Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)

Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  2,260 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Now that her bond with Toya has healed her heart, Chiyuki wants to live her life to the fullest. What she doesn't know is that Toya has refused to make the full partnership with her. He doesn't want to doom her to a thousand years of life. Chiyuki swore to Toya that she would never leave him alone, but is that a promise she'll be able to keep?
Published July 3rd 2007 by VIZ Media LLC

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
369th out of 563 books — 1,154 voters
Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaChobits, Vol. 05 by CLAMPBlack Butler, Vol. 06 by Yana TobosoKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Best Manga Covers
161st out of 346 books — 78 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
There are still things that I like about Millennium Snow. I like the three main characters themselves, and I like how the vampires work. I also liked the first story, even with the bizarre setup. (Toya doesn't like riding in buses, so let's walk through the snowy mountains! Because that makes total sense.) But the second story had a strange twist for a new character. I had a hard time believing that Keigo could so quickly turn from being a loving big brother substitute to... Well, I couldn't eve...more
I do kind of wish long-running shojo manga series didn't tend to rely on the trope of constantly adding new potential love interests for the heroine (two volumes in and we've got a werewolf and a childhood friend so far). I suppose it gets fans more hooked as they root for one or the other, but I find it kind of tedious, somehow.

That said, the action and romance are upped a bit in this one and so I did enjoy it.
Jeannette
Lots happens in this second volume. Some of it is humorous, especially the transformation of Yamimura. Satsuki is a bit too over the top, and Toya, is as expected, very conflicted. The two "stories" were okay, but Kei was a bit too much, too fast.

Buddy-read with Katy.
Steph
Jan 25, 2009 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: vampire manga lovers
A cute and charming manga.
Lissibith
Welp! I think I'm about done with Millenium Snow.

It's not bad. I still like our main trio. But eh... I'm just tired. I'm tired of reading things that I feel I can predict, and moreover I'm tired of the places where a story surprises me not being genuinely clever but so absolutely ridiculous that no one could have seen it coming.

There's a couple stories here. The first is... okay. I feel like I'm saying that a lot. But it is. The characters are okay, the plot is okay, the new character is okay. T...more
Starbubbles
This series deserved at least one more book, but it's fine without it. Chiyuki and the gang seem to have blended together rather quickly. her brother/cousin went crazy, then accepted toya in an afternoon. plus the whole gang went to the alps, for the fun of it. ah, the joys of manga. this series is just quirky and lovable. what more could you want?
Treasure
Plenty of drama and angst, with some gothic elements thrown in. A solid continuation of the story of Chiyuki, the girl with the heart condition, and Toya, the vampire struggling with his feelings for her and whether or not he can drink her blood to save both of their lives.
Caroline
I didn't get this until I read it a few times, and then I fully appreciated it. Well-drawn, vampires, werewolves, a girl named after someone in the St. Clare's series...really, what's not to like?
Crystal
It's so sad that the series ended here.
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
4.5 Stars

Continuing on to volume 2, things take an bit darker turn when the trio and Yamimaru go on an snowy trip to Switzerland and later Chiyuki's older cousin pays an visit from America.

This volume definitely feels more serious as well as growing the beard. It does get an little unnerving like (view spoiler) Toya and Chiyuki's relationship grows st...more
Gabriela
HEY YOU!YAS YOU! Are you ready to hear about what has been going on with Chiyuki in volume 2 Millennium Snow? If you don't know who Chiyuki is you're missing out. Chiyuki has these friends that aren't 100% ordinary. Toya and Satsuki are supernatural creatures. I loved this fiction book as much as I loved the first book.

In this book Chiyuki, Toya, and Satsuki go on a trip to Switzerland but get lost. Fortunately, they find an abandoned mansion for shelter. But guess what happened?****Spoiler A...more
Jody Mena
This second book of Millenium Snow was very entertaining, but also very frustrating! It was a lot of comedy and drama, and a few romantic scenes. The romance and drama were a little bit predictable, but the comedic parts made me laugh, so I was smiling all the way through. Kei was a character that I could understand, but who still freaked me out – tying Chiyuki up was a bit much. The biggest surprise of the book was Yamimaru – that is one sexy bishounen bat-man! He’s definitely my favorite chara...more
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: Created by Bisco Hatori, this shōjo supernatural romance story follows Chiyuki Matsuoka, a young woman in high school with a weak heart. When she was born, the doctors said she would be lucky to live until she was 15. She now tries to live to see it snow as many times as possible.

