Start by marking “The Phantom Returns” as Want to Read:
The Phantom Returns

The Phantom Returns

The Phantom Returns is an extraordinary tale that concludes the heart-wrenching journey of The Phantom of the Opera. In a story where no reader expects to find beauty, you will. Monsters shall be discovered where you thought only angels dwelt. But most of all, you will witness the unfurling of a love story that will linger in your mind and heart long after you read the las ...more
Published October 24th 2007 by Jimsam Inc. Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Phantom Returns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phantom Returns

Megan
Jun 15, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best sequel to The Phantom of the Opera that I have read thus far. The writing is absolutely beautiful and heartfelt. Ms. Cole has also written a couple of moving poems that Erik writes for Christine. There are two wonderful things that make this book so great. One, is that this is a sequel to the musical and/or movie. Two, this story is so believable, unlike some of the other Phanfic out there. True, it is a short book of only 200 pages, because Ms. Cole doesn’t fill it with ...more
Stefanie
Jun 21, 2009 Stefanie rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-09
While it was fun to read more about the same characters, this was definitely written by a fan of Gerard Butler from the film version. Poor Raoul is made to look like an idiot and Erik is the hero. Not to mention that she is not a trained writer.
Rachel
Jun 08, 2017 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty expensive fan-fiction

The characters do not feel like they did, at all, in the musical or movie, which is what this book is a sequel to, not the Gaston Lurex novel. Also, throwing in a few catch phrase from them every so often, doesn't redeem the work. The premise is good however, the story is not. It mostly feels as though the author was trying too hard.
Melissa Peterson
Aug 09, 2013 Melissa Peterson rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book as a sequel to the Phantom of the Opera. I felt that the author did an excellent job of transitioning to their lives and what may have happened after the curtain fell. Some reviews stated that the author was "untrained", but I thought the writing was intelligent, romantic, and funny for a first time author. Everyone has to start somewhere! I did picture the actors from the movie when reading this, but Gerard Butler is not to hard to think about, so that did not bother ...more
 Mummy Cat Claire
Mar 12, 2011 Mummy Cat Claire rated it liked it
Shelves: historicals
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. I read the whole thing and felt somewhat disappointed. The author continues the story of all the characters from the original book by Gaston Leroux. In fact, she blends The Phantom of the Opera's story line quite well into her own story and refers back to the original novel on several occasions throughout the book.
If you are a reader who prefers happy endings then you will enjoy this book. However, if you dive into the psychology behind The Phantom of
Bob Ieva
Mar 28, 2015 Bob Ieva rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How The Phantom Returns.

I saw the Phantom of The Opera and was wondering how it was possible the Phantom could return. The author did a fantastic in this tale of a hideous monster that actually had more love in him than anyone could imagine. The author wrote this story of a real romance and had me with all of the emotions of a great love story. Once I started reading I could not put it down.
Bob
Kimberly Vasconez
Beautiful ending

I enjoyed the story and could not put it down. I think the ending was too rushed with too many unanswered questions, but it was a fun ride all the same with an ending many POTO fans wanted to see.
Mary
Mar 21, 2009 Mary rated it liked it
This sequel was very readable. Not too hard to swallow. But not one of the better sequels in my opinion.
Jasmine!x
Jasmine!x rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Valtinen
Valtinen rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
May 30, 2011
Hannah Evans
Hannah Evans rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2017
susanlewington
susanlewington rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Sarah Anne
Sarah Anne rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2014
Leah Goodreau
Leah Goodreau rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2011
Inna
Inna rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Marissa Gallegos
Marissa Gallegos rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2009
Christine Carroll
Christine Carroll rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2008
John Smith
John Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Ashley McConnell
Ashley McConnell rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2009
christine Holmes
christine Holmes rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2017
Rose
Rose rated it did not like it
Jul 04, 2015
Leslie Grady
Leslie Grady rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2010
Lorris Aufill
Lorris Aufill rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016