Start by marking “Horrors: 365 Scary Stories” as Want to Read:

"Curses"
"Fashion Victim"
"Time Capsule"
Audio Cassette
Published by Audio Literature (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Horrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrors

Erik Graff
Sep 08, 2012 Erik Graff rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horror fans
Recommended to Erik by: Martin Mundt
Shelves: literature
As friends on Goodreads know, I've been organizing events at local cafes for several years, events ranging from puppet shows to music, from academic lectures to readings. I picked this book up at a recent night devoted to horror fiction, Martin Mundt, my favorite horror writer, having included it on the literature table at a discounted price.
The gimmick to this collection is that it has a story, usually of one to three pages, for each night of the year. Lacking that kind of patience, I went thr
Hayley
Mar 10, 2008 Hayley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the stories are not very scary a lot of times, they are extremely creative. Each story only gets 2 or 3 pages tops, so the authors have to try to tell a story in that amount of space (or less). It is a collective of many different authors.
Mary Harmon
Oct 24, 2014 Mary Harmon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is the least scary book that I have ever read. Many of the stories are less than a page long, which is not long enough to build up any type of suspense. Some of the stories do not even make sense. I was very disappointed in this book.
Mr. Graham
Oct 24, 2014 Mr. Graham rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This book took me about ten years to get through. I always pick it up thinking I'll finish it, or at least bite off a big chunk, but it just doesn't happen. Out of the 365 2-page stories in this book, I marked about 15 that I would go back and read again. Really a dreadful waste of time.
Kwirebaugh
Nov 18, 2008 Kwirebaugh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Given to my be my sister to read.
You have to be prepared for some strange and creepy stories. They are short! there is a story for each day of the year. If you like horror, this is a read for you.
Jessica
Jan 22, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best collections of short horror stories, with the highlight being "For Your Immediate Attention". Scary as hell.
Kate
Jun 03, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like scary-ness.
these stories are pretty disturbing. i like them.

but they're kinda short.
gavin
Oct 28, 2015 gavin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book was extremely great and also extremely long. It was 726 pages and the stories were short. I would recommend this book to somebody that likes ling stories and has a lot of time an their hands.

I liked the book not only because it was long but, also because some of the stories were interesting and most had a plot twist. I think that the plot twists were great because you would never see some of the twists coming.
Nick Miranda
Aug 03, 2011 Nick Miranda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A horror story for every day of the week! It’s like Christmas every day—or Halloween!

365 Scary Stories does something most writers fear more than anything. It makes them tell a complete story in less than three pages. That’s right; none of these stories will take you more than a few minutes to read. And they are all mostly well done. Just like any other collection of short stories, there is never really one that can be called a favorite, but some of the better ones are super-short (just a few se
Gracie
Going into the book I really wasn't expecting a whole lot due to the length of the stories but some of them were really very good. The two that stand out in particular are the Vampire on Christmas one (I loved the funny little irony twist at the end) and one very creepy one that was really disturbing about a ransomed child and no one at home. I think it was called Phone Tag but i'm not sure.
Colleen
Jul 14, 2012 Colleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
This is kind of a cool book. You could literally read one tiny little short story a day for a year. Mostly, they're only a page or so long. Think about that! That's a real talent: being able to tell a complete story in under 500 words. It's remarkable. Some, I must admit, I didn't enjoy nearly as well as others, but I'd say that about 90% or more were pretty darn enjoyable.
Benjamin Elliott
May 21, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-in-print
I would only read 1-3 of these stories in a sitting (usually right before bed, much to my wife's incredulity) so it took me quite a long time to get through the whole thing, but I enjoyed it. The stories are short enough that you don't need a lot of time to fit one or two in, and I really like this type of story, so definitely a winner for me.
Naomi
Dec 19, 2009 Naomi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didnt-finish
11/10/09:

One of the books from my sister Hayley's shelf that she recommended to me when I asked for books to read while visiting. Most of the stories aren't too scary, though they are definitely really bizarre and very creative. I have had some really interesting dreams the past few nights and these stories are definitely contributing to them.
Merri
Nov 07, 2009 Merri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Merri by: My brother
A lot of the stories in here are kind of avant-garde/experimental horror, but nevertheless, most of them are REALLY good and creepy. My favorite is the Bone Garden. I'm doing the whole one story a day thing, and it's really entertaining :)
Jessica
A fun collection of quick, bite-sized stories perfect for bedtime or a short break from other work. Of course, not all of the stories are fantastic, but in a collection of 365 tales, there are more than enough to keep the reader satisfied.
Jabberjawocky
Aug 20, 2012 Jabberjawocky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Exceptional anthology featuring extremely brief short stories. The format works well and there's an extensive variety of clever ideas & concepts.
Morgan
Nov 27, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was alright. There were some really good stories, some really stupid stories, but the majority were just ok.
Chad Case
Aug 20, 2010 Chad Case rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A must read for anyone that enjoys flash fiction stories!
Stacey
Feb 03, 2009 Stacey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great way to creep yourself out in under two pages.
Zeta T.
This took a few YEARS to finish...
Maddy
Oct 12, 2012 Maddy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scary

How do u read it
Brett
Anthology,Horror
Zach
Zach marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Daisy Perez
Daisy Perez marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Jenni
Jenni marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Jennifer Redmon
Jennifer Redmon marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
  • Don't Open This Book
  • Treachery and Treason
  • Best New Horror 15 (The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, #15)
  • Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense
  • Scary Stories
  • Beware!: R.L. Stine Picks His Favorite Scary Stories
  • Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories (Creepy #1-3)
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Thirteenth Annual Collection
  • Dark Delicacies (Dark Delicacies, #1)
  • 100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories