Start by marking “Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)

Seeing Eye Mate (Graham Pack Mates #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  2,451 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
He's a shape-shifting wolf, she's a psychic and his other half. In order to catch a killer he has to rely on his Seeing Eye Mate.

Published October 24th 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Eye Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Eye Mate

Dina
Apr 28, 2009 Dina rated it really liked it
Things happen really, really fast in this book: boy meets girl, they have sex (or mate, to use the "right" verb), she gets pregnant, they catch a killer and fall in love with each other. All that in the space of three days! It was a little out there, but it worked for me. :)

The killer's identity was pretty obvious to me, so there wasn't really a mystery to be solved, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying the story.

Note: There was a lot of puking in this book, and that was just gross. I could
Heather
Aug 03, 2008 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Blackmailed- and hot Werewolf action!
Recommended to Heather by: Julie (jjmachshev)
Well... this is definitely another one for my keeper shelf. Hot stuff! Woo hoo!

This story is about a Shape-shifter werewolf "Prime"(the alpha) named Caelen who is hunting a killer on the loose. The killer is targeting the mates of werewolves and murdering them. He and his twin brother Eli are out at a bar discussing the murders when in walks a hot little human. Eli sets his sights on her, but the minute Caelan smells her, he knows she's his mate.

Tieran is a psychic. She gets visions and people
Amanda
Feb 26, 2013 Amanda rated it did not like it
Oh, my god. This book was so lame!
It went:
They meet
Sex
"I know who did it! "You're wrong."
Sex
"I don't want goddamn pancakes!"
Sex
"I still know who did it!" "You're still wrong."
Conflict.
Conflict
"You're the one who did it!" "Of course I am."
Die, die, die
More Sex
The end.
Amanda Croley
Sep 27, 2009 Amanda Croley rated it did not like it
Shelves: unfinished
Ok, I just can't do it. I wanted to give up on page two, but forced myself to keep going, unfortunately I only made it to page four. I liked the idea, because I love weres and such but it was just too vulgar for my liking. I think the word f*** was in ever sentence about
three times. Caelen's needs and his potty mouth are not very alluring. I finally stopped at the p word. Haha maybe I am a prude, I know some people like the erotica's etc.
Alissa
This was hot and steamy but too short to fully develop the relationship between the two MC's. I liked both MC's enough to want more which is why 3 stars instead of 4.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
REVIEW TO COME!

4.5 STARS!!!

UPDATE

Well, this was something different to read! I loved it! A lot of hot sexy stuff....that leave you wanting more and more and more and more...you get the point! LOL ;p The story was great, the mystery was awesome, the characters were easy to connect to and funny as hell, and the romance was just....MIND BLOWING!!

description

The story is about a Shape-shifter werewolf, Caelen, who is also the "Prime" or the alpha of the pack. He is hunting a killer who is murdering the mates
Khenta
Hannah
Sep 05, 2012 Hannah rated it did not like it
I actually didn't finish this book, got a bit over half way, because it just got to the point where I DID NOT CARE what happened to the characters or who the serial killer was. When you get to that point, I usually consider the book bad or at least not for me. I didn't feel invested or interested at all and I found it difficult to like Tieran or Caelan. It was just so meh.

Luckily I was able to return the book to Amazon (I was reading a Kindle version) and get a refund which also shows that I wil
Steff
Nov 14, 2013 Steff rated it did not like it
Shelves: pr
Predictable and despite its fast pace, it left you wanting something more that was simply not there. This was not a romance book but more of a thriller erotica which is not what I was looked to read. The supernatural world was not properly explained especially with the swapping of words (like "alpha" and "prime"), it left the paranormal aspect lacking any positive addition it could have made to the book.

