Start by marking “Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)” as Want to Read:
Seeing Eye Mate (Mates, #1)

Seeing Eye Mate (Graham Pack Mates #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  2,077 ratings  ·  59 reviews
He's a shape-shifting wolf, she's a psychic and his other half. In order to catch a killer he has to rely on his Seeing Eye Mate.

Caelan Graham is on the hunt for a shape-shifter bent on killing female mates. As Prime, its Caelans duty to protect his entire pack, so its a good thing he doesn't have a mate of his own to look after right now. Too bad the most alluring female
Published January 1st 2007 by Samhain Publishing (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Seeing Eye Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seeing Eye Mate

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
402nd out of 2,005 books — 2,272 voters
Cry Wolf by Patricia BriggsMoon Called by Patricia BriggsSlave to Sensation by Nalini SinghBitten by Kelley ArmstrongDragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Werewolf and Shifter Romance
368th out of 744 books — 894 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
Things happen really, really fast in this book: boy meets girl, they have sex (or mate, to use the "right" verb), she gets pregnant, they catch a killer and fall in love with each other. All that in the space of three days! It was a little out there, but it worked for me. :)

The killer's identity was pretty obvious to me, so there wasn't really a mystery to be solved, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying the story.

Note: There was a lot of puking in this book, and that was just gross. I could
Heather
Aug 04, 2008 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Blackmailed- and hot Werewolf action!
Recommended to Heather by: Julie (jjmachshev)
Well... this is definitely another one for my keeper shelf. Hot stuff! Woo hoo!

This story is about a Shape-shifter werewolf "Prime"(the alpha) named Caelen who is hunting a killer on the loose. The killer is targeting the mates of werewolves and murdering them. He and his twin brother Eli are out at a bar discussing the murders when in walks a hot little human. Eli sets his sights on her, but the minute Caelan smells her, he knows she's his mate.

Tieran is a psychic. She gets visions and people
Kaleigha
I saw a brief blurb from this book in the back of a Shelly Laurenston story, and thought from the little I read that it sounded interesting. since you can just never have too many shape-shifter romances, I thought I would give it a whirl. I was glad I did.

Caelen Graham is the Prime of his shifter pack at a very difficult time. There is a mate-killer on the loose, and none of the mated females are safe. Needless to say, it is not the ideal time for Caelen to suddenly find the woman destined to be
Amanda
Oh, my god. This book was so lame!
It went:
They meet
Sex
"I know who did it! "You're wrong."
Sex
"I don't want goddamn pancakes!"
Sex
"I still know who did it!" "You're still wrong."
Conflict.
Conflict
"You're the one who did it!" "Of course I am."
Die, die, die
More Sex
The end.
Amanda Croley
Ok, I just can't do it. I wanted to give up on page two, but forced myself to keep going, unfortunately I only made it to page four. I liked the idea, because I love weres and such but it was just too vulgar for my liking. I think the word f*** was in ever sentence about
three times. Caelen's needs and his potty mouth are not very alluring. I finally stopped at the p word. Haha maybe I am a prude, I know some people like the erotica's etc.
Khenta
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
REVIEW TO COME!

4.5 STARS!!!

UPDATE

Well, this was something different to read! I loved it! A lot of hot sexy stuff....that leave you wanting more and more and more and more...you get the point! LOL ;p The story was great, the mystery was awesome, the characters were easy to connect to and funny as hell, and the romance was just....MIND BLOWING!!

description

The story is about a Shape-shifter werewolf, Caelen, who is also the "Prime" or the alpha of the pack. He is hunting a killer who is murdering the mates
Hannah
I actually didn't finish this book, got a bit over half way, because it just got to the point where I DID NOT CARE what happened to the characters or who the serial killer was. When you get to that point, I usually consider the book bad or at least not for me. I didn't feel invested or interested at all and I found it difficult to like Tieran or Caelan. It was just so meh.

Luckily I was able to return the book to Amazon (I was reading a Kindle version) and get a refund which also shows that I wil
Steff
Nov 15, 2013 Steff rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: pr
Predictable and despite its fast pace, it left you wanting something more that was simply not there. This was not a romance book but more of a thriller erotica which is not what I was looked to read. The supernatural world was not properly explained especially with the swapping of words (like "alpha" and "prime"), it left the paranormal aspect lacking any positive addition it could have made to the book.

