Start by marking “Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2)

Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black #2)

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  1,787 ratings  ·  62 reviews
In the sequel to the enormously successful Casting the First Stone, Kimberla Lawson Roby brings back a character readers love to hate.

Curtis Black might be a man of the cloth, but with his irresistible looks, seductive charm, and charismatic personality, he's particularly beloved by his female parishioners––and almost every other woman he's ever met.

The trouble is, Curtis
Published February 1st 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Too Much of a Good Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Much of a Good Thing

Josie
I can't believe how quickly I finished this 2nd book in the Curtis Black Series. I mean as soon as you pick up the book and start reading you can't put it down. It's so enthralling and entertaining. I know I started backwards by reading the last 2 books first, but I only have 1 more to go and I'm done. But even if you start with the last book and haven't read any of them, you will still be captivated and astounded by all the drama, chaos and immoral acts that occur with the so called "people of ...more
Wanda
Great book! The author made me not like curtis black! He sucks so bad! But can't wait for the next book!
Melissa
Curtis Black was at it again in the sequel to "Casting the First Stone." "Too Much of a Good Thing" was extremely predicatable...at times I felt as if I was reading the first book. Although predicatable, it is an entertaining read.
Nia W
#2 in the Rev. Curtis Black Series...scandalous...yet not trashy
Nardsbaby Reader
Who are we to judge anything?

When I read that TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING was out the sequel to, CASTING THE FIRST STONE, I was trying to figure what could possibly left to do? Curtis Black, the fine minister from Chicago, with the heart of lust is up to the challenge. Not only is he re-married, he's back as the preacher of another prominent church and he's up to his old ways!

You constantly fight with yourself to do right and when you do wrong, you 180 degrees to the wrong! Who of us hasn't fallen
LaTonya
I really enjoyed the second book of the Curtis Black series. I liked this book even more than the first book in the series. In the beginning it seemed the same as the first book, just with a different wife. As I got more into the book and the drama began to unfold, I couldn't put it down. I just wish the wives wouldn't be so submissive and take so much disrespect from Curtis. I also felt bad for what happened to Alicia in this story. Overall, I really likes this book and I can't wait to get into ...more
MZURAQT
Pastor Curtis Black is back and more conniving than ever.After losing his first wife and his old church he has to go back to a normal life without all the fame, money, cars and clothes.Once he adjust to his new life the opportunity has approach him to become pastor at a new church. Wantintg his old life back he hops on the chance given,question is will Pastor black be able to balance a new church, new wife and on top of that try to rebuild the relationship with is daughter Alicia or will he fall ...more
Sheena  at Hot Eats and Cool Reads
Wow, Preacher Curtis Black is at it again! Kimberla Lawson Roby did not disappoint with a drama filled sequel to Casting the First Stone.

