Horrors: 365 Scary Stories

"Curses"
"Fashion Victim"
"Time Capsule"
Audio Cassette
Published by Audio Literature (first published 1998)

Erik Graff
Sep 08, 2012 Erik Graff rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horror fans
Recommended to Erik by: Martin Mundt
Shelves: literature
As friends on Goodreads know, I've been organizing events at local cafes for several years, events ranging from puppet shows to music, from academic lectures to readings. I picked this book up at a recent night devoted to horror fiction, Martin Mundt, my favorite horror writer, having included it on the literature table at a discounted price.
The gimmick to this collection is that it has a story, usually of one to three pages, for each night of the year. Lacking that kind of patience, I went thr...more
Hayley
Although the stories are not very scary a lot of times, they are extremely creative. Each story only gets 2 or 3 pages tops, so the authors have to try to tell a story in that amount of space (or less). It is a collective of many different authors.
Kwirebaugh
Given to my be my sister to read.
You have to be prepared for some strange and creepy stories. They are short! there is a story for each day of the year. If you like horror, this is a read for you.
Kate
Jun 03, 2008 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like scary-ness.
these stories are pretty disturbing. i like them.

but they're kinda short.
Nick Miranda
A horror story for every day of the week! It’s like Christmas every day—or Halloween!

365 Scary Stories does something most writers fear more than anything. It makes them tell a complete story in less than three pages. That’s right; none of these stories will take you more than a few minutes to read. And they are all mostly well done. Just like any other collection of short stories, there is never really one that can be called a favorite, but some of the better ones are super-short (just a few se...more
Grace
Going into the book I really wasn't expecting a whole lot due to the length of the stories but some of them were really very good. The two that stand out in particular are the Vampire on Christmas one (I loved the funny little irony twist at the end) and one very creepy one that was really disturbing about a ransomed child and no one at home. I think it was called Phone Tag but i'm not sure.
Colleen
This is kind of a cool book. You could literally read one tiny little short story a day for a year. Mostly, they're only a page or so long. Think about that! That's a real talent: being able to tell a complete story in under 500 words. It's remarkable. Some, I must admit, I didn't enjoy nearly as well as others, but I'd say that about 90% or more were pretty darn enjoyable.
Naomi
11/10/09:

One of the books from my sister Hayley's shelf that she recommended to me when I asked for books to read while visiting. Most of the stories aren't too scary, though they are definitely really bizarre and very creative. I have had some really interesting dreams the past few nights and these stories are definitely contributing to them.
Mr. Graham
This book took me about ten years to get through. I always pick it up thinking I'll finish it, or at least bite of a big chunk, but it just doesn't happen. Out of the 365 2-page stories in this book, I marked about 15 that I would go back and read again. Really a dreadful waste of time.
Merri
Nov 07, 2009 Merri rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Merri by: My brother
A lot of the stories in here are kind of avant-garde/experimental horror, but nevertheless, most of them are REALLY good and creepy. My favorite is the Bone Garden. I'm doing the whole one story a day thing, and it's really entertaining :)
Jabberjawocky
Exceptional anthology featuring extremely brief short stories. The format works well and there's an extensive variety of clever ideas & concepts.
Jessica
One of the best collections of short horror stories, with the highlight being "For Your Immediate Attention". Scary as hell.
Morgan
It was alright. There were some really good stories, some really stupid stories, but the majority were just ok.
Chad Case
A must read for anyone that enjoys flash fiction stories!
Stacey
A great way to creep yourself out in under two pages.
Rabbit {I want my hogwart's letter}
I'm gonna read one story per day.
Zeta T.
This took a few YEARS to finish...
Maddy

Wendy Christine Allen
Wendy Christine Allen marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Taylor Whittenberg
Taylor Whittenberg marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Coos Burton
Coos Burton marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sara Woodruff Gwinn
Sara Woodruff Gwinn is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2014
Hannah Potter
Hannah Potter marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Luigii
Luigii marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Kenzie Lundberg
Kenzie Lundberg marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Gabbie
Gabbie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Classic Ghost and Horror Stories The Heritage of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #1-4) Getting Into College Voices in the Coalmines Great Getty: The Life and Loves of J. Paul Getty