Start by marking “The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)” as Want to Read:
The MacGregor Grooms (MacGregors, #8)

The MacGregor Grooms (The MacGregors #8)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  9,163 ratings  ·  162 reviews
Published June 1st 2002 by Silhouette (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The MacGregor Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MacGregor Grooms

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
57th out of 200 books — 1,007 voters
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Notebook by Nicholas SparksMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
248th out of 2,758 books — 6,035 voters

More lists with this book...

Maggie
Oct 16, 2012 Maggie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maggie by: Flannery
On Sunday, The Readventurer challenged us to read a book (or three) as part of their She Made Me Do It feature. Now, you know how I feel about a challenge. If you don't, here's a video that sums it up:
description
Basically, it's on like Donkey Kong. So yup, by later Sunday, I was done with one of the books of the CHALLENGE. Flannery picked a Nora Roberts book for me because whenever she would talk about Nora Roberts as one of her favorite romance authors, my reaction, never having read one of her books,
Dawn Michelle
Jul 21, 2008 Dawn Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a spicy love story
Once again, the head of the MacGregor clan is at it again, this time with his grandsons. As hilarious as the granddaughter one, this too is a good, funny, easy read. Makes you believe in true love after all. :)

RE-READ July 19th, 2008..New review below:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO behind for this month. I have had my mother here for 3 weeks and the book I am reading is just a LOT slower than the first two in the series. I read this Nora Roberts book just to get another book in. I needed some fluff in the mid
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Pooja
This was my second visit with the MacGregor clan after just finishing NR's MacGregor Brides and I've got to say spending time reading about how Daniel MacGregor meddles in the lives of three more of his grandchildren (D.C., Duncan, and Ian) was more fun this time around.

Like MacGregor Brides, we get three stories in one of three MacGregor males this time, however the stories were not written chocolate box style with great focus on the holidays in this book. This is probably the reason I liked t
Cheesecake
BORING!!!!
Liked the male leads but the women were dull as dishwater. Not sure what the heck was wrong with the first two female leads but they were just plain stupid and unbelievable. They had absolutely no sense of humour and no true reason that I could discern for walking around with a stick up their ass.
The last story with Ian was the best of the three. But even so, it did not make up for the other two. Wish it had been the first story before I lost my patience.
-A
Let me be clear and straight-forward here. I hated this book. I hated it so much that I didn't make it even to page 100 and I tried really hard. I did. (I love books and I believe that you should give them a chance but I'm not a masochist.)

1. It was not imaginative. It was borderline offensive.
--So the grandpa decides to meddle in his grandson's lovelife and his main argument is that he needs to get married and settle down. Such a banal and stupid argument. Really? If there was some other motiva
Anna
Apparently today is abandon-the-crappy-book-you-are-reading-day but hopefully given the genre, people will not blame me for giving up on this book. This was my first (and last) Nora Roberts read. It was incredibly boring. No character development. Lame dialogue. Lame descriptions of sex scenes. Lame problems. Just really lame. Would not recommend this author.
Juliana
I debated between 2.5 and 3 stars --- I liked two of the stories and the last one really had potential, but in my opinion there is just NO WAY that you can present two characters, have them meet and get to know one another, and watch them believably fall in love in only ~100 pages!! At least, that's my take.
Cyndy Aleo
New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts is probably best known for her series books. Usually written in trilogies, Roberts has created one large, sprawling family headed by Daniel MacGregor (known as "The MacGregor") who not only has a story of his own, but also plays matchmaker for his children and grandchildren. The MacGregor Grooms tells the story of three such matches that The MacGregor makes for three of his grandsons.

::: Three Stubborn Men Fall in Love :::

The MacGregor Grooms is bro
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Cinta Daniel Macgregor kepada keluarganya sangat besar. Dan setelah cucu2nya dewasa, keinginannya yang paling utama adalah melihat mereka semua menikah dan memiliki anak2 disekeliling kaki mereka, termasuk 3 cucu laki2 favoritenya (bukankah dia selalu mengatakan kepada setiap cucunya, mereka adalah cucu favoritenya hah!)
Dalam buku ini, Daniel dengan cerdik menjodohkan 3 cucu laki2nya, DC putra tertua Alan dan Shelby, Duncan putra kedua Serena dan Justin, dan Ian putra bungsu Caine dan Diana.
Dala
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Sono responsabile dei miei cari e della loro felicità; se chiudessi gli occhi davanti ai miei impegni non mi chiamerei più Daniel MacGregor."

La vecchia volpe MacGregor colpisce ancora! XD Probabilmente se fossi uno dei suoi nipoti o dei suoi figli l'avrei già soffocato con il cuscino nottetempo ma da osservatrice esterna quale sono trovo alquanto spassose le sue macchinazioni oltre che incredibilmente intuitive visto che si concludono sempre in un sicuro successo! XD Il primo obiettivo è il suo
Duncan Mandel
It worked with his granddaughters. Now Daniel MacGregor, powerful patriarch of the MacGregor clan, wants to see his three handsome, eligible—but stubbornly single—grandsons married. So he's found just the women to tempt, tease and torture D.C., Duncan and Ian all the way to the altar. And you can bet Daniel will be sitting by with his feet up, a glass of whiskey in hand, smugly watching his plans unfold.…
Brenda Ramirez
well the first book was of D.C aka daniel campbell Mcgregor son of alan and shelby. D.C is a arist and his soon to be wife manage the drake family industry. They both r set up in a date by D.C grandfather daniel and her godmother Myra. Both there relatives r working together to set them up togther. daniel tells his grandson he has no intention to set him up with her because she's too wrong for him. he of course believes him n starts falling in love with her. she is told by her godmother tat dani ...more
Aerien
Még sose olvastam Nora Roberts könyvet. De nem bántam meg. :) Mondjuk egy sorozat közepébe léptem bele, de nekem így is nagyon tetszett.
Kedvencem nekem is a nagy MacGregor lett. Nagyon agyafúrtan szervezkedett, és végül mindig igaza lett.
Kíváncsi vagyok a többi részre.
Stephanie
This is a great novel. I laughed, I cried, and I giggled some more. Reading this novel made me wish my family was the MacGregors. I long to meet my own Ian, and that was definitely my favourite story out of the three in this book. I'm glad his was the last to read (despite the fact that it made me stay up an hour later than I should have so I could finish the story). If you want a great romantic read, this is def on the top of my suggestion list :D
Amanda Kern
Great classic

