Start by marking “Highland Knight” as Want to Read:
Highland Knight

Highland Knight

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  771 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Bestselling mystery novelist Amelia Landry journeys to the Scottish Highlands to stay in a remote 14th-century tower, hoping to re-awaken her imagination. She finds the inspiration she seeks in the ghostly form of Laird Ethan Munro, who has spent six centuries trying to discover why he is neither alive nor dead.

Ethan senses that Amelia may be the one he has been waiting f
Published June 3rd 2008 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Highland Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Knight

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
155th out of 456 books — 1,556 voters
Spirit of the Knight by Debbie  PetersonVan Locken's Witch by Debbie  PetersonSpirit of the Revolution by Debbie  PetersonShadow Of The Witte Wieven by Debbie  PetersonSpirit of the Rebellion by Debbie  Peterson
Clean paranormal romance
32nd out of 92 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Kari
A very sweet romance between a modern day girl, Amelia Landry, and a cursed highland laird, Ethan Munro.

Amelia meets Ethan in a haunted tower in Scotland, where he has been residing with 5 other highlanders since the 14th century. Ethan and his clan buddies were cursed during a battle and are now living a ghostly existence caught between two worlds, not alive but not dead either. They can be seen and heard, but they only have substance one hour a day during dusk, and they cannot leave Munro lan
Julie (jjmachshev)
I read Cindy Miles first two books "Into Thin Air" and "Spirited Away" and enjoyed them both. I was looking forward to "Highland Knight" and was definately not disappointed. Her books are about ghosts...ghosts looking for a way to no longer be ghosts. Her heroines are kickbutt! No wimpy whiners here and I like that. There's also a ton of humor in these books, and romance plus well-done humor is always a winner for me.

Amelia is an author who has hit a block. She also enjoys the spooky side of lif
Matilda
Jun 29, 2015 Matilda marked it as to-read
I NEED TO READ THIS! I DIDN'T THINK SHE HAD WRITTEN ABOUT THIS! Oh, ever since I read Forevermore I've wanted this!
Susan
Unfortunately, the summary sounded more interesting than the actual story. Got to about the 100 page mark and it just didn't hold my interest. Situations were interesting enough, but the telling was just...blah...
Jessica
I couldn't finish this one:( I really enjoyed the first book I read by this author, Into Thin Air, but this one was so just darn repetitive. I wanted to love it, I really did...but I just couldn't.
Pamela(AllHoney)
A cute, charming and funny read. I will have to go hunt up some more by this author.
Jenn
Second time I read this book and I love it even more this time around
Spywolf
Amelia is an author who was having trouble writing a book. She stayed in her apartment, eating spray cheese and staring at a computer screen. Then her best friend, organises her a holiday to Scotland and stay at a haunted castle. It just so happens to be the home of a group of cursed highlanders. Amelia falls for the highlander's leader Ethan.

Such a sweet book and mysterious and creepy. Also quiet hilarious when the cursed men discover modern technology. I reccomed this book to anyone that loves
Victoria
I was really looking forward to this book after finally getting to it on my reading list, and even though it fell a little flat for me, I liked it. I even plan to read more books by this author.
The reason it fell flat for me was the heroine. I could never imagine disliking a romance heroine and continuing on with the story, but I did it. Amelia was...annoying at first. She did grow on me a bit though, but overall I found her to be too squeaky. The story itself was fun and bubbly - a nice easy a
Natasja
Amelia Landry is a writer, but after the break-up with her boyfriend, she lost her inspiration and it seems she isn’t able to get it back. But Amelia’s best friend helps her out and gives her ticket to Scotland, where Amelia will be staying at the 14th century Munro Keep, hoping it will give her back the inspiration to finish a book in time.

Strange things happens at the Munro Keep and Amelia is about to find out what exactly. She meets this sexy highlander Ethan Munro, an ancient Celtic warrior,
Courtney
Amelia Landry is a mystery writer in a funk. To get her out of said funk, her best friend/publicist arranges for Amelia to spend the summer in a tower house in the highlands of Scotland.

Ethan Munro and his five kinsmen are not-quite-dead not-quite-ghosts. Seven hundred years ago they were enchanted into a state of perpetual in-between: they can interact with each other, be seen by and interact with those who are particularly receptive, but only physically materialize during the gloaming (twiligh
Meghan Lloyd
This is what I would call a "beach read". It's light, not very deep, and it's a fairly short book. My issue is that it paled in comparison to other books I have read. Lynn Kurland writes a similar genre of books, but the writing is much more provocative, detailed, and captures my attention better. Had I read Cindy Miles first, that might not be the case. But after reading the real deal, I don't like the imitation all that much.
Andrea
I picked this one up because I loved Into Thin Air and Spirited Away by the same author. I expected it to be just as good and original as her previous books were, but I was quickly disappointed. Highland Knight fell flat and, although I tried, I couldn't bring myself to finish it. The way the main character acts is embarrassing to read, and the descriptions of the characters are extremely repetitive. I expected more from Cindy Miles since her last two books were so fun to read.
Amanda
Book #9 of 2009
These last two books have been such quick and easy reads that it feels a bit like cheating. Anyway, I craved romance and missed the library book sale, so I went looking for one to borrow. This was OK, a pretty fun read, even if there were glaring errors, gaping holes, plot lines started that never went anywhere, a lack of sex (I mean, come on! I thought that's what romances were for) and extremely repetitve descritptions of the two Main Characters physical traits. I mean, I get it
Alauna
Great book!!!!

