Start by marking “The Grand Scheme” as Want to Read:
The Grand Scheme

The Grand Scheme (Phantom Hollow #3)

Envy is a deadly poison. Faith is the antidote.

Things couldn’t be better for Rue Kessler. He just married the mother of his eight-year-old son, Montana, and finally has the family he’s always dreamed of. Not only that, his father-in-law hired him to be the new construction supervisor on a big condo project. He’s been sober for eighteen months. He’s finally plugged in at ch
Published April 15th 2008 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about The Grand Scheme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grand Scheme

Tammy
Dec 31, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tammy by: Library Readers Choice
This is the 3rd and final book in the "Phantom Hollow" series. When I read the first book, I wasn't sure I would continue the series. It was very predictable but when I finished, I still thought about it. So I decided to read the second. I felt the same way. Predictable but couldn't put it down.

"The Grand Scheme" was my favorite of the three and I am a little sad the series is over because I really enjoyed the characters. The end of the book had some good reminders about why you should forgive
Mae
Aug 28, 2016 Mae rated it really liked it
Intense! A page turner! An awakening! A great tale! This book had me wanting to read through out the night. I didn't want to set it down. It was well written, there were a lot of twist and turns, and though some of it may be predictable, not all of it will be.
Hanzel Harry Fernandez
Jul 26, 2016 Hanzel Harry Fernandez rated it really liked it
I haven't read the previous two in Phantom Hollow series. This one came randomly to me. If you have any grudge or envy against someone, do read this book. Kathy Herman has laid out perfectly, how the gift of forgiveness can do magic in our lives.
Mrs. Mendiola
Aug 21, 2008 Mrs. Mendiola rated it liked it
Fantastic ending to the series. Everything gets wrapped up, although I have to say I could read about this family forever! Kathy Herman has a way of bringing the Lord's grace and convictions of the Holy Spirit w/o being preachy. I absolutely adore everything I've read from her.
Anita Hammond
Jul 14, 2010 Anita Hammond added it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: finished
I really liked this book. Rue and Ivy are quite the pair and though it seems impossible that they could ever get together, 'God does work in mysterious ways'. There was just enough mystery, romance, and family drama in the book to keep me glued to it to finish in one sitting
JoAnn
Oct 25, 2015 JoAnn rated it really liked it
This was a great ending to a great series. I really enjoyed the storyline of this book and how Kathy Herman finished all the characters and storylines. I recommend this ook and series.
Sharon Archer
Envy is a terrible thing and can drive our hard hearts to do terrible things, for which we feel justified...
Melissa
Mar 04, 2008 Melissa rated it really liked it
Good conclusion to the series. Mysterious fires beign set, Ivy's brother returns to town. Exciting mystery and really good analysis about forgiveness.
Doris
Sep 01, 2008 Doris rated it it was amazing
A quick read, but very involving mystery! I like this author. Read the books in order by the series, since all of the characters are developed throughout the series.
Carol
Jan 10, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
book 3 - enjoyed a lot!

Trustworthy messages weaved into the lives of characters you come to have affection for. :) I always enjoy books by Kathy Herman.
Chele
Chele rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Sandy Brooks
Sandy Brooks rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Kasha
Kasha rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Sandra Stringham
Sandra Stringham rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
Ju
Ju rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Linda Adams
Linda Adams rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2013
Lydia
Lydia rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Karen Linton
Karen Linton rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Tracy Wright
Tracy Wright rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2009
Joan
Joan rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2009
Sheila Francis
Sheila Francis rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2009
Kay Defreese
Kay Defreese rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Blakely
Blakely rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Susanne
Susanne rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Road Home
  • Mountain Top
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • Blind Trust (Second Chances, #3)
  • The Whole Truth
  • Undivided Heart (Sister Circle, #3)
  • Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)
  • Get Cozy, Josey! (Josey, #3)
  • Don't Take any Wooden Nickels (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #2)
  • What Lies Within (Family Honor Series #3)
  • My Soul to Keep (Day of Evil, #3)
  • Pursuit Of Justice (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Indelible
  • A Town Called Ruby Prairie (Ruby Prairie, #1)
  • If I Gained the World (Second Chances Collection, #4)
  • Abduction (A Shefford-Johnson Case, #1)
Best-selling suspense novelist Kathy Herman has written twenty novels—including the Secrets or Roux River Bayou Series, Sophie Trace Series, the Seaport Suspense Series, and the Phantom Hollow Series—since retiring from her family’s Christian bookstore business. She and her husband, Paul, have three grown children and live in Tyler, Texas.
More about Kathy Herman...

Phantom Hollow (3 books)
  • Ever Present Danger (Phantom Hollow Series, #1)
  • Never Look Back (Phantom Hollow Series #2)