The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #10)

The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors: Chronological order #8)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  8,383 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Published June 1st 2002 by Silhouette (first published 1998)

Vision in White by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
58th out of 185 books — 892 voters
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Notebook by Nicholas SparksMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
251st out of 2,441 books — 5,552 voters

More lists with this book...

Maggie
Oct 16, 2012 Maggie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maggie by: Flannery
On Sunday, The Readventurer challenged us to read a book (or three) as part of their She Made Me Do It feature. Now, you know how I feel about a challenge. If you don't, here's a video that sums it up:
description
Basically, it's on like Donkey Kong. So yup, by later Sunday, I was done with one of the books of the CHALLENGE. Flannery picked a Nora Roberts book for me because whenever she would talk about Nora Roberts as one of her favorite romance authors, my reaction, never having read one of her books, w...more
Dawn Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a spicy love story
Once again, the head of the MacGregor clan is at it again, this time with his grandsons. As hilarious as the granddaughter one, this too is a good, funny, easy read. Makes you believe in true love after all. :)

RE-READ July 19th, 2008..New review below:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO behind for this month. I have had my mother here for 3 weeks and the book I am reading is just a LOT slower than the first two in the series. I read this Nora Roberts book just to get another book in. I needed some fluff in the mid...more
t.A
This book really surprised me!

Now, I am not unfamiliar with Nora Roberts books. She's something of a hit or miss author for me. I believe all her books are pretty well written but some are clearly just for fans of romance and some seem like they could reach other readers, too. Normally I don't like the "just romance" books.

This was an exception.

Although I did feel a bit cheesy reading it. Not that it was really trashy or anything. Perhaps a little overly sweet. There were parts that made me roll...more
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath...more
Cyndy Aleo
New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts is probably best known for her series books. Usually written in trilogies, Roberts has created one large, sprawling family headed by Daniel MacGregor (known as "The MacGregor") who not only has a story of his own, but also plays matchmaker for his children and grandchildren. The MacGregor Grooms tells the story of three such matches that The MacGregor makes for three of his grandsons.

::: Three Stubborn Men Fall in Love :::

The MacGregor Grooms is bro...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cinta Daniel Macgregor kepada keluarganya sangat besar. Dan setelah cucu2nya dewasa, keinginannya yang paling utama adalah melihat mereka semua menikah dan memiliki anak2 disekeliling kaki mereka, termasuk 3 cucu laki2 favoritenya (bukankah dia selalu mengatakan kepada setiap cucunya, mereka adalah cucu favoritenya hah!)
Dalam buku ini, Daniel dengan cerdik menjodohkan 3 cucu laki2nya, DC putra tertua Alan dan Shelby, Duncan putra kedua Serena dan Justin, dan Ian putra bungsu Caine dan Diana.
Dala...more
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Sono responsabile dei miei cari e della loro felicità; se chiudessi gli occhi davanti ai miei impegni non mi chiamerei più Daniel MacGregor."

La vecchia volpe MacGregor colpisce ancora! XD Probabilmente se fossi uno dei suoi nipoti o dei suoi figli l'avrei già soffocato con il cuscino nottetempo ma da osservatrice esterna quale sono trovo alquanto spassose le sue macchinazioni oltre che incredibilmente intuitive visto che si concludono sempre in un sicuro successo! XD Il primo obiettivo è il suo...more
Duncan Mandel
It worked with his granddaughters. Now Daniel MacGregor, powerful patriarch of the MacGregor clan, wants to see his three handsome, eligible—but stubbornly single—grandsons married. So he's found just the women to tempt, tease and torture D.C., Duncan and Ian all the way to the altar. And you can bet Daniel will be sitting by with his feet up, a glass of whiskey in hand, smugly watching his plans unfold.…
Brenda Ramirez
well the first book was of D.C aka daniel campbell Mcgregor son of alan and shelby. D.C is a arist and his soon to be wife manage the drake family industry. They both r set up in a date by D.C grandfather daniel and her godmother Myra. Both there relatives r working together to set them up togther. daniel tells his grandson he has no intention to set him up with her because she's too wrong for him. he of course believes him n starts falling in love with her. she is told by her godmother tat dani...more
Stephanie
This is a great novel. I laughed, I cried, and I giggled some more. Reading this novel made me wish my family was the MacGregors. I long to meet my own Ian, and that was definitely my favourite story out of the three in this book. I'm glad his was the last to read (despite the fact that it made me stay up an hour later than I should have so I could finish the story). If you want a great romantic read, this is def on the top of my suggestion list :D
Shirl
Three stories of 3 MacGregor grandsons all who are of marriageable age. The MacGregor finds each the ideal girl, sets the stage and watches what happens. Fun.
Julia
I wish Nora Roberts' had made the MacGregor Grooms and MacGregor Brides into 3 books, with two people per book. Because there's just not enough space the way it was done.
It's nice to read these books from the guy's point of view, because it makes it easier to believe that a guy is the more romantic one, that not all guys are afraid of commitment and whatnot.
I thought the third part, Ian and Naomi's, was my favourite by the 4th page in. But then it got a little to close to home, and it became so...more
Jenny Delandro
I would love to a MacGregor grandfather in my family

Someone who looked out for his family and locked everyone in to his life with love

My grandfather was long gone before I was born and my husband's father is a cranky old man who tries to see how far he can push someone before they crash and burst into tears.

I have never burst into tears .. I give as good as I get... I get more respect from him then other members of the clan.....