One evening, she sees a young man in a black coat jump off a building, and she goes to find him, only to discover that the man is unhurt. She learns that his name is Tōya Kanō, and that he is
Dexter/Persy
There's no denying it... this manga is pretty awful. The art and the writing both are kind of all over the place, and sometimes hard to understand. Even aside from this, the plot isn't all that great either, and the characters are... confusing. The only one with any kind of consistent personality is Satsuki, who is just the cheerful random one. Toya and Chiyuki are just all over the place.

The only reason why I'll still claim a certain fondness for Millennium Snow is because it's Bisco Hatori, an...more
Jenni
This was actually better than the first volume. Toya is slowly warming up to Chiyuki and maybe realizing his feelings for her? Yumi is so cute! I'm actually one of them that didn't knew about that he could transform into a human LOL
Annafaith
Wish the story actually finished this was my favorite manga until I found it stopped and now I like Ouran host club too but still which the series would get finished
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Look at that cover. Anyway, this was good then it got weird but still good. The vampires are interesting in this one. The art is fun in this, weird but fun.
Nayrakasha
Had a great base but the story is too rushed leaving much underdeveloped.
Sunni
Loved it. Don't like the cousin they bring into the story though. He's a jerk.
Sarai
Apr 20, 2008 Sarai rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manag
Recommended to Sarai by: Read the 1st volume had to see about 2nd
Shelves: manga
This is a continuation of Millenium Snow 1 and we are introduced to a new character that throws a hiccup in the plans. Kei a young man that took care of Chiyuki from the time she was born until he went to America. He has loved her during that time and is upset to see by Toya and S. it was an interesting storying line but I didn't care for it as much as the first couple. I thought the ghost one was weird as well but it did help them grow closer as a couple.
Christina
Millennium Snow is altogether just good fun. It's a nice story, isn't overdone, with well developed characters that you can really get a feel for. You can definitely tell that this is Bisco Hatori's early work from some of the character proportions, but I don't find it getting in the way of the story, either.

I'm excited at the notion of Volume Three one day making its way Stateside...
Kimberly
This is a great series that has potential to become as successful as OHSHC, Bisco Hatori's other more well known series. I think that I would have given this a better rating if not for a lack of better ending. I like the characters, but the plot is too short.
Rachel
This has been sitting on my shelf for ages, lol
Denisa Mertiri
Great continuation tot he first one. Nothing makes a story better then adding werewolf and an annoying ghost.
I would love to keep reading this story. There should defiantly be another volume.
Chelsea
This volume was really fun and I enjoyed seeing how all the characters have developed so far. I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next and am glad that the series is being continued.
VampireAngelSadist
I somehow found it a bit mean when Toya would yell at Chiyuki and kick her. Even though he was kidding, I still didn't like it. But I liekd teh characters and the end was very sweet.
Olivia
Sep 19, 2011 Olivia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Olivia by: Leanna
Not a bad book, funny and entertaining, but sometimes hard to follow. And also another book with a vampire and werewolf in love with the human girl (hmmm...)
Linz
My rating gives my review of the entire series, since I only star the first volume of a manga series. I've read both volumes in this series.
Christine
It reminds me to Twilight a little too much, even though I know it was created/drawn in Japan before Twilight hit bookstores in the US.
Sara93
The epitome of cheesy shoujo. I honestly can't believe I enjoyed this, but I did. I'll never be able to explain or understand why, though.
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 02 (MeruPuri, #2)
  • Yurara, Vol. 1
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 03
  • Bloody Kiss, Vol. 02
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
  • Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 05
  • Backstage Prince, Vol. 1 (Backstage Prince, #1)
  • Special A, Vol. 02 (Special A, #2)
  • Fall in Love Like a Comic!, Vol. 01
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 1
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 2
Japanese: 葉鳥ビスコ

Bisco Hatori born August 30 is a Japanese manga artist. Bisco Hatori is a pseudonym; she states that the name has special meaning to her. She has worked for such magazines as LaLa. Her manga debut was A Moment of Romance in LaLa DX. Her first series was Millennium Snow. However, the comedy Ouran High School Host Club is her breakout hit.

More about Bisco Hatori...
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1) Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 02 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 03 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 15 Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 04