Start by marking “Crossed (Crossed, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Crossed (Crossed, #0.5)

Crossed (Crossed 0.5)

She is looking for the one.
He never thought the one existed.
But the one thing that connects them can also tear them apart.

Healing from a loss, Grace Brooks wants nothing more than to move on and has given every man she dated a chance—only to find they’re not worth her time.
Published January 17th 2015 by MyLit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Crossed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossed

Linda
Lacy Silks has delivered an incredibly hot romance, with danger, suspense and some mystery in this series prequil.

Emma Cross's best freind Gracie has come to the attaention of Emma's co-worker Hunter. Hunter Reeve,a former navy seal and an agent working for Cross Investigations, not only does she turn out to be a person of intrest in the current case Hunter is working.Hunter is incredibly attracted to Grace, simply just seeing her across has him picturing all the things he would like to di to he
Feb 22, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from NetGalley for review

As I was reading this, I thought it was in the middle of the series (my normal way to read books). I was pleasantly surprised this is actually a prequel novel and all the rest of the series is already written.

Caveman and Magic Fingers...what nicknames they have. I loved the names and Hunter & Grace. They were so perfect for each other, sparks flying every where. I'm not sure what to make of her brothers, but I loved her BFF. I loved their dares.

Now I j
Tracy Kellies
Oct 09, 2015 Tracy Kellies rated it it was amazing
What a steamy romance novel! This book had me hooked from beginning to end. I loved the plot and the originality of it. I could not help but fall in love with Hunter.

The book starts with a prologue where Hunter is with Emma, Grace's best friend. He sees Grace and immediately he becomes infatuated with her. What follows is an extremely hot and thrilling story. Hunter and Grace have an intense spark and the chemistry is there immediately, even when Hunter shows up at Grace's salon looking like a
Lynn
Oct 13, 2015 Lynn marked it as dnf
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Took a chance on a free book because it's a novella that sets up a series. Figured I could safely check out the series and see if it would be something I might like.

I'm on the third (maybe?) page of this and read "I was beginning to feel like a moron, begging Emma for a chance with a girl. It didn't matter that I'd been balls deep in another woman just this morning. It didn't matter that I could pick and choose at a club from the herds of women willing to go down on their knees to suck me off in
Tanya
Mar 03, 2015 Tanya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The book starts with a prologue where Hunter sees Grace, best friend to Emma, and knows he wants her. Emma and Hunter are long time friends, so this should be possible. How it comes about though is far fetched.

For me as a reader, this book just had too many very improbable things in one book. Hunter is 25 or so (he mentions only being a couple years older than Emma's 22) and is apparently a retired ex-SEAL who has been a couple years working for the Cross agency. Those numbers don't add up righ
Nadine Bookaholic
One word, YUM!!

If a caveman was brought into your beauty salon would you be willing to clean him up? Well, that is what Grace is instructed to do along with driving him to a mental hospital....say what?!?! After getting to know Hunter (the caveman) you might wish you were Grace.

Hunter and Grace have so much chemistry they can't help dropping trou wherever they are: restaurant, dressing room, elevator, hot-tub, I can go on and on but I think you get the picture. Their story has a serious underto
Katie
Jan 18, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this series and cannot get enough of the Cross siblings. Crossed is the prequel to the series and shares the story of how Grace and Hunter fall in love. In Layers Crossed we read about Emma meeting a cowboy and finding love in an unlikely place. We were also introduced to Grace, Emma’s best friend and accomplice in all things mischief-making. And of course we cannot forget about the very hot and protective Cross brother’s, Tristan and Julian.

Grace Brooks has been estranged from
Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews:::
She is looking for the one.
He never thought the one existed.
But the one thing that connects them can also tear them apart.

Tying up loose ends of a case, Hunter Reeve stumbles upon a woman who may be the key to putting away a criminal family behind bars.

As danger lurks, weaseling itself into Grace’s life, Hunter is forced to make a choice between
Laura York
Oct 22, 2016 Laura York rated it really liked it
Great prequel

Anyone who likes erotica or graphic romance novels, I recommend this book. It is a great love story with a little suspense added. Lacey Silks is one of my favorite authors. This book is also free right now on most platforms.
Breanna Eichhorn
Nov 23, 2016 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
This book is my very first book by Lacey Silks and I can honestly say that this book book will not be my last. This book is Hunter and Grace's story, I loved that this book is very well written and the Characters are very well developed. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Carmella
ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

Grace owns a Beauty Salon that caters to celebrities and the well-to-do. Hunter works in Investigation and Security. As a matter of fact, he works for Emma, Grace;s best friend.

One day he sees Grace with Emma and after that he is begging Emma for an introduction. Emma hesitates trying to protect her friend but ultimately says she will introduce them when he returns from an investigation he is going out on. She has warned him not to h
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Full disclosure, I didn’t read the series, just this prequel. I’m wondering if I would have loved this book more if I’ve already read the Crossed series. I have a feeling that the answer would probably be ‘yes’. My lack of connection with the characters most likely had to do with the fact that I didn’t know them – and you likely get to know them in the full series. SO, take this review with that in mind.

