Start by marking “Monsoon Rains and Icicle Drops” as Want to Read:
Monsoon Rains and Icicle Drops

Monsoon Rains and Icicle Drops

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lying in a freezing Mongolian nomad tent, I knew one thing for sure: I'd been running away from my life for long enough.
From the elephant polo fields of steamy Sri Lanka to a hedonistic party, complete with igloo, in a Nepalese jungle, Libby Southwell has been to some amazing places. But they are places she'd never have known if tragedy hadn't struck repeatedly.
Plunged int
Published April 1st 2006 by Pier 9, Murdoch Books

To ask other readers questions about Monsoon Rains and Icicle Drops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monsoon Rains and Icicle Drops

Libby
Susannah
Found this a slow read, although certainly a personal journey there was a ferris bueller stagnant feel to it... Forced myself to finish it purely to do exactly that
Peta Hay
Absolutely loved it. What an amazing journey her life took. So inspirational
Daren
So for me this book isn't a great fit. There is a huge emphasis on the emotional side of her journey, which was secondary to the travel aspect, as she visited countries I really enjoy - Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Tibet, China.
I can understand others who want the emotional side of this story would rate this book higher.
Clairester
Sep 09, 2009 Sarah added it
Loved this - what a wonderful way to learn about different countries and culture and how someone can turn their life around through such devastation!
Indi
i was so disappointed in this book, after reading 'Three Cups of Tea' it was probably never going to live up - but it didn't even go close.
Kari
This was the second time I read this book, and while it was still good, I didn't enjoy it as much the second time around.
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Nicole
Nicole added it
Nov 30, 2014
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Courtney C
Courtney C marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Nurul Husniyah
Nurul Husniyah marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014