Start by marking “Town & Country Social Graces: Words of Wisdom on Civility in a Changing Society” as Want to Read:
Town & Country Social Graces: Words of Wisdom on Civility in a Changing Society

Town & Country Social Graces: Words of Wisdom on Civility in a Changing Society

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  3 reviews
For more than 150 years, Town & Country has stood for quality and refinement. So who better to offer sound guidance on leading a civilized life in a world of eroding social graces? Here, 50 of the keenest and wittiest observers of our changing culture put forward their incisive—and thoroughly modern—views on sidestepping today’s most prevalent, perilous social landmine ...more
Published May 1st 2002 by Hearst

To ask other readers questions about Town & Country Social Graces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Town & Country Social Graces

Sarah Politis
I've had this book for quite a few years, and I often pick it up just for a quick read of one of the very well written essays featured in this collection.
The writing is wonderful, but it should be noted that this is a collection of short anecdotal essays for people of a "certain" class of people. Namely, there's a piece entitled "Jettiquite" in which the author suggests proper behavior while aboard someone's private jet.
So, while I can't entirely relate to a few stories, there are also some in
Anne
great book about occurrences in our daily life. short anecdotes tell you about the nerve racking neighbor or straining visits at your mother in law's...
the essays are well written, entertaining and simply true...stories you can definitely identify with
E.
Oct 05, 2009 E. is currently reading it
I started this years ago but never finished, and lately feel I've bought too much into the "showdown culture" and am due for a refresher. The subtitle for the collection of essays is Words of Wisdom on Civility in a Changing Society.
Abdellah Dani
Abdellah Dani marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Tempo Huang
Tempo Huang marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Heidi Ward
Heidi Ward marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Prissy
Prissy marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Rachel Fontenot
Rachel Fontenot marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Tomeka
Tomeka added it
Aug 17, 2013
Shalyn
Shalyn added it
Jul 12, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Audry
Audry is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2013
LaurenJBT5
LaurenJBT5 marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2012
Town & Country Social Graces: Words of Wisdom on Civility in a Changing Society Town & Country Social Graces