It wouldn't be Mr. Black if there wasn't lying and cheating involved. Just newly married to his second wife (this also being the second book in the series) he finds himself bored with her after 6 months of marriage. Adrienne and Charlotte both end back up in the picture and of course, there is nothing but trouble. I also liked that Alicia's story is being told
Andrea
That Curtis Black will never learn his lesson. And how can someone like him be called to preach. He can't even set a good example for his congregation. I enjoyed reading this book. It was really sad how he lied to these women and to the point were he drove Adrianne crazy. You would think he learned his lesson but I don't think he will. Excited to see what happens next.
Connii Greer
i can't believe I finished it in a day. I cant Wait to get book 3 today. I keep thinking bout this series and I cant wait to read more
Sonya
A third of the way into this book I sort of lost interest bc its sound like a repeat of book #1. With reassurance from my sister (we're reading the series together) I continued and it really began to unfold with unexpected surprises. Good read!
Darlene Harrington
Curtis had a mind for greediness and women he wanted his cake and eat it to the book kept me entertain only in the church house ! lol!
Winter Rose
Heart Wrenching, Shocking & Captivating!
Lenore
It was good
Anne-marie
It was good. Yet I want to see what happens next, so I will read the series. Rev black is a man to hate, yet u want to see if he will change or someone will make him change.
Ava
Hmm, funny thing is this preacher is just like the one that was on Iyanla fix my life episode this weekend. If this book wasn't written years ago i would have said someone was copying. Not a fan of Rev. Curtis Black but, I know I am going to have to read the next installment. I could almost guess cause most of these books a very predictable. Once a cheater.....
Patricia
Well, well and WELL!!! The Reverend Curtis Black is up to his old ways, yet again! Married to wife number #2, he continues to not disappoint from what readers know his deep rooted struggles tend to be. (Being faithful to his wife, greed, money and power.) Did he not learn from his first mistakes that cost him his marriage AND his daughter?
Sheila Jackson
I love Too Much of a Good Thing, but the charcter Curtis Black made me sick to my stomach, because we all know people like him. I just hate that the author didn't give Mariah, Curtis wife any relief in the story. But overall, I am looking forward to reading Curtis Black next adventures and hopefully he gets what he deserves.
Diamond Drake
This was my first book by this author and I found it entertaining. Unfortunately I grew up going to churches with reverends like Curtis and his friends so I know some are money-hungry womanizers. There were a few parts that stretched the imagination a bit but overall I enjoyed it.
Nicola Terry
Roby makes u hate Curtis each time... But such an entertaining read. Fast paced... I'm left to wonder how many naive women are left in the series... Already searching for the next one... Too much like book 1 for me. I truly hope book 3 is somehow different.
Eddie Johnson
The author through the use of the main character Curtis Black depicts how a married minister manipulates females for his own self gratification. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in church drama related romance books.
Quasia Thomas
This book was so good, it shows the authors taste and style. Her writing is so fluent and the book keeps your interested until the very end. This was a beautifully written book and I would recommend it to anyone who loves a good drama.
DivaDiamond
The good old Reverend Curtis Black is at it again. This was a good book, but it was almost predictable. Not as good as Casting the First Stone when we first met the good Reverend.
Danettewinslow
This was a good one...it makes you wonder what kinds of things and the ways pastors really act/think. I wanted to read the next one right away...and I have started it already.
Lydia
Apr 14, 2007 Lydia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book was great. I like the way Kimberla Lawson Roby connected this book to casting the first stone. She made this seem so real. From start to finish the book is great.
Latoya
This book made me think twice about these pastors with big mega churches. Although this is a fiction book, you never know what a pastor is doing behind closed doors.
Mary
Mary Brown It was a very interesting book. Kimberly Lawson Roby is a great author. I love all her books she has wrote. She keeps you coming back for more each time.
Patrice
I liked the continuation of this series. As always, the book had a little dry spell but the ending of this book definantly shocked me and brought me back.
Shatara
Curtis got what he deserve in this book but I'm sure there's more in store for his sneaky, conniving self in the rest of the series. Can't wait to find out!
Shaunie
I am so addicted to this series I can't believe I'm BARLEY reading it! Great way to end the story!! Can't wait for the third book to show up in my mail box!
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • The First Lady
  • Let the Church Say Amen
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Sisters & Lovers
  • He's Just A Friend
New York Times Bestselling Author, Kimberla Lawson Roby, has published thirteen novels which include, THE PRODIGAL SON, A HOUSE DIVIDED, THE PERFECT MARRIAGE, THE REVEREND'S WIFE, SECRET OBSESSION, LOVE, HONOR, and BETRAY, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRAY FOR, A DEEP DARK SECRET, THE BEST OF EVERYTHING, ONE IN A MILLION, SIN NO MORE, LOVE & LIES, CHANGING FACES , THE BEST-KEPT SECRET , TOO MUCH OF A G ...more
More about Kimberla Lawson Roby...
Casting the First Stone (Reverend Curtis Black, #1) The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black, #3) Changing Faces Love & Lies (Reverend Curtis Black, #4) Be Careful What You Pray For (Reverend Curtis Black, #7)