HOWEVER, the suspense and mystery engrained in this book was a lot of fun and a large part of
Romance Readers Retreat
I've read a few books by this author in the past. At first i really didnt know what to expect, but honestly, they are good reads, and this is no different. Its the prequel to a series and i'd really like to read the rest of the series and get all of the character stories.
This is Hunter and Grace's story
Hunter is a "caveman" and works for Cross Industries, and had it bad for Grace before he even met her. He made his co-worker/friend Emma (who is Grace's best friend) promise to introduce them beca
Trisha
Aug 18, 2015 Trisha rated it really liked it
Crossed by LaceySilks is the prequel to the Crossed Series and a spinoff of the Layers Series

Hunter has always had his career in the front row of his life. He never really has taken the time to appreciate a woman past date/hook up number one.

After losing her fiancé in a terrible accident a year ago, Grace has struggled with finding a relationship that fits her right instead of her idea of what’s right. She doesn’t want to jinx things with Hunter by labeling whatever it is that they have go
Christine Stanley
ARC received from NetGalley for honest review.

What an AMAZING read this was!!!!

This was the first time I have had the honor of being able to dive into one of Lacey's books and let me tell you I am off to get a copy of all of her others!

This book was absolutely smoking hot from beginning to end and I could not get enough of it. From start to finish you will be lead on an amazing roller coaster ride that you will never want to get off of.

The story flowed beautifully and I loved that the plot line
The Book Fairy Reviews
When Hunter make Emma Promise to introduce him to her best friend Grace he knew that the moment he would finally have the one woman he can't thinking about. His job might be an issue, but one he is determined to see through and not let him deter from having Grace in his arms.
Grace ahs been tricked by her best friend into helping this Caveman as she calls him. He looks almost homeless and won't speak a word, but when she begins to help him clean up he instantly wakes up from his catatonic state.
Kim
Dec 10, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Of course you know Emma Cross's best friend would find herself In a pickle only Cross Enterprises's could handle, even if she didn't know she was in a pickle ?? When Grace Brooks met the "Caveman" Hunter Reeves she didn't know her quiet simple life would be turned upside down.

Trying to stay under the radar the only excitement Grace found herself have since her fiancé, Marcus past away was her every other weekend adventures with Emma....skydiving, swimming with sharks or zorbing but little did s
Peta Benjamin
This book is the prequel to the Crossed series. These books all feature Alpha Males and strong women. There are great sex scenes, plenty of action and a really good story line. Hunter works for Cross Enterprises and is best friends with Emma Cross. Her BFF is Grace Brooks and Hunter wonders how in all the time Emma has known Grace, he has never been introduced to her. All that is about to change once Hunter sets his sights on Grace, he just has one job to finish up and she will be his for the ...more
Mitzi
Feb 16, 2015 Mitzi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is written in Lacey Silks’ special brand of mystery and intrigue meets romance and sex. I never want her books to end, and I felt the same way about this one.

This is Hunter and Grace’s story.

There was a strong attraction between the two the minute they met. Hunter is a former Navy SEAL employed by Cross Enterprises. Grace is Emma Cross’s best friend. These two carry ample baggage from their previous lives that could be the undoing of any potential relationship between them.

Hunter had b
Mary Mooney
Jun 11, 2015 Mary Mooney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a series that I love to read, it is full of suspense, lies, love and a sexy hero. Grace Brooks owns a hair salon that has a high profile clientele and she loves her job. When her best friend Emma Cross shows up at her shop with a man that looks homeless, Grace calls him a "caveman". Emma needs Grace to help clean him up and take him to rehab. This is where the fun starts when Grace has to help the Caveman undress so he can shower. Turns out under all the dirt, scraggly hair and long ...more
Tina Harris
Jul 30, 2016 Tina Harris rated it it was ok
2 stars
The first few pages were incredible, making me want to know more of Hunter. Ex Seal who was now working for his best friends family business. He sees Grace, he must meet her. Of course he has a good chance of that as Grace’s best friend is Emma who is also Hunter’s best friend. So I am looking forward to a new relationship between these two.

But then the story jumps to the future. Hunter is no longer the sexy man that we saw in the beginning. Also he gets his chance to meet Grace, but the
Laura Roberts  (Blogger at Sweet Reading)
WHAT I THOUGHT

I enjoyed this prequel to the crossed series. Its made me add the rest of the series to my ‘books to buy’ list.

Crossed is packed with action, excitement, mystery, lust and wit. The characters are fun and bounce off each other, creating laugh out loud moments, But then they also learn they have to be guarded and cautious.

