Start by marking “Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 1

Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 1 (Gargoyles #1)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Stone by day, warriors by night, the Gargoyles were betrayed by those they had sworn to protect. Now here in modern Manhattan, the spell that held them frozen for a thousand years is broken, and the Gargoyles live again! Based on the popular Disney/Buena Vista animated television series of the 90s, Gargoyles is back with original canon stories from series creator Greg Weis ...more
Published February 5th 2008 by SLG Publishing (first published January 23rd 2007)

Ken-ichi
Gargoyles was easily one of the finest cartoon shows of the 90s, and certainly some of the best televised fantasy ever. After recently re-watching the series, I was hankerin' for more, so I picked up this collection, which was written by series creator Greg Weisman. It's ok. Somewhat ham-handed compared to the TV show, possibly due to the lack of the amazing voice actors, or the steady, minimalist draftsmanship from some of the Korean (Japanese?) animation teams, or maybe even the need for subtl ...more
Deep Gill
Continues from the end of the Second Season, where creator Greg Weisman left the show. It follows the convoluted storylines that he wanted to present to us throughout the years. In addition to this there are a couple of spinoff comics; very very satisfying to ardent fans of the show in its heyday.
Jill
I've been a huge fan of Gargoyles since it began in 1994. Many of us through the years have retained hope that the series will come back. God knows its creator Greg Weisman would be willing. But, it looks like this comic is all we'll have. Thanks for the stories, Greg!
M.J.
First off: a non-serious 5 stars merely for existing, regardless of its merits or flaws. There was never going to be any other rating. I'm outing my bias right now at the opening of the review. This was my favourite cartoon show from my childhood (I rue the day Disney decided that there was not enough interest to produce a Season Two, Volume II). A more critical review will have to take place at another time.

Gargoyle: Clan-Building is written by the original creator of the series, Greg Weisman,
Vitor Frazão
Excepção feita aos dois primeiros capítulo, que seguem a linha do primeiro episódio das "Crónicas de Golias" este volume mostra um rumo narrativo muito mais interessante e complexo que o apresentado na segunda série de Gargoyles, sendo a principal falha o desenho.

Não obstante, continua a haver umas quantas coisas que põe em causa o senso comum de Weisman. Morgan and Elisa? Really?
Portia S
This was great, Kevin bought this for me randomly. I thought it was pretty fun to see what the Clan was up to after the series ended. I really want to get the rest of these in hard copy as I've read all the others up to Brooklyn going back in time and finding a girl in Japan :D
Alyssa Crawford
Not as good as the television series, but a fun continuation of the plot line nonetheless. Unsurprisingly, the plot makes much more sense after watching the all of the available episodes through the end of season 2.
Casey Anderson
Really enjoyed this but if it's been awhile since you saw the cartoon, or if you've never seen the cartoon, you would probably not be able to follow it.
Michael Roe
A great continuation of Greg Weisman's vision for his Gargoyles series.
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Rubythomas
Rubythomas marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Daniel Borkey
Daniel Borkey marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Maxwell
Maxwell marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Michael Savage
Michael Savage marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Susann Möller
Susann Möller marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Alex Ney
Alex Ney marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Gargoyles (3 books)
  • Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 2
  • Gargoyles: Bad Guys, Volume 1
Young Justice Vol. 2: Training Day Young Justice Vol. 3: Creature Features Young Justice Vol. 4: Invasion Rain of the Ghosts (Rain Cacique #1) Gargoyles: Clan Building, Volume 2