Start by marking “Black Number Four” as Want to Read:
Black Number Four

Black Number Four

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  409 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
Known as one of the youngest and most ambitious poker players in the country, Skyler Thorne has a reputation to uphold in Vegas this year. Her sole focus for spring semester is to perfect her game and get tournament ready – and have some fun with her sorority sisters, of course. Meeting a care-free pledge with incredible arms adds a whole new element of fun to her semester ...more
Published April 4th 2015 by Kandi Steiner (first published March 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Black Number Four, please sign up.

Kandi Steiner Hi Book Junkie! Yes, this is a 1st person POV told from both Skyler's and Kip's POV. It switches back and forth each chapter. :)

Patrycja
Dec 16, 2015 Patrycja added it
Shelves: 2015, on-hold
I am putting it on hold at 20%, as I am not quite in the mood for it. It's quite enjoyable read but I just seem to distracted with other things =)
Michele ~ Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews
OMG I absolutely LOVED this book! This book has got to be one of my favorites of the year, and will be one I read over and over again! I love how Kandi uses porker as the main reference for the story, I mean, isn’t love kind of like a game poker?

Skyler and Kip have an amazing chemistry between them. It’s hard to deny it’s there when they are around each other; however they have many obstacles they have to try to get around if they’re ever going to be able to make it work.

Both have a game they a
Southern Belle Book Blog
Mar 22, 2015 Southern Belle Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Excuse me for a second, while my racing heart slows and my tummy stops fluttering. Black Number Four is the epitome of a new adult novel. It’s got it all, plus some. While many focus on only the angst or shock factor in the new adult genre, Steiner has written a well-rounded novel that will cover all of the emotions, from heartbreak to frustration, romance to humor, and a whole lot of excitement.

Skyler and Kip couldn’t have been more perfect for each other. They’re both so witty, so sarcastic, a
Kelley Nance
Aug 27, 2015 Kelley Nance rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to win a copy of Black Number Four before its release and it's EASILY a favorite of mine for 2015! It's a fabulous combination of smart, sexy and sassy but gives you all the feels that a romance should. Kandi gets you in the game with Skyler and Kip-their romance was a definite rollercoaster ride but most of all, I felt that their relationship was relatable. Throw them into the world of poker and you just have to go "all in" with this story! Kandi does an excellent job of weaving the ...more
Anna
Apr 23, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodies, arc
Skyler is a young hot up and coming professional poker player. She is also a regular college student trying to decide on a major and actively participate in her sorority. She meets Kip Jackson, a sexy transfer student during pledge week and their attraction to one another is quick. Unfortunately, both have secrets and both have people in their lives who are complicating any chance of them having a normal relationship.

This book was a pleasant surprise for me. Once I started reading this, I becam
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 4 Poker Face Stars ~

Black Number Four was an interesting story in the New Adult Genre. In some aspects it was very similar to other books out there, but Kandi was able to put a spin on the storyline which made it a story all of it's own.

This is the third book I have read by Kandi and I have to say that I truly enjoy each and every one of her books. I have enjoyed watching her writing improve with each book she writes. She has a g
Cassie Graham
Feb 23, 2015 Cassie Graham rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Kandi and everything she writes. The woman can do NO wrong. I know as soon as I sit down to read her books, I won't be disappointed. And Black Number Four was no exception.

I have been waiting for this book for a very long time. And let me tell you, I was insanely impatient. But, Kandi Steiner did not disappoint. Not only was she able to twine a story about poker (which, I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of) and love, and it was unforgettable. I adored Kip and Skylar's story.
Thetwistedbookcurmudgeon
Nov 02, 2015 Thetwistedbookcurmudgeon rated it really liked it
*** 4 Cranky Stars ***

I am not a big fan of college romance stories, but I actually enjoyed this one! I found it an unique read and a great step outside of a traditional female lead. Skyler is a female poker player and although I love poker, don't be fooled by the synopsis. This story is not centered around poker.

Skyler and Kip play games with one another from the very beginning and I loved it. They have such hot chemistry throughout the entire story.

Some of my favorite aspects of this book was
Tantalizing
Can someone explain to me why it took me so long to read this book, or any book by Kandi Steiner?

Anyone?

Okay, that means I am just an idiot.

This book, these characters are fantastically amazing with a dash of HOT!

Kip... words fail me when it comes to Kip. He's smart, sexy (he knows it too, but it's not the stuck up sexy), funny... did I say hot? No, I didn't well he's BEYOND hot! Definitely on a list of my top book boyfriends.

