Start by marking “The Most Important Little Boy In The World - A Novel -” as Want to Read:
The Most Important Little Boy In The World - A Novel -

The Most Important Little Boy In The World - A Novel -

Time is running out. The whole world is looking for answers, and what they find is eight-year-old Joshua Chisom. He may not be the hero they were looking for, but he possesses a supernatural resistance to disease and a mysterious gift of healing. Author Dean Briggs writes a modern-day parable of redemption in a story of divine proportions
Published June 4th 2001 by W Publishing Group

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Important Little Boy In The World - A Novel -

Jess
Apr 29, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing
very compelling, will prick your heart and soul into a deep sadness,and a tear jerker. Dean Briggs delivered a fragile book that will take you to a journey of a boy who has a heart of a true catalyst.

The story really made me cry, one of the best novel book of all time. The immense impact that it brought is incredible, the grip that captures you will make you wanna read it until the last page.And,I wonder what if this thing happen to us? will there be a miracle that will be spare for us?. Will th
Eugenia
Aug 31, 2014 Eugenia rated it it was amazing
A gripping novel. As a mother, even more so. Great sense of reality and suspense, and left me with much to ponder. Also, I did not expect it to be (view spoiler) -- did not even see that coming until the end, and the impact was felt that much more so.
Jason
Dec 16, 2011 Jason rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, fiction
First time I have read Dean Briggs and I thoroughly enjoyed the tale. Certainly the metaphor of Jesus sacrifice was explicit throughout (from his name to the blood metaphor at the end), not a bad thing...but I thought the story that supported this metaphor was fascinating. So from the beginning with the computer virus to the end, I was engaged in the story.
From a emotional perspective, I really appreciated the dynamics of the family as well as the father and son portion at the end of the book. R
Myndi
May 19, 2012 Myndi rated it really liked it
This book was a step out of my comfort zone. It would have gotten 5 stars though, if not for the confusion I felt at some of the medical and political jargon. It was very thought provoking, emotional, and heart wrenching. It was listed as a Christian fiction, but I think Christians and non-Christians alike would enjoy it. It really made me think of what I'd do should I ever face choices like the parents in the book had to face.
Karen
Sep 06, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
Good book - the finale was bordering on hokey for me, being of no particular religious affiliation, but all in all, a well-written tale. A gentler, kinder, SHORTER, "The Stand", maybe is a good description, for those who've read that one by S. King.

Read Hot Zone, then something like this, and tell me this couldn't really happen...
L
Aug 18, 2012 L rated it it was amazing
This book is about a little boy who is a happy third-grader, and turns out to be the answer to a virus that is launched globally....it was one of the scariest books Barney and I have read in a long time, due to the events being so potentially real. It has several lifelines that converge at the end, with a very poignant but inspiring ending.
King
Feb 26, 2012 King rated it it was amazing
one of the best I've ever read, while reading this book I feel the emotions of the little boy is going through. I once undergo to a bone marrow examination. a heart wrenching story, I even cried in the end. the message of this book leaves a lasting impression. best work of fiction.
Dee Toomey
Feb 22, 2008 Dee Toomey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Seldom do I keep a book once I have read it, but there are a few that I know I will want to visit again in time. This book is one of those. This is a story abot love and sacrifice, the type of sacrifice that Jesus exemplified to us in his crusifixion. You will need kleenix!
Emily Goode
Apr 09, 2012 Emily Goode rated it liked it
Found this one at the thrift store for a buck. Interesting read.
Andrea Kennedy
Jun 21, 2013 Andrea Kennedy rated it did not like it
Ian
Dec 03, 2015 Ian rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Dekker-Fans
Very reminiscent of Blessed Child and the Circle Trilogy (both by Ted Dekker) combined.
Venus
Jul 08, 2008 Venus rated it it was amazing
Grab a box of kleenix! This book reminded me of how our Father God sacrificed his son Jesus for you and me.
Suzy
Jul 25, 2008 Suzy rated it liked it
I know this author! A beautiful picture of salvation. It will make you cry buckets of tears.
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2015
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2010
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2011
Kaitlyn B.
Kaitlyn B. rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2013
Yvette
Yvette rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Amie Billington johnson
Amie Billington johnson rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Michelle Fowler
Michelle Fowler rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2016
Kelly Collins
Kelly Collins rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2010
Chryselle
Chryselle rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2011
Lemuel John
Lemuel John rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Gracie
Gracie rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2014
Dorothy R
Dorothy R rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2011
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

“I don't want to die, but I don't want to be the only one to live, either. When I was sitting alone last night, I kind of figured maybe that's how Jesus felt.” 2 likes
“How do you casually listen to something that makes the walls of your heart crumble?” 0 likes