Unique and refreshing story! I loved the highland theme. It was really well written and never slow. I've love highland time travel books and paranormals and have read many, this is one of the better ones. I gave it a chance and I'm very glad I did!
Mary E
Loved it!!!!!! I got a tattoo based on a phrase from this book. "Grú mo chroí. Love of my heart. I couldn't put this book down. If you love Highland warriors or anything Scotland then this is the book for you .
Wendy Hines
Amelia Landry is suffering from writer's block, so her best friend rents a tower in a Scottish castle for her to seek some inspiration. What she gets is six enchanted Highland knights and some spooky ghosts. Ethan and his relatives are able to corporalize for one hour every day, and Amelia soon finds herself falling fast for the knight. They work together to try and clear the mystery of Ethan's past so that he and his relatives can break the enchantment cast on them.

Slightly entertaining charact
Daelith
I struggled to get through this book. As another reader said, it was very repetitive which always annoys me. Overall it was a cute, okay read.
Amanda Hopwood
Sweet and romantic

This was an incredibly sweet story. I would have given it 5 stars but it a bit rushed in parts.
Ann Marie
I have absolutely loved every book I've read of Cindy Miles and this was no exception. Amelia Landry travels to Scotland to try and break a case of writers block. As a mystery writer she has little trouble excepting the fact that the castle she stays at is haunted. What takes a little longer for her to accept is that she falls in love with the Ethan, the Highlander warrior ghost in residence. What makes this better than a typical romance novel is that there is something very threatening trying t ...more
Amanda
This book was so flirty . Couldn't put it down . Historical romances are the best
Jill
This had all the potential to be a really great story--instead it was just okay. There were some really good moments in there, but also some ho-hum boring ones. Somewhere in the middle, it got repetitive--I sort of felt like I was reading exactly the same thing that I had in the previous chapter, just told a little differently. Can't decide if I should try another one of hers or not--I like the way she does the ghost/time travel aspect.
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
This was the first of Cindy's books I read. I finished it at 1:49 am this morning. I LOVED this book. The writing was good, I enjoyed the characters immensely. The sensual scenes only involved kissing up until the very end of the book, which I liked. I hate when sex scene after sex scene takes away from the story. This was romance! Probably the best romance I have read in quite a while.
Sara
2 Stars:

This was actually a DNF for me at about 12%.

I may pick it back up in the distant future but it didn't have enough to hold my attention for now.
Bradley
Story was all right. I just really did not find it enjoyable. A good story has trouble, but this tale was too happy. I know. I know. Romance is about happy. =) This one just did not do it for me. Others will feel different I am sure. Too light hearted. =)
Nancy
I really enjoyed this book! I had read one of Cindy Miles' stories in an anthology, which lead me to look for more of her books. I felt that this book was more "romantic" than many of the other romance books out there. The kind of romance that makes you smile (and sigh) as you are reading. I definitely will be reading more books by this author!
Mia
Picked it up because it sounded interesting. It was a good read but not one that I would probably go back and reread. So of the plot lines were a little predictable but still a nice easy read. If you are really into the historical time travel books, I would stick with Lynn Kurland since the history is a bit more accurate.
Angela
I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book (I was judging the cover....) I am not a big fan of really romantic books. I usually like scarier books (with some romance thrown in...) But I really did like this book. It really wasn't what I was expecting. It is a light read.
Cindy
I absolutly love Cindy Miles books. They have a bit of everything; romance, time travel, Scotland and ghosts. How much better can they be? All of her books are quick, fun reads. This one had nothing to do with the original bunch of people but still it was great.
Sherrill
I loved this story and all of Cindy Miles books. The love stories and the ghosts and how it will all work out makes for a really good read. All her books written as Cindy Miles are a delight to read.
  • Highlander In Her Bed (Highlander, #1)
  • A Highlander Christmas
  • Return of the Highlander (Immortal Warriors, #1)
  • A Highlander of Her Own (Daughters of the Glen, #4)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • Master of the Highlands (Highlands, #1)
  • A Man In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #1)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • Beloved Highlander
Cindy Miles is the best-selling author of twelve novels, one anthology and three short stories. She also writes as Elle Jasper, and grew up on the salt marshes of the Vernon River in Savannah, Georgia.
More about Cindy Miles...
Stupid Girl (Stupid in Love, #1) Forevermore Spirited Away Stupid Boy (Stupid in Love, # 2) Into Thin Air