The romantic aspect was non-existent. There was no development and because of the fact that
Chris
Sep 07, 2011 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, erotic
The sex was hot, but the story was not.
Bottom Line: Try before you buy
Nothing like a hot though reluctant Alpha male, to get the heart pumping. Some good sex scenes, but the story wasn't strong enough...which leads me to the author, and the development (i.e. foundation) of this story. There wasn't enough of it, or it was intentionally written to be a fairly light read.
If you want to read some hot sex scenes, and aren't as concerned about a story with a lot of depth, read it...if not, pass it.
Bet
Jeannie
Jan 23, 2012 Jeannie rated it did not like it
The plot synopsis of "Seeing Eye Mate" sounded like a really promising fast-paced, sexy read. Unfortunately, that was hardly the case, and this novel is painfully cliche, totally predictable, and poorly-written. I only made it halfway through a borrowed copy before I gave up. Don't waste your time or cash!
Zeek
Feb 15, 2010 Zeek rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnromantica
Cliched and predictable despite being explicit- then again maybe that's what made it predictable?? meh
Kate
May 20, 2017 Kate rated it really liked it

Caelan Graham is on the hunt for a shape-shifter bent on killing female mates. As Prime, its Caelans duty to protect his entire pack, so its a good thing he doesn't have a mate of his own to look after right now. Too bad the most alluring female has just walked past his nose.

As a clairvoyant, Tieran Jones has given up on men and their lack of understanding her gift u
Starry
Sep 17, 2011 Starry rated it it was amazing
78sunny
Apr 06, 2014 78sunny rated it liked it
Kurz-Meinung:
Das Buch ist definitiv seine 11,30€ nicht wert.
Inhaltlich sagt die Beschreibung oben schon alles. Das ganze ist super simple. Der Killer, der das ganze hier spannend halten soll, war mega offensichtlich selbst für 'nen Thriller- und Krimivermeider wie mich. Die Mischung aus Spannung, Psycho, 'Liebe' und Erotik war auch irgendwie merkwürdig und passte nicht. Man hatte schon das Gefühl, dass die Liebesbeziehung und vor allem die Erotik im Vordergrund stehen, aber die Szenen mit dem K
Hillary
Apr 23, 2010 Hillary rated it really liked it
This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Annmarie McKenna. I picked it up at a used bookstore so I was like "may as well give it a try". I'm glad I did.

As Prime Caelan Graham has his hands full, but added to his plate is the fact that there is someone brutally killing the mates of Primes from other wolf shape-shifter packs. At this point he is beyond happy that he has no mate of his own. He and his twin brother Eli are at a local bar discussing pack business when...

In walks Tieran Jones wh
Tina Andersen
Mar 23, 2011 Tina Andersen rated it liked it
Im not going into to much detail but this book wasnt bad, easy to follow, very well written, good story line (could of been a bit more blood and guts for my liking) with great sex sences.
I just wasnt glued to it, i had no trouble putting the book down but saying that, i did want to finish it. This book being a PNR was a real who did it kind of story line ( never really did like it was professer plum in library with the candle stick kind of story line), not my cup of tea but like i said its still
Jane Stewart
ms bookjunkie
I liked the beginning. I liked the ending. But the middle irritated me beyond belief. Let me tell you all my feelings about the middle:

I don't know if I'm being persnickety or what, but the middle of this book feels to me like shifters: you're doing it wrong. I'm not convinced by the relationship (give me more getting-to-know-eachother, more relationship-building, more feelings, less insta-love), the mate killings feel like a crude "woman in fridge" plot device, and… I'm not charmed. I'm not com
Holly
Mar 12, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Caelan is a shape-shifting wolf, and out at a bar with his twin bar talking about the recent disturbing killings of other shifters. Suddenly he smells something amazing and knows its a woman and she is destined to be his. Tieran is only in the bar while waiting for a tow truck but he follows her outside and helps her when the tow truck driver hits on her, but she rebuffs Caelan anyway. Tieran is a clairvoyant who stays away from people because touching people can lead to visions and most people ...more
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Seeing Eye Mate is about a shape shifter Caelan and is brother are taking a night off at a bar. They've been working really hard to find a killer who keeps killing mates in the shifter communities. On this night Caelan finds his mate Tieran. But little does he know she has a little bit of power herself. She is a psychic. And this makes her number one on their enemies hit list. She also starts having visions about the killer, so that makes it oh so worse.
Jess
Oct 31, 2009 Jess rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, and it was pretty good. This was about shifters, and the prime (the alpha) of one pack was trying to catch a killer. Called the "Mate Killer", the person was targeted mates of shifters in Caelan's pack. Since he is the prime of the pack he feels responsible for failing those shifters that had their mates murdered.