The romantic aspect was non-existent. There was no development and because of the fact that
Chris
The sex was hot, but the story was not.
Bottom Line: Try before you buy
Nothing like a hot though reluctant Alpha male, to get the heart pumping. Some good sex scenes, but the story wasn't strong enough...which leads me to the author, and the development (i.e. foundation) of this story. There wasn't enough of it, or it was intentionally written to be a fairly light read.
If you want to read some hot sex scenes, and aren't as concerned about a story with a lot of depth, read it...if not, pass it.
Bet
Jeannie
The plot synopsis of "Seeing Eye Mate" sounded like a really promising fast-paced, sexy read. Unfortunately, that was hardly the case, and this novel is painfully cliche, totally predictable, and poorly-written. I only made it halfway through a borrowed copy before I gave up. Don't waste your time or cash!
Sheda
So. Poorly. Written. This book can definitely be filed under "forgettable". The heroine was so annoying. One minute she's lusting after the hero, the next she's hating him. Seeing Eye Mate, as a whole, was an incredibly awkward read and, honestly, felt stilted. I enjoyed it up to a point, but after so long, it became like a difficult pill to swallow. I get the impression that this book was challenging for Annmarie McKenna to write. It didn't feel natural and flowing but rather like stop and go. ...more
Zeek
Cliched and predictable despite being explicit- then again maybe that's what made it predictable?? meh
78sunny
Kurz-Meinung:
Das Buch ist definitiv seine 11,30 nicht wert.
Inhaltlich sagt die Beschreibung oben schon alles. Das ganze ist super simple. Der Killer, der das ganze hier spannend halten soll, war mega offensichtlich selbst für 'nen Thriller- und Krimivermeider wie mich. Die Mischung aus Spannung, Psycho, 'Liebe' und Erotik war auch irgendwie merkwürdig und passte nicht. Man hatte schon das Gefühl, dass die Liebesbeziehung und vor allem die Erotik im Vordergrund stehen, aber die Szenen mit dem Ki
Starry
Holly
Caelan is a shape-shifting wolf, and out at a bar with his twin bar talking about the recent disturbing killings of other shifters. Suddenly he smells something amazing and knows its a woman and she is destined to be his. Tieran is only in the bar while waiting for a tow truck but he follows her outside and helps her when the tow truck driver hits on her, but she rebuffs Caelan anyway. Tieran is a clairvoyant who stays away from people because touching people can lead to visions and most people ...more
Tina Andersen
Im not going into to much detail but this book wasnt bad, easy to follow, very well written, good story line (could of been a bit more blood and guts for my liking) with great sex sences.
I just wasnt glued to it, i had no trouble putting the book down but saying that, i did want to finish it. This book being a PNR was a real who did it kind of story line ( never really did like it was professer plum in library with the candle stick kind of story line), not my cup of tea but like i said its still
Jane Stewart
Hillary
This is the first book that I have read by Ms. Annmarie McKenna. I picked it up at a used bookstore so I was like "may as well give it a try". I'm glad I did.

As Prime Caelan Graham has his hands full, but added to his plate is the fact that there is someone brutally killing the mates of Primes from other wolf shape-shifter packs. At this point he is beyond happy that he has no mate of his own. He and his twin brother Eli are at a local bar discussing pack business when...

In walks Tieran Jones wh
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Seeing Eye Mate is about a shape shifter Caelan and is brother are taking a night off at a bar. They've been working really hard to find a killer who keeps killing mates in the shifter communities. On this night Caelan finds his mate Tieran. But little does he know she has a little bit of power herself. She is a psychic. And this makes her number one on their enemies hit list. She also starts having visions about the killer, so that makes it oh so worse.
Jess
This is the first book I've read by this author, and it was pretty good. This was about shifters, and the prime (the alpha) of one pack was trying to catch a killer. Called the "Mate Killer", the person was targeted mates of shifters in Caelan's pack. Since he is the prime of the pack he feels responsible for failing those shifters that had their mates murdered.