I read this once when I was in high school. I was drawn to it again. And again I enjoyed it. I only gave it 4 stars because I did not really like the middle story. The ending story made me cry a little though.
Kris
2 STARS

I did not care for this series. I felt that there was more romance than story which did not interest me. I did finish the series to see if it gets any better and also felt obligated to finish series at that time in my life.
Shirl
Three stories of 3 MacGregor grandsons all who are of marriageable age. The MacGregor finds each the ideal girl, sets the stage and watches what happens. Fun.
Ririn
sebenarnya mau tak kasih 5 bintang tapi ceritanya D.C kurang menarik jd mengurangi nilai bintang-nya
Julia
I wish Nora Roberts' had made the MacGregor Grooms and MacGregor Brides into 3 books, with two people per book. Because there's just not enough space the way it was done.
It's nice to read these books from the guy's point of view, because it makes it easier to believe that a guy is the more romantic one, that not all guys are afraid of commitment and whatnot.
I thought the third part, Ian and Naomi's, was my favourite by the 4th page in. But then it got a little to close to home, and it became so
Ellen
I started to enjoy it but it was not really a story that I could not get into.
Jenny Delandro
I would love to a MacGregor grandfather in my family

Someone who looked out for his family and locked everyone in to his life with love

My grandfather was long gone before I was born and my husband's father is a cranky old man who tries to see how far he can push someone before they crash and burst into tears.

I have never burst into tears .. I give as good as I get... I get more respect from him then other members of the clan.....

I still want a family surrounded by love from the oldest family memb
Venus
tiga cerita dalam satu buku... huft... mana yang paling aku suka, yang terakhir. ian dan naomi, buku I love book so much. tapi tentu saja, tokohnya kalau ga lakinya ato perempuannya merasa harus bersikap kesatria dengan melepaskan pasangannya dulu baru mereka bersatu. kenapa gitu loo nga ada yang menerima dengan iklas bahwa mereka harus bersama dan di takdirkan bersama. harus ya biar ada konfliknya. emm..ya sudahlah toh nyatanya saya baca lagi nih buku heehee... lumayan... tapi tetap tidak masuk ...more
Mudpie
love the old coot Daniel Macgregor!
Evelyn
"Strong Blod, good stock" :) love all the stories
Annette Thompson
This was a delightful, easy, beach-read for my vacation in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. However, it's not a predictable, formulaic romance. "The MacGregor Grooms" is 3 separate stories of how a loving/meddling grandfather helps marry off 3 of his grandsons to 3 very different lovely, independent women. The romance is steamy but not smutty. Even though this MacGregor series by Nora Roberts is quite old, I'm now motivated to go back and read the rest of the books in the series!
Sonide
I ead this book because it was recommended by a close friend of mine. I loved it! I fell in love with the close family bond throughout the whole story. MacGregor, a meddling grandfather, but loving, and means well, goes on a hunt to find his "now ready for marriage" grandsons beautiful brides to keep his strong family line growing; While trying to keep it a secret from everyone because if they knew it would his head :). Three Beautiful love stories that one could relate to.
Pamela
This book is one of a number of books involving members of the same family. This one tells short stories of three of the men of the MacGregor clan. The stories detail how their grandfather sets their perfect love match in the way so they meet, fall in love, and eventually marry. There is a tiny bit of conflict (of course) but it is short-lived. They each are nice, little love stories but a tad mellow with no mishaps or mystery involved. Simple Romances.
Eirene
This was my first foray into any Nora Roberts books. This particular book is really three vignettes in one. The first did little to impress me. The second I enjoyed a mite more. However, the third was my favorite and the primary reason for my rating of 'liked it.'

I cannot complain about the writing, though some of the adjectives used did make me smile and laugh at times. Truly, this was a good vacation, enjoyment sort of read.
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Velvet, Leather & Lace: A Man's Gotta Do/Calling the Shots/Baring It All
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Visions in Death (In Death, #19)
  • Frontier Courtship
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Man of Ice
  • The Manning Sisters (Manning Sisters, #1-2)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • A Woman Without Lies
  • The Captive (Harlequin Blaze, #534)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

The MacGregors (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Rebellion (The MacGregors, #0.1)
  • In From The Cold
  • Playing The Odds (The MacGregors, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (The MacGregors, #2)
  • All The Possibilities (The MacGregors, #3)
  • One Man's Art (The MacGregors, #4)
  • For Now, Forever (The MacGregors, #5)
  • The MacGregor Brides (MacGregors, #6)
  • The Winning Hand (The MacGregors, #7)
  • The Perfect Neighbor (The MacGregors, #9)