Start by marking “On Board the Titantic What It Was Like When the Great titanic Liner Sank” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
On Board the Titantic ...

Shelley Tanaka

On Board the Titantic What It Was Like When the Great titanic Liner Sank

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The story of the Titanic told through the eyes of two young survivors. Full-color illustrations with detailed diagrams and rare photographs convey a wealth of information to complement this gripping true story.
Published 1996 by Hyperion

Be the first to ask a question about On Board the Titantic What It Was Like When the Great titanic Liner Sank

Mike Aragona
Another excellent example of a book geared towards both teaching children about significant moments in history, and in exciting their thirst for knowledge.
Jerald Belofsky
This is a great blend of history and fiction. It also has fascinating photos and full color cutaway pictures of the interior of the ship. It really is an eyewitness account of what happened suitable for young readers.
Yvette Neisser Moreno
I read this book with my 6-year-old daughter. It was a gripping story for both of us, well-written, with both illustrations and actual photos of the Titanic and its survivors. I loved the book, but my only complaint is that it should have been labeled with the target age range. Although my 6-year-old loved it and said she wasn't scared, the story goes into detail about everything that happened, in a play-by-play fashion, and I would not recommend it for other kids her age. I think it's probably...more
Kimberly
Silver Birch award-winner. This book is written for a young adult audience, but with a really personal take on the story that everyone knows, it's gripping. In addition to the illustrations by Ken Marshall, there are also original photographs. It almost brought me to tears. A great read for a young person learning about the Titanic, what happened in the days and hours leading up to its sinking, and a bit of the aftermath.
Jori Richardson
A children's book that mixes non-fiction with a story to tell the familiar tale of the Titanic. It is written from the point of view of a teenage boy who was actually aboard the Titanic.
I didn't like that the book failed to specify what exactly about the character himself was real, and what was fiction.
However, this is an interesting book with illustrations and photos.
Mary-Jane
An excellent account of the Titanic disaster from the perspective of a teenager and of one of the radio operators who survived. The book includes many fascinating photos and insets.

I was surprised not to find references at the back but rather suggestions for further reading.
10-11 Trip
I read it and i just thought it was the same of any other book or movie about the titanic.
LeeAnn G
Informative children's book about one of the most traumatic events of our history.
Coney Cutie
IT was one of the largest, most luxurious steamship ever built......But.....
Judy
This could be a compelling story but the story-telling voice seems contrived.
Chai T
May 21, 2008 Chai T rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
i learned a lot
Needaname
Needaname marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Marcus Lavoie
Marcus Lavoie marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
jane
jane added it
Aug 31, 2014
Regan Zhang
Regan Zhang marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Michael Dux
Michael Dux marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Peggy
Peggy added it
May 27, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Amelia Earhart: The Legend of the Lost Aviator Nobody Knows Attack on Pearl Harbor The Buried City of Pompeii Mummies: The Newest, Coolest & Creepiest from Around the World