Tieran is just another human woman who happens to be a psychic and can speak with her dead grandmother. When her car suddenly breaks dow
Naine
I felt like I was not reading a romance book. Not much development between the relationship between Tieran and Caelan because they just CANT keep their hands off each other. I was more interested to know more about the MATE KILLER, that was the entertaining part because I really thought it was HIM. :D ...more
Tara
I thought this was a good read even though i found the male lead abit insensitive and the female lead being a bit weak when it comes to him a little bit but overall this was a fabulous story and the plot kept me reading it was so good!! suspence and love scenes was a good mix cannot wait to read Eli's story.
This was one of the best books I've read in a long time. It had a great mix of humor, passion & suspense. It actually reminded me very much of Gena Showalter's, Playing With Fire & Twice As Hot, except much more explicit. The Heroine, Tieran was very sarcastic & a bit clumsy making her character very endearing. Yet still a strong, capable woman. Caelan was the typical Alpha male, though I thought his snips of anger were often a bit over-board. Still, he became endearing as well. I ac ...more
Mitabird
I found Seeing Eye Mate boring. It's about a woman that has dreams and visions. She meets a shapeshifter (wolf) whom she is supposed to help. There is a shifter that is killing the mates of different packs. She's his mate, but she's unaware of the shifter society. Anyway, her visions are leading her to think it's his twin brother. It was obvious what was going on and that took out the suspense of the story. That being said, I don't plan on reading anymore of McKenna's work.
marlene
a were pack centralized book without being 110% full of complicated pack politics. thank goodness! this book was all about their Prime and it still didn't turn into a political mess.

a psychic medium's ghostly grandmother nudges her into the arms of a shapeshifter. a shifter in the middle of trying to figure out who is murdering mates of the packs. being psychic comes in pretty handy when trying to solve the crimes.
Anna
Really enjoyed this book although Caelan's lack of understanding when it came to anything relating to his mate could get annoying, doing next to nothing to help her acclimate to her new situation and family and being less than patient when it came to her visions. On the whole, a really good read though in trying to make the identity of the killer a mystery it got a little confusing at times.
Jeanna-Has Probably Read It!
I just loved these two. They were great. Although, I would love and hate to be the one chosen as the mate because I was like dang if I can't even look at you without wanted to jump your bones we gots a problem. Like little bunny rabbits. But was funny was how all Caelen's people were cool with him wanted to jump her anywhere. It was crazy. But good enough to read through it.

Layali
Things happen so fast in this book you hardly have time to process it all, it was fun to read although the author could have cut down a little on the love scenes and worked on the plot more. i liked the Teiran she made me laugh, and even though caelan was overbearing you couldn't not love him, the grandma? i haven't made up my mind yet.
Gayle
This was a quick book to read. Decent story line. Although unrealistic for how fast paced it was. Could have used more build up on who dunnit. Hot sex scenes though. None of that dom sub that some books get into.
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Rachel's Totem (Cougar Falls, #1)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4)
  • Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1)
  • Ascension (Cherchez Pack, #1)
  • Babies for Nikki (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #2)
  • Vulfen Alpha's Mate (Vulfen Cadre, #1)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Mated to a Wolf (Wulf's Den, #4)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Brotherhood of Blood, #4)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Pack Alpha (Were Chronicles, #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Alpha Turned
  • Lords of the Were (Tales of the Were, #1)
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Kiss and Kin (Werewolves in Love, #1)
Annmarie McKenna lives with her husband and five kids in the Midwest. Throw in a dog and a cat and she’s well over her limit for the average family. Luckily, writing fantasies has proven to be an excellent way to de-stress from her daily life of being a cleaning woman, chauffeur, cook and mom. Okay, cleaning woman—not so much. She leaves that to her hubby. Now if only she could figure out how to d ...more
More about Annmarie McKenna...

Graham Pack Mates (3 books)
  • Checkmate (Mates, #2)
  • Ultimatum (Graham Pack Mates, #3)
Blackmailed Checkmate (Mates, #2) The Strength of Three Make Mine Midnight Tooth and Claw