Start by marking “Girl 99” as Want to Read:
Girl 99

Girl 99

Of the six billion humans on our planet, how likely is it that your One works in your office, drinks in your local, or even lives in your continent? A better question would be, is there a One? I hope with all of my being that there isn’t. I mean, how could you ever rest, ever be happy, knowing that somewhere, in some house, high-rise, hovel, hut or igloo, your One, your ...more
Published January 30th 2014 by CreateSpace (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Girl 99, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl 99

loveandstolenkisses
It was actually quite nice to read a story about a guy written of a guy.

To give you an idea of what the story is like think chick lit from a male perspective. Its funny, and though there is romance in the story, its more about self discovery than to fuck your ways through 100 girls to find the one.

I like Fisher. Even when he was a jerk to some of the girls, I could see things from his perspective, and was cheering him on his way to reach his goal. Every time a bit more wiser than before.

And I
Emma L Smith
Aug 26, 2013 Emma L Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So the title is misleading as while girl 99 may be the denouement, it's by no means the purpose of the book. Also, it's not really a romance as it was pegged.

That being said, on it's own merits, it's a great book. Hilariously funny with well drawn and constructed characters. The final two chapters were slightly disappointing and didn't quite wrap up all the loose ends as well as I would have liked. With a different title, branding under good old fiction and more detail in the closing chapters,
Cassie
Sep 26, 2013 Cassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013, kindle
LOVED this book.

Can't wait to read more by this author.
Nihan
Aug 02, 2015 Nihan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.7
Rea
Jan 03, 2015 Rea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eigene Meinung

Fisher ist in der Werbung tätig. Als er sich nach Weihnachten mit einer Arbeitskollegin ein Taxi teilt kommt es zu einem Kuss den er seiner derzeitigen Freundin Kate gesteht. Diese hat nichts besseres zu tun als sich zu rächen in dem sie ihrerseits einem Kollegen einen bläst, und sich dann von Fisher trennt. Als dieser seinem langjährigen Freund El von alledem erzählt will dieser eine Wette schließen. Fisher soll bis zu einem gewissen Stichtag die 100 Frauen voll bekommen. Immerhi
Natalie
I enjoyed this book but it wasn't absolutely outstanding. I liked the characters, I laughed a lot but something bothered me.

(view spoiler)
Angel Lawson
Jul 20, 2013 Angel Lawson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I randomly found this book on the amazon freebie list when one of my books was also up and I was looking at the top 100. I checked the sample (a must) and liked the style and grabbed it.

I'm not very good at summarizing books (go read the summary if you want a summary) so I'll just say how I feel.

1. I loved that this was a male POV and written by a dude. You can tell.

2. Even though Fisher is a manwhore the set up is pretty believable and you find yourself rooting for him to meet his goal yet no
Tim Hall
Oct 29, 2012 Tim Hall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! The lead character had a good mix of funny, sad, frustrating and endearing qualities. Some scenes resulted in full on belly laughs, while others were of a more reflective nature.

The writing style was really comfortable to read and it was paced well, making me a little annoyed when I had to put it down. :)

I'm looking forward to reading the next book from this author.
Amy
Aug 11, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Loved the characters. Everyone was well developed and good people despite their flaws. The use of London as a backdrop and description of it was also well done. The storyline could have been trite and full of chiseled people having overly described sex, but it wasn't. It was raw, real and not over the top.

Read this, it's great.
Becky
Aug 05, 2013 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a refreshing change to read from a male prospective. The story line was good, great characters and you could imagine each one of them in your mind from the descriptions.
Great book to pick up and read any time
Lyndaa
Dec 16, 2013 Lyndaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable, not unromantic story of a man who takes on a challenge from his terminally ill best friend to sleep with 100 women. Yes, at times he comes across as shallow, but most of the women he sleeps with are too. Entertaining, sometimes funny and sometimes sad. A good read.
Denni
Mar 11, 2015 Denni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adore this book, funny, clever & laugh out loud moments, I was absolutely in love with these characters particularly El, I love the mans perspective in a romance well done, this did not disappoint! Well done Andy, 5 stars :)
Jae Park
Oct 17, 2014 Jae Park rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilariously entertaining! Easy light-hearted humor... I admit to laughing out loud at Fisher's antics. In addition to the funny bits, there were other true human emotions to be found in this book. A great read and one that I didn't think I'd like nearly as much as I did.
Janet
May 04, 2013 Janet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mixed feelings about this book . Parts of it were very entertaining with some very likeable and amusing characters . But other parts very very dull and added nothing to the story ... Just ok
Dena
Oct 07, 2013 Dena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a little drawn out with his work and his contracts. I get his friends and collegues and what makes up a person. It just took so long to get there.
Lilli
Lilli rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Vickie Young
Vickie Young rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2013
MM_enjoys_reading
MM_enjoys_reading rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Patricia Hargraves
Patricia Hargraves rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2014
Lara Doheny
Lara Doheny rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
tana
tana rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Kristen Hall
Kristen Hall rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Pauline C
Pauline C rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2015
Chelsa
Chelsa rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Kellie
Kellie rated it did not like it
Jan 15, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Nancy's Theory of Style
  • Get Clean
  • Operation Date Escape
  • Haunted Honeymoon (Casa Dracula, #4)
  • Dark Village: Zurück von den Toten  (3venner, #4)
  • Boy Meets Girl, The End
  • Indian Maidens Bust Loose
  • Hero or Zero
  • Gulliver Takes Manhattan
  • Please Tell Me I'm On Mute
  • Too Hot to Hold (Middle-Aged Hottie, #2)
  • Jimmy Jazz
  • Good Girls
  • Salty Aftertaste
  • Friend Request
  • The Comeback Kiss
  • Max
  • Der Venuspakt (Licht & Schatten, #1)
Andy Jones lives in London with his wife and two little girls. During the day he works in an advertising agency; at weekends and horribly early in the mornings, he writes fiction.
More about Andy Jones...