Skyler, she's feisty, sassy and so oblivious to the fact that she's a
Lala BooksandLala
DNF at 37%. I just can't. I tried, I really did. Maybe I'll come back to it some day, but the dialogue just feels so contrived.
Candy at Prisoners of Print
Apr 18, 2015 Candy at Prisoners of Print rated it really liked it
Black Number Four by Kandi Steiner is such a fun, quick read that is bound to leave you turning the pages to see the fate of these characters. Steiner creates personalities that are addicting, fun, and incredibly youthful. Even though there are bigger issues both of them are facing, the author pulls you back to those days of forgetting an outside world existed and just living in the moment. Black Number Four definitely provided for a great mind-cation for the time that I was immersed in its page ...more
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
From the mouth of my 9 year old , a little joke she heard -
How do you wake up Lady Gaga ??
Poker Face...get it poke-her-face , IDK thought it went with the book !!

Ok so my hubby just got some candy skull designed cards tattooed on his hand , no lie , so obviously poker is a household thing for my family and I loved reading about it in a book. Reading as much as I do it is nice to have a different kind of SPORT/HOBBY !!

You had me with the cover
I was intrigued by the synop ( which explains a lot
Amanda Stewart lawrence
Apr 20, 2015 Amanda Stewart lawrence rated it it was amazing

I loved, loved, loved this book!! Starting out, I had not read the synopsis, so I had no clue as to what it was even about but I had heard that it was a great read and i Sam so glad that I took a chance and read it! I absolutely loved it!
Tracy
Apr 13, 2015 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Skylar and Kip are hawt. In an OMG! CALL 911!, type of hawt. The couch scene…oh holy! OH FREAKIN’ HOLY! But couch scene aside, they are wonderful characters and driven together even when they should be further from each other than ever. I can’t say enough good things about this book. I was introduced to Kandi Steiner during her read along of Song Chaser. And her heroes and heroines are flawed and sweet and tough and sassy. Oh are they sassy. I love her books. I wished I could say more, but it wo ...more
Monique.boone23gmail.com
Mar 21, 2015 Monique.boone23gmail.com rated it it was amazing
I read this book pre-published as one of Kandi's Beta Readers. This is the second book I have had the ultimate privilege of being a beta for, but the third book for this author that I have been a crazy fan of!

To say I am a fan of romance novels would be an understatement. I believe being able to capture a raw feeling between two people and suck your readers in so deeply that they feel like it is now their own relationship is not an easy feat... well for most... but for Kandi its like a second n
Ashlei
Feb 23, 2015 Ashlei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2015
“Love doesn’t play our games because love is a completely different game in and of itself. And in the game of love, when all the chips are on the table, no one emerges unscarred. No one. But sometimes our scars are the most beautiful story tellers.”

I told Kandi that I wasn’t sure how I was going to be able to put my feelings in to words. I’m not a writing so finding the words to describe how much I adored this book is difficult for me.

But here goes nothing.

I’ve been reading this book for a fe
A Beautiful Book Blog
Mar 24, 2015 A Beautiful Book Blog rated it it was amazing
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book... I am a complete sucker for New Adult/ College Romance books. This one just hit the top of my list. It had the perfect combination of HOT and SEXY, with Killer Chemistry. It also had the Perfect amount of Drama...Gosh I loved every minute of this book.

Kandi nailed it with this book. The Drama...was perfect. It was not to over the top unbelievable crazy. I was exactly how I picture college drama would go down..I loved all the characters, even the not so nice ones..
Beth Hurley
Mar 29, 2015 Beth Hurley rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting to read this book. I could not wait to get my hands on it and when I finally started reading it I could not put it down. I instantly fell in love with all of the characters. I could relate to these characters. She made this story feel so real to me. This story was amazing. I love Sky and Kip's story. They had so many up's and downs that I didn't know how it was going to end. While reading this story I had so many emotions. I felt for both characters. I cried, I laughed and ev ...more
Andrea Britton
Apr 18, 2015 Andrea Britton rated it it was amazing
Ahhh! This book is my favorite of all of Kandi' s books. These characters are written so well that you would swear you are in the book with them. The H and h are two people who you can relate too and you fall in love with them. This read has so many emotions in it. At one point I could of thrown my Kindle but in the end my heart is very Happy. Great characters, great flow! I would highly recommend this book for any fiction reader.
Tina Lynne
Apr 17, 2015 Tina Lynne rated it really liked it
I felt like BLACK NUMBER FOUR was a guilty pleasure kind of book for me, but not in the normal sense as you would think. To me it read like a reality show for some reason (which is my under the radar guilty pleasure- don’t tell anyone) and that was a very different feeling in a book. I felt like there was a true insider’s look into the world of gambling and high stakes gambling, a world that is both intriguing and somewhat terrifying, and the world of collegiate organizations- fraternities and s ...more
Naughty Smutty Book Blog
Apr 04, 2015 Naughty Smutty Book Blog rated it it was amazing
*Arc provided for honest review*

I’m a sucker for a college romance. I love them! When I started this book I was sucked right in. I fell in love with Skyler and Kip right away. I felt their relationship developed perfectly, It wasn’t rushed but you didn’t have to wait to long for things to happen.
Skyler was perfect, I felt I could relate to her and things she was going through. She appeared to be strong and a badass, but she had a good pokerface because she was trying to hold everything together
Priscilla Garcia
Apr 04, 2015 Priscilla Garcia rated it it was amazing
******I received a ARC for an honest review******