Tieran is just another human woman who happens to be a psychic and can speak with her dead grandmother. When her car suddenly breaks dow
Juniper
May 27, 2014 Juniper rated it did not like it
So. Poorly. Written. This book can definitely be filed under "forgettable". The heroine was so annoying. One minute she's lusting after the hero, the next she's hating him. Seeing Eye Mate, as a whole, was an incredibly awkward read and, honestly, felt stilted. I enjoyed it up to a point, but after so long, it became like a difficult pill to swallow. I get the impression that this book was challenging for Annmarie McKenna to write. It didn't feel natural and flowing but rather like stop and go. ...more
Dec 13, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've read in a long time. It had a great mix of humor, passion & suspense. It actually reminded me very much of Gena Showalter's, Playing With Fire & Twice As Hot, except much more explicit. The Heroine, Tieran was very sarcastic & a bit clumsy making her character very endearing. Yet still a strong, capable woman. Caelan was the typical Alpha male, though I thought his snips of anger were often a bit over-board. Still, he became endearing as well. I ac ...more
marlene
Aug 03, 2009 marlene rated it really liked it
a were pack centralized book without being 110% full of complicated pack politics. thank goodness! this book was all about their Prime and it still didn't turn into a political mess.

a psychic medium's ghostly grandmother nudges her into the arms of a shapeshifter. a shifter in the middle of trying to figure out who is murdering mates of the packs. being psychic comes in pretty handy when trying to solve the crimes.
Book Binge
The only thing I didn't like about this book was Tieran's refusal to give up the Mountain Dew. I get that it was supposed to be funny but it came across as being selfish that she would rather have the drink than take precautions to keep her baby healthy. I think it would have been funnier if she gave it up and maybe acted upset about it by messing with Caelan. The whole event just didn't sit right but other than that this was a really well written book and I enjoyed it.
Mitabird
Sep 11, 2008 Mitabird rated it liked it
I found Seeing Eye Mate boring. It's about a woman that has dreams and visions. She meets a shapeshifter (wolf) whom she is supposed to help. There is a shifter that is killing the mates of different packs. She's his mate, but she's unaware of the shifter society. Anyway, her visions are leading her to think it's his twin brother. It was obvious what was going on and that took out the suspense of the story. That being said, I don't plan on reading anymore of McKenna's work.
Stacie
Mar 02, 2009 Stacie added it
This is a very good, hot, erotic story. Caelan is a shiftshaper. He and his twin are at a bar one night when his twin brother eyes Tieran. But as soon as Caelan catches her scent, he knows that she is his mate. He goes after her but someone is trying to kill off all the mates that belong to Caelan's pack. Very good read.
Naine
Jan 03, 2015 Naine rated it liked it
I felt like I was not reading a romance book. Not much development between the relationship between Tieran and Caelan because they just CANT keep their hands off each other. I was more interested to know more about the MATE KILLER, that was the entertaining part because I really thought it was HIM. :D ...more
Tara
Feb 23, 2014 Tara rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good read even though i found the male lead abit insensitive and the female lead being a bit weak when it comes to him a little bit but overall this was a fabulous story and the plot kept me reading it was so good!! suspence and love scenes was a good mix cannot wait to read Eli's story.
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Pack Enforcer (Were Chronicles, #2)
  • Babies for Nikki (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #2)
  • Rachel's Totem (Cougar Falls, #1)
  • Wolf Unbound (Cascadia Wolves, #3)
  • Cat Of A Different Color (Halle Pumas, #3)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Lords of the Were (Lords of the Were Universe, #1; Tales of the Were, #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • In Her Blood (Lunewulf, #2)
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal Book 1)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Arctic Winds (Alpine Woods Shifters, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
Annmarie McKenna lives with her husband and five kids in the Midwest. Throw in a dog and a cat and she’s well over her limit for the average family. Luckily, writing fantasies has proven to be an excellent way to de-stress from her daily life of being a cleaning woman, chauffeur, cook and mom. Okay, cleaning woman—not so much. She leaves that to her hubby. Now if only she could figure out how to d ...more
More about Annmarie McKenna...

Graham Pack Mates (3 books)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Ultimatum (Graham Pack Mates, #3)