Start by marking “Dirty Little Misery (Miss Misery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Little Misery (Miss Misery, #2)

Dirty Little Misery (Miss Misery #2)

Lust can be downright lethal.

Thanks to her freakish, satyr-like power, Jessica Moore was denied her dream to join the Gryphons, the magical law-enforcement officers protecting humanity from the pred races. But after the Gryphons tried to arrest her for murders she didn’t commit, Jess is no longer interested. Too bad—they are.

Now that they know what she can do, they want J
Published January 27th 2015 by Samhain Publishing (first published August 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Little Misery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Little Misery

Molly Mortensen
Jessicas not as stupid this time, but she’s meaner. These people are your friends! They helped you! Could you get off your moral high horse and be nice for a change Jess?

Also the author decided to add in sex, which got a bit repetitive after a while. (Also the case she was investigating was sexual in nature.) At least the romance didn’t take over the plot.

The mystery was upped a notch. I didn’t know who’d done it until they told me!
Jennifer (Bad Bird Reads)

At A Glance

Bored in the beginning, exciting at the end.

The Good

I really enjoyed Wicked Misery, the first book to this story, so I jumped at the chance to try out the second. Though it wasn’t was exciting, the overall story arc for the series is getting good.

Jessica is being forced to help the Gryphons, something she waned to do all her life but not anymore. The Gryphons are not as great as she once thought, but she helps them to stay out of jail.
Tracey
Sep 25, 2014 Tracey added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Happy book birthday to my book! Hope everyone enjoys it!
Fangs for the Fantasy
After her rather public exposure last book, Jessica receives an offer from the Gryphons – they want her to work with them as a consultant, using her unique gifts to catch criminals. For which she will be paid a generous salary – and not go to prison. It’s less an offer and more a demand with menaces.

And part of her “unique gifts” involve exploiting her friendship and connections with the satyrs – who are currently prime suspects in a series of grizzly, sex related murders.

The satyrs are not happ
Melanie
Aug 22, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rd-2014, read-in-2014
5*s
Review posted here...
Dirty Little Misery is the second book in the Miss Misery series and just as awesome as book one.
We pick things up pretty much straight away following book one and Jess is dealing with the aftermath of her clash with Victor and the Sylphs. The Gryphons are all in Jess’s business as they try to get answers about why she was at the centre of the war, what her powers are, what she can do and also about her side business… making her ver
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 14, 2014 Jeannie Zelos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dirty Little Misery, Tracey Martin
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews
I’ve had a slew of paranormal romances recently that have been fun, but a bit fantasy lite type reads. Here we’ve got something with a bit more depth, more to get your teeth into, plots that need to be worked out, rather than those which are easy to predict. I’d not read the first book, or the novella but I still found it easy to pick up – I read the samples and some reviews to get a general idea of the story. Its one for my
Stephanie Ward
'Dirty Little Misery' is the phenomenal second book in the Miss Misery series. The book continues to follow main character Jessica "Jess" Moore as she still tries to figure out her powers (or curse, in her mind) along with figuring out who is killing women in her town. The Gryphons threaten to charge Jess with all types of magical crimes if she doesn't agree to help them find the killer - and fast. After figuring out that the women are being given illegal magical drugs that are tainted - and ...more
Eva Millien
Oct 05, 2014 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Blackmailed into working for the Gryphons, Jessica finds herself torn between the humans and the preds. Her first case really tests loyalties because it may involve her lover and as she’s delves into the Satyr’s business she uncovers a scheme more sinister than dirty drugs – one that may tear her and Lucen apart completely in this mesmerizing urban fantasy romance.

This fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers on their toes with suspense, excitement and romance. The author brings the stor
Denise Targaryen
This review can also be found on my blog.

Dirty Little Misery was an amazing sequel to an amazing first book. I am in love with this series, Martin has created an incredibly interesting world and I cannot wait for more books set in it. One thing that I really loved was that Martin did not forget about the larger plot that we got the start of in Wicked Misery while the individual plot for this one played out. She did a great job of balancing both without one feeling like it was overpowering the ot
Stacy
Aug 14, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We start off DIRTY LITTLE MISERY with the Gryphons calling Jess in and blackmailing her into working for them. As you can imagine, not everyone in her life is happy to have her on the inside, and it just so happens that not everyone on the inside has Jess's best interest at heart. I thought that Jess handled the situation and being in the middle of two different worlds pretty well. It definitely isn't easy but she pulls through and everyone is better for it by the end of the book.

There are a lot
Maghon Thomas
Nov 21, 2015 Maghon Thomas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, netgalley
Let me start with saying I did it again, I didn't read book one. I think this may have hurt me a little bit. LOL I need to go back and read it because some of that back story is there. And though I know that, I still really liked this one. Jessica is being blackmailed to help the Gryphons. She use to want but not anymore. She had her expectations with them be let down, and so she helps them stay out of jail. Then she's got a case that involves a lot of sex and the Satyrs, which causes a rift ...more
T.
Aug 21, 2014 T. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-recommend
I picked this book up immediately following Wicked Misery. While it was a good read with a good storyline, I don't feel it had the same intensity as the first book. Since I normally don't pay over $5 for an eBook, I won't continue with the series (for pricing reasons only), as this wasn't as good as the first.
Millie
Mar 31, 2015 Millie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Good series. Interesting characters and well developed plot. I look for to seeing how the series develops. Looking forward to the next book.
Steen Eugen
Steen Eugen rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2014
julia ametrano
julia ametrano rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Gmc
Gmc rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2015
Lindsey  LaPlant
Lindsey LaPlant rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Amy Louise
Amy Louise rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Sarahlouro
Sarahlouro rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Joyousmoi
Joyousmoi rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Deathofrats
Deathofrats rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Kell Andrews
Kell Andrews rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Rebecca Bonar
Rebecca Bonar rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Rachel Montalvo
Rachel Montalvo rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2014
Courtney Alston
Courtney Alston rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Witchy
Witchy rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
David Hoyt
David Hoyt rated it liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Bill
Bill rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Lost Soul (Dark World, #2)
  • Death's Daughter (Realm Walker, #2)
  • Not Quite Dead (NightHunter, #1)
  • Mine to Claim
  • A Darker Past (The Darker Agency, #2)
  • Redemption (Soul, #1)
  • Black Ice (Midgard, #2)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Key, #1)
  • Vengeance Borne (Sentry of Evil, #1)
  • Sin
  • Red (Transplanted Tales, #1)
  • Win the Rings (The Cracked Chronicles #1)
  • Legally Undead (Vampirarchy, #1)
  • Nights Embrace (Others of Seattle, #1)
  • Any Port in a Storm (Ayala Storme #2)
  • Burning (Demon Legacy #0.5)
  • Hidden Trump (Bite Back, #2)
  • Spell Slinger (Skeleton Key)

Miss Misery (5 books)
  • Wicked Misery (Miss Misery, #1)
  • Misery Loves Company (Miss Misery, #3)
  • Darkest Misery (Miss Misery, #4)
  • Misery Happens (Miss Misery, #5)