Terminator Omnibus Volume 1

Terminator Omnibus Volume 1 (The Terminator Omnibus #1)

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  7 reviews
They came from another time to ensure that the future would belong solely to the machines. They are Terminatorsindestructible killing engines hiding inside shells of flesh and blood. Tireless, fearless, merciless, unencumbered by human emotion, dedicated to the complete eradication of mankind. But despite the frailty of human flesh, nothing is as immortal as the human spir...more
Published March 4th 2008 by Dark Horse Books (first published February 27th 2008)

Kathryn
I am a fan of the Terminator movies but it seems not so much of the comic run. I liked the art of the second story and that's about it. The panels were generic. If someone was naked (this is the Terminator universe afterall, what with the timetravel running amok), then the muscles were exagerrated way too much. All undercover Terminator agents stuck out like sore thumbs instead of blending in since they appear as massively muscled body builders, even the females. That makes sense, right?

Dudley (...more
Stephen Theaker
This book came out at just the right time - I finally watched T3 last year, and found out it wasn't half as bad as I'd feared, and then this year watched and adored the Terminator tv series, which finished all too soon as a result of the writers' strike. Luckily this collection of Terminator comics from the early nineties is available to step into the breach. The weird thing is, almost everything that's in the tv series turns up in here too, from human hit squads going after Cyberdyne people to...more
Robert Morganbesser
While Dark Horse went on to do some great Star Wars Stories, the Terminator started out good and went down hill from there. Some of the stories ignore established continuity (I don't believe there were more than one time displacement unit), others are either poorly drawn or written. The first arc is the best. DH's Predator series was better.
Aravind Sesagiri Raamkumar
Dark horse comics is literally the dark horse. The quality is quite good for a publication which extends popular sci-fi movies to the comics world. I didn't expect this volume to be as good as it was while reading. The writing in all the chapters is filled with suspense, action and a non-linear narration going back to past and future. The dread associated to the terminators is there in each page and it was a fun read.
J.
Entertaining stories set in the Terminator universe. None of them stand out significantly, but they are certainly entertaining, and after finishing them, I wanted to read more of them.
Tyson Adams
I think this comic collection can best be described by the word MEH.
Mitchell Hattaway
Mitchell Hattaway marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Ibrahim Rodríguez marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Diana
Diana added it
Jan 05, 2014
Paul Porry
Paul Porry marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Ahmar
Ahmar added it
Nov 30, 2013
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
James
James marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jerry Prosser is an American comic book writer and editor, best known for his work with Dark Horse Comics where he helped create the Comics' Greatest World line and worked on licenced properties such as Aliens and Predator.
More about Jerry Prosser...
Aliens: Hive The Crow: Wild Justice Aliens: Harvest The Crow Midnight Legends Volume 3: Wild Justice Predator: Invaders From the Fourth Dimension