I still want a family surrounded by love from the oldest family memb...more
Venus
tiga cerita dalam satu buku... huft... mana yang paling aku suka, yang terakhir. ian dan naomi, buku I love book so much. tapi tentu saja, tokohnya kalau ga lakinya ato perempuannya merasa harus bersikap kesatria dengan melepaskan pasangannya dulu baru mereka bersatu. kenapa gitu loo nga ada yang menerima dengan iklas bahwa mereka harus bersama dan di takdirkan bersama. harus ya biar ada konfliknya. emm..ya sudahlah toh nyatanya saya baca lagi nih buku heehee... lumayan... tapi tetap tidak masuk...more
Mudpie
love the old coot Daniel Macgregor!
Annette Thompson
This was a delightful, easy, beach-read for my vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. However, it's not a predictable, formulaic romance. "The MacGregor Grooms" is 3 separate stories of how a loving/meddling grandfather helps marry off 3 of his grandsons to 3 very different lovely, independent women. The romance is steamy but not smutty. Even though this MacGregor series by Nora Roberts is quite old, I'm now motivated to go back and read the rest of the books in the series!
Sonide
I ead this book because it was recommended by a close friend of mine. I loved it! I fell in love with the close family bond throughout the whole story. MacGregor, a meddling grandfather, but loving, and means well, goes on a hunt to find his "now ready for marriage" grandsons beautiful brides to keep his strong family line growing; While trying to keep it a secret from everyone because if they knew it would his head :). Three Beautiful love stories that one could relate to.
Pamela
This book is one of a number of books involving members of the same family. This one tells short stories of three of the men of the MacGregor clan. The stories detail how their grandfather sets their perfect love match in the way so they meet, fall in love, and eventually marry. There is a tiny bit of conflict (of course) but it is short-lived. They each are nice, little love stories but a tad mellow with no mishaps or mystery involved. Simple Romances.
Eirene
This was my first foray into any Nora Roberts books. This particular book is really three vignettes in one. The first did little to impress me. The second I enjoyed a mite more. However, the third was my favorite and the primary reason for my rating of 'liked it.'

I cannot complain about the writing, though some of the adjectives used did make me smile and laugh at times. Truly, this was a good vacation, enjoyment sort of read.
Oh, Daniel, Daniel, Daniel. You're up to it again, and we love it.
I, of course, can't choose a favorite. I'ts impossible for me to do so.
Though, I really do love D.C. He's big, like Daniel, and it scares him, but he's not terrified like Evan, in Diana Palmer's Long Tall Texans series. I love it.
I like the idea of a man lifting me and throwing me over his shoulder because he's so frustrated. Hey, it's a feeling, right?
Aspen
The MacGregor clan has forever left their mark on my heart! and my book shelves! Nora Roberts is the best at what she does and it's clear to see why! Her characters don't feel like they're fictional when you're reading about them. I'll always remember her stories. Sometimes I'll even randomly remember parts of them and laugh or blush all over again! I could read Nora Roberts over and over again! and I will!!
This has to be my favorite book series of all time (so far). Nora Roberts out did herself with this series. You start off with one generation and leads you into the next. This is an eleven story series(not eleven books). By the end of the series you are sad that it has to end. Your heart is so attached to the characters that you just don't want it to end. You would not regret reading this series.
H.S. Contino
The matchmaking MacGregor is at it again...

"he'll stop at nothing to get what he wants... his three handsome, elgible-- but stubbornely single-- grandsons married. So he's found just the women to tempt, tease and torture cousins D.C., Duncan, and Ian all the way to the altar..."

You'll fall in love with the characters-- and laugh your butt off at the MacGregor family interactions. ;)
Stephanie Rodriguez
Nora Roberts has a way with words. She never disappoints with her novels and this one was very good. Not a lot of detail for the three couples that feel in love but enough to fantasize about love. I recommend this books to people who have little time in their daily lives to read this book. Three different stories in one book; able to read one a day. Won't be a waste of time.
Lauren
Aug 23, 2008 Lauren rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Nora Roberts
There are actually three seperate stories. It is about 3 male cousins who are single,sucessful and handsome. Their grandfather finds the perfect match for each of them and "helps" them realize that they could not live without each other. Extremely predictable? Yes, but still fun to read when your in the mood for a romatic story to put a smile on your face.
Anna
Apparently today is abandon-the-crappy-book-you-are-reading-day but hopefully given the genre, people will not blame me for giving up on this book. This was my first (and last) Nora Roberts read. It was incredibly boring. No character development. Lame dialogue. Lame descriptions of sex scenes. Lame problems. Just really lame. Would not recommend this author.
Susan Wilson
Sep 09, 2010 Susan Wilson is currently reading it
Nora Roberts is just a sterling writer; her talent is so prolific it's astounding. She weaves family histories through generations that draw you in and leave you wanting more! Romance novels are not a major category of reading for me, but I make an exception for Nora Roberts' prose when you just need a juicy break from more mind-bending topics!
Dora-lee
Having read the whole MacGregor series I could not stay away when the grandsons were in Danielle
s sights to be wed lol. Each one so handsome and charming easy to fall in love over and over again . Sit back and enjoy the Emotional ride with these confirmed bachelors while they fight fate . Wonderful reading I highly recommend
Shannon
I agree with the others that think that there should only be two stories in this book. I didn't really care for the first story and thought about not reading the other two but now I'm glad I did. I think the second one was my favorite but I wish there was more to the stories, all of them. Overall I liked the book
Juliana
I debated between 2.5 and 3 stars --- I liked two of the stories and the last one really had potential, but in my opinion there is just NO WAY that you can present two characters, have them meet and get to know one another, and watch them believably fall in love in only ~100 pages!! At least, that's my take.
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • The Manning Brides (Those Manning Men, #1-2)
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • Callaghan's Bride (Long, Tall Texans, #20)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Midnight Jewels
  • Outlaw (Silhouette Desire, #624)
  • Taken by Sin (Demon Hunters, #4)
  • The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...