After past heartbreak, Grace vows to live her life and is looking for ‘the one’. Playboy Hunter has worked hard on a case for three years, A case that leads him to
Lisa
Feb 24, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC for my honest review.

I LOVE Lacey's books and style of writing. Crossed is the prequel novel to the Crossed Series which are all now available. Sorry to be getting around to writing this review so late, I thought I had already posted it.

This is the story of Hunter and Grace...You may remember Grace from Lacey's other books, she's Emma Cross's best friend. Grace is still trying to move on after losing the love of her life and has yet to find someone until "Caveman" Hunter Reeve
T.A. McKay
Mar 01, 2015 T.A. McKay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy from Netgalley

This was the first book in this series that I have read and I think Im happy that I started here. I enjoyed the story of Hunter and Grace, it was a good old fashioned love story...if a love story includes kidnap and guns! It had a little bit of everything I love, there was angst and humour, love and hate and it was all brought together by a protective Alpha who wanted to win he woman.
Magic fingers and Caveman....well downs that bring all sorts of images to your head? The stor
Christine
Dec 11, 2014 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What can I say?! This book was filled with suspense, mystery and one SPICY romance!!

I loved Hunter and Grace. Hunter an undercover agent at Cross Enterprises (who also happens to be an Ex-SEAL), has had his eyes set on taking down the Wagner Family for years. When he uncovers a daughter, and finally sees her, he knows he MuST have her. Well, just so happens Grace is Emma Cross's best friend, ever since their loves were killed in the same restaurant.
Grace is a hardworking salon owner who h
Stacy Hahn
May 18, 2015 Stacy Hahn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Crossed by Lacey Silks. This is Grace and Hunter's story.
Grace is Emma Cross' best friend. They both survived the loss of the love of their life in a tragic accident. Grace has been looking to find love and move on, but no one has fit the bill. That is until an unlikely "caveman" was brought into her salon by Emma. She was guilted to take this "charity case". She was shocked by what she discovered under all the hair and dirt.

Hunter was working undercover to put away a crime family only
Keri
Mar 11, 2015 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another hit from Lacey Silks. How I missed this series until know I am not sure and I am not happy, but I finally got to read Crossed and will be grabbing up the rest of the series ASAP. Leave it to Grace, Emma Cross's best friend to catch the eye of the yummy Hunter Reeve. I don't want to ruin the plot or anything because up this story is such fun, but it is definitely lust at first sight for Hunter! This book has the suspense we loved from the Layers trilogy, just not quite as deep, and plenty ...more
Norie
Jan 13, 2016 Norie rated it it was amazing
Lauren
Oct 12, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
Oh I really liked this book

Suspense, romance, kidnapping and money laundering. How could a book be any better? How about a dirty talking, well endowed undercover agent. Hunter has spent three years collecting evidence against a family and is ready to put them away. Now he had to explain it all to the love of his life who also happens to be the daughter in said family.
I love a mix of every kind of emotion in a book. I was a little worried about how the deception between Hunter and Grace would be
  • Before He Was Wicked: A Wicked Secrets Prequel
  • Reckless Fear (The Black Vipers, #1)
  • Atone (Recovered Innocence, #2)
  • Embrace (The Affair, #2)
  • Tattoos and Tangles
  • Games Demons Play (Mystic Isle, #3)
  • Crave (Undone, #1)
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Harlot (Bartered Hearts, #2)
  • Captured (Hunted Love, #3)
  • Fighting for Devlin (Lost Boys, #1)
  • Hooked on You
  • Captive at Christmas (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Persuasion (Sons of Odin MC, #1)
  • Exposed (Ethan Frost, #3)
  • Runaway Heart (Hearts of Three Rivers #1)
  • Hidden Heat (Brothers of Mayhem, #1)
  • Christmas With the Billionaire Rancher: A Billionaire's Club Story
USA Today Bestselling Author Lacey Silks writes erotic and contemporary romances with a touch of suspense. Her stories come from her life, dreams and fantasies. She’s a happily married wife with two kids who uses her husband to test out the more intimate scenes for her writing – he said he doesn’t mind it at all.

Lacey likes to make her readers blush and experience the story as if they were the ch
More about Lacey Silks...

Crossed (4 books)
  • Layers Crossed (Crossed, #1)
  • Double Crossed (Crossed, #2)
  • Crossed Off (Crossed, #3)

“I’m not lying to Grace.” Emma crossed her arms over her chest and began tapping her foot. I swear, this girl was acting way mature for her age. At twenty-two, she had more smarts and strength than any woman I’d ever met. When I was her age… Nope, I wasn’t going to pull that crap. I was her age only three years ago.” 0 likes
“Where in the world did she find him? This was Manhattan and definitely not the Stone Age. I rushed to the front, huffing and puffing as if I were the wolf in “The Three Little Pigs,” but of course Emma already had her puppy eyes set, ready for a battle we both knew I was going to lose.” 0 likes