First and Foremost I will like to congratulate Kandi for writing an amazing unique book. I have never come upon a book that was based around Poker and I have to say that at first I had my doubt I was going to like reading a book that the story was based around poker. But I loved it, Kandi knew how to include Poker just the right amount so her readers wouldn't give up on read BNF. The reason I am bringing up the Poker subject because I know must of
The Book Hoarders
Apr 03, 2015 The Book Hoarders rated it it was amazing
Well, it's time for me to bite the big one. I have been putting off this review, not because I hate this book, but because, I fell absolutely in love with it. How do you review something you love?! Just imagine me, Tom Cruise style jumping and waving my hands around. I love Kandi Steiner. I love Black Number Four. Read it or else!!!

This is my third Kandi Steiner book and it won't be my last. She hooked me in with the Chaser series and she sunk me like the Titantic in this one. Her writing will d
Steph Nuss
Mar 27, 2015 Steph Nuss rated it it was amazing
Thank you, Kandi Steiner, for giving me the opportunity to devour Black Number Four before its release!

Black Number Four is a poker game in and of itself, which is why I absolutely loved it! I found myself holding my breath, just waiting for the cards to turn on numerous occasions. And if anyone could reach through my kindle and figure out my tell, it's Kip Jackson; that blue-eyed boy completely stole my heart!

While Black Number Four was a story I didn't want to put down, I found myself doing s
Katie
Apr 13, 2015 Katie rated it liked it
SammiesBookBlog
Mar 16, 2015 SammiesBookBlog rated it really liked it
Shelves: all-in
I was given a ARC in exchange for my honest review.

This is unlike anything Kandi has written in the past. So for that I would love to applaude her for writing something totally differen't and not like her normal romance stories. Proud of her for stepping out of the box.
That being said, I did not love nor hate this story. It was in the middle for me. It wasn't that there was anything necessarily wrong with the story, I just found it hard to get into, hard to follow for me. And it didn't grab my
Venus Windmiller
Aug 12, 2015 Venus Windmiller rated it it was amazing
Kandi Steiner, you are amazing! I loved this book so much. The chemistry between Kip and Skyler was more electrifying than John and Olivia...lol. Seriously though, if you are looking for a book that you will not want to put down then go ahead and grab it. :-)
Jamie
loved it!!

M.
Okay, nobody can say I didn't try to finish this book. I think I've picked it up at least ten times, read it a bit, and then got beyond annoyed with either the plot, the MCs, or the side characters.

I could simply give it a two star rating and move on without a review. But that would be disservice to other readers and even to the author because the writing was good. The story had tremendous potential, but all the ingredients put together didn't result in a novel I could enjoy.

Let's begin with the
Josie Bordeaux
Mar 29, 2015 Josie Bordeaux rated it it was amazing
"And for a moment, I forget this is fake. When her mouth meets mine, that same magnetic charge from the first time we kissed flows through to my core, catching me by surprise."
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Honestly, I absolutely loved Black Number Four! Kandi's writing is fantastic and really pulls you in. The story line is angsty enough to keep you on your toes and turning pages, but not enough to throw your kindle across the room! The sparks between Kip and Skyler are hot
  • Take Me Away
  • Something Worth Saving
  • A Little Broken
  • Therapy Ever After (Therapy, #1.5)
  • Giving In (The Shore, #1)
  • Miami Hush Club: Episode 4 (Miami Hush Club, #4)
  • A Cry for Hope (Hope, #1)
  • Shadow Dreams
  • Schooled (Travesty #1)
  • Beautiful
  • What's Left of Us (What's Left of Me, #2)
  • Landslide
  • Semper Mine (Sons of War, #1)
  • Breaking Noah
  • Binge (Seven Year Itch, #1)
  • Fighting to Survive (Guarded Hearts, #3)
  • Out of Control (Untamed #2)
  • Broken Wings (Broken, #1)
7319216
Kandi Steiner is a Creative Writing and Advertising/Public Relations graduate from the University of Central Florida living in Tampa with her husband. Kandi works full time as a social media specialist, but also works part time as a Zumba fitness instructor and blackjack dealer.

Kandi started writing back in the 4th grade after reading the first Harry Potter installment. In 6th grade, she wrote an
More about Kandi Steiner...

“You see love just the same way that you see the wind – by the way it moves other things. Love has moved me, it’s changed me, and I can see it more clearly than the sun in the sky.” 2 likes
“Love is wild and unruly and it does what it wants with our hearts without us having any say in it. It’s beautiful and paralyzing and breathtaking. And it kills us because it’s the only thing that keeps us alive. Love doesn’t play our games because love is a completely different game in and of itself.” 1 likes