Start by marking “Horrors: 365 Scary Stories” as Want to Read:

Featuring Martin Mundt's
"Fashion Victim"
"Time Capsule"
Audio Cassette
Published by Audio Literature (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Horrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horrors

Erik Graff
Sep 08, 2012 Erik Graff rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: horror fans
Recommended to Erik by: Martin Mundt
Shelves: literature
As friends on Goodreads know, I've been organizing events at local cafes for several years, events ranging from puppet shows to music, from academic lectures to readings. I picked this book up at a recent night devoted to horror fiction, Martin Mundt, my favorite horror writer, having included it on the literature table at a discounted price.
The gimmick to this collection is that it has a story, usually of one to three pages, for each night of the year. Lacking that kind of patience, I went thr
Although the stories are not very scary a lot of times, they are extremely creative. Each story only gets 2 or 3 pages tops, so the authors have to try to tell a story in that amount of space (or less). It is a collective of many different authors.
Mr. Graham
This book took me about ten years to get through. I always pick it up thinking I'll finish it, or at least bite off a big chunk, but it just doesn't happen. Out of the 365 2-page stories in this book, I marked about 15 that I would go back and read again. Really a dreadful waste of time.
Mary Harmon
This is the least scary book that I have ever read. Many of the stories are less than a page long, which is not long enough to build up any type of suspense. Some of the stories do not even make sense. I was very disappointed in this book.
Given to my be my sister to read.
You have to be prepared for some strange and creepy stories. They are short! there is a story for each day of the year. If you like horror, this is a read for you.
One of the best collections of short horror stories, with the highlight being "For Your Immediate Attention". Scary as hell.
Jun 03, 2008 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like scary-ness.
these stories are pretty disturbing. i like them.

but they're kinda short.
I think that this book was extremely great and also extremely long. It was 726 pages and the stories were short. I would recommend this book to somebody that likes ling stories and has a lot of time an their hands.

I liked the book not only because it was long but, also because some of the stories were interesting and most had a plot twist. I think that the plot twists were great because you would never see some of the twists coming.
Nick Miranda
A horror story for every day of the week! It’s like Christmas every day—or Halloween!

365 Scary Stories does something most writers fear more than anything. It makes them tell a complete story in less than three pages. That’s right; none of these stories will take you more than a few minutes to read. And they are all mostly well done. Just like any other collection of short stories, there is never really one that can be called a favorite, but some of the better ones are super-short (just a few se
Grace (PickingonStuff)
Going into the book I really wasn't expecting a whole lot due to the length of the stories but some of them were really very good. The two that stand out in particular are the Vampire on Christmas one (I loved the funny little irony twist at the end) and one very creepy one that was really disturbing about a ransomed child and no one at home. I think it was called Phone Tag but i'm not sure.
This is kind of a cool book. You could literally read one tiny little short story a day for a year. Mostly, they're only a page or so long. Think about that! That's a real talent: being able to tell a complete story in under 500 words. It's remarkable. Some, I must admit, I didn't enjoy nearly as well as others, but I'd say that about 90% or more were pretty darn enjoyable.

One of the books from my sister Hayley's shelf that she recommended to me when I asked for books to read while visiting. Most of the stories aren't too scary, though they are definitely really bizarre and very creative. I have had some really interesting dreams the past few nights and these stories are definitely contributing to them.
Nov 07, 2009 Merri rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!
Recommended to Merri by: My brother
A lot of the stories in here are kind of avant-garde/experimental horror, but nevertheless, most of them are REALLY good and creepy. My favorite is the Bone Garden. I'm doing the whole one story a day thing, and it's really entertaining :)
A fun collection of quick, bite-sized stories perfect for bedtime or a short break from other work. Of course, not all of the stories are fantastic, but in a collection of 365 tales, there are more than enough to keep the reader satisfied.
Exceptional anthology featuring extremely brief short stories. The format works well and there's an extensive variety of clever ideas & concepts.
It was alright. There were some really good stories, some really stupid stories, but the majority were just ok.
Chad Case
A must read for anyone that enjoys flash fiction stories!
A great way to creep yourself out in under two pages.
Zeta T.
This took a few YEARS to finish...
Oct 12, 2012 Maddy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scary

How do u read it
marissa parker
marissa parker marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Ashley Jimenez
Ashley Jimenez is currently reading it
Nov 16, 2015
Trey Buchholz
Trey Buchholz marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Amber Vaughn
Amber Vaughn marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Angi marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Lily marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2015
  • Don't Open This Book
  • Best New Horror 15 (The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror, #15)
  • Treachery and Treason
  • Scary Stories
  • Beware!: R.L. Stine Picks His Favorite Scary Stories
  • Tales of Terror: 58 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense
  • Great Ghost Stories (Thrift Editions)
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Thirteenth Annual Collection
  • Creepy: A Collection of Scary Stories
  • 100 Hair-Raising Little Horror Stories
  • Dark Delicacies (Dark Delicacies, #1)
  • The Dark Descent (Collection)
  • Stained