Start by marking “It Happened at Grand Canyon” as Want to Read:
It Happened at Grand Canyon

It Happened at Grand Canyon

The Grand Canyon is an American icon, a scenic wonder like no other. From the several Native American tribes who have called Grand Canyon home to swashbuckling pioneers to an airliner collision over the canyon that led to the formation of the FAA, It Happened at Grand Canyon tells the history of this colossal, magnificent place.
Published January 1st 2007 by TwoDot

To ask other readers questions about It Happened at Grand Canyon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened at Grand Canyon

Ellen Behrens
Aug 11, 2015 Ellen Behrens rated it liked it
We love reading about places where we spend time, especially books that give us an "inside look" or a perspective that goes beyond common knowledge. Hard to find with something as written about as the Grand Canyon, but Todd Berger managed to give us some very unique stories about this fabled place. For all the stories of the Kolb brothers, the too-many folks who decide the Canyon should be their last resting place and dive from the rim, Berger manages to give us stories like L. Wing and OK ...more
Ryan
Nov 27, 2011 Ryan rated it liked it
This book was a good book if you are looking for a historical book referencing the Grand Canyon. I took a recent trip to the grand canyon and read this book on the way. It was an alright book but it can get dull at a lot of parts. Later in the book there were some stories that I was reading where I wanted to read more about it and it ended too short. The book consists of 30 stories dating from 1540-2003.I would recommend this book to anyone looking for stories about people and events which took ...more
Mark
Aug 17, 2011 Mark rated it really liked it
I quick easy read tracing the history of the Grand Canyon with various stories and events that happened there--from the first visits of the Spanish Conquistadors through its use as a sanctuary for the successful regeneration of the California Condor.
Todd Martin
Oct 15, 2009 Todd Martin rated it it was ok
Shelves: history, outdoors
A collection of stories culled from teh history of the Grand Canyon. Anyone mildly familiar with the area will have heard most of them before.
Sara
Sep 26, 2008 Sara rated it liked it
Lots of fun tidbits about various occurrences in and around the Grand Canyon. Nothing deep here, but the stories are fun snapshots of Canyon history.
Kevin Dougherty
Sep 12, 2014 Kevin Dougherty rated it really liked it
An interesting, yet light and fun read. Best read if the Grand Canyon is on, or has been on, your itinerary.
Jeremy
May 18, 2012 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
This series is always a joy to read. The short, factual stories in this book are engaging and interesting. The book contains several starter topics that one can easily follow up on if wanted.
Elizabeth
Jul 29, 2016 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Pretty good history of some of the stuff that happened along the Grand Canyon area. I appreciate the researched stories to give me context.
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Tricia Coffman
Tricia Coffman rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Steven Williams
Steven Williams rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2011
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Dani
Dani rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Christine Hodges
Christine Hodges rated it it was ok
Jul 13, 2013
Bruce Cline
Bruce Cline rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2013
Chris Seals
Aug 08, 2011 Chris Seals rated it it was ok
I liked this book alright, but there are better stories of Grand Canyon.
Junemarie Brandt
May 17, 2015 Junemarie Brandt rated it really liked it
Very readable, most of the stories I wanted to read more. Not in depth, but enjoyable.
Kristan
Kristan rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Stacie Peterson
Stacie Peterson rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Nora
Nora rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Joy
Dec 11, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Full of interesting stories and amusing anecdotes.
AJ Lapre
AJ Lapre rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Todd Berger
Todd Berger rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2013
Joy Sparks
Joy Sparks rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012