My Dream of Heaven

My Dream of Heaven

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Imagine what heaven will be like by reading this artfully composed masterpiece of the perfect vision of heaven.
Published March 4th 2006 by Harrison House (first published 1940)

Sarah Durham
Someone handed me this book just before the death of my mother. The lovely images it paints has helped me so much through the grieving process after her death. It may not be for everyone; but it helped me realize that her life here didn't suddenly end and then begin anew in heaven; but that her life there is just a continuation of her life here. Her mortal shell returned to dust; but her soul, with all her gifts and talents, stepped into devine bliss. She is still "working" to the glory of God;...more
Janine Mcneal
I've read this book 3 times in the last 10 years & will again. It renews my outlook on everyday life every time I read it. It still ranks as my favorite book.
Kim Droptiny
Jan 27, 2008 Kim Droptiny added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those curious about heaven
Recommended to Kim by: My mom.
This book rings true. It is about a woman's death experience and journey to heaven where she lived for years. Even if it isn't true, it is well worth the read to expand our minds for what heaven could be. It was written sometime in the 1940's and is extremely hard to find. I think of her images of swimming under water and being able to talk and breathe all the time. It was republished under the title, "Entering Heaven's Gate" but this version was slimmed down from the original and not as good.
Traci Jones
THe first really good book about heaven that I had found several years ago right after my step father was killed in an accident. I highly recommend it for books about heaven. Very comforting and insightful.
Robin Norman
My all-time favorite book to read in times of grief or struggle. I've read it several times and send it to friends and family who are struggling with the death of a loved one.
Karen
Apr 14, 2008 Karen is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I woman's vision of Heaven. Made me wonder what Dad experienced when he entered Heaven. Did he see and do the same things as this woman?
Jovy Thomas
I am very glad that I found this when I was searching for an inspirational christian book for my mother. Happiness was filling my heart and I was smiling most of the time, as I read it. The book strengthens our hope and faith in eternal life. My mother also loved the book and kept re-reading it. :)
Michelle
Springer, writing in 1898, makes no claims to revelation or prophecy, only a powerful dream/vision she experienced while in the throes
of a life-threatening health crisis. As such, her book is an interesting read that may or may not tell us a little about the
next life. She paints amazing pictures of the refreshment of heaven and the sweetness of fellowship, but I found a few areas
that didn't square with Scripture. For example, her experience of ongoing "marriage" in heaven is at odds with what Je...more
Carol
What an amazing little book! What an unforgettable vision of heaven. This book was first published more than a hundred years ago, and has withstood the test of time. Published initially as "Intra Muros," the book has been republished several times under various titles.

If you have ever lost to death anyone close to you, this book will bring you such a sense of peace and joy in the experience of heaven, that it certainly will help in your grieving.
Renée
I originally purchased this little gem when my BFF's (Diana) mother passed away. I wanted her to find comfort in the printed words. It's been awhile since I've read it but I remember feeling hopeful~joy, for when that day comes, that I see the face of Jesus and the amazing and beautifully unimaginable place he has prepared for me, and all of His children who believe.

Lily
Loved the book, and it helped me quite a bit but did she have to mention 'Ivory'? Certainly she meant, 'like ivory'....? I hope so. There will be no animal abuse or murdering of any sort in my Heaven. The people that I loved will be there, my dogs will be there but there will be no ivory of any sort. I love elephants.
Carol

Rebecca Ruter Springer writes in her book Intra Muros (also called My Dream of Heaven also called Within the Gates) this lady suffers being in a coma but is taken to heaven and then is sent back to earth again to tell of her adventures. I have read this one several times. Very interesting information about Heaven.
Kristy
This book is a detailed account of a woman's experience in Heaven. The details were very interesting and made me think quite a bit. The only criticism I would give is that the language is very dated and sometimes I struggled to relate. But her descriptions were pretty amazing.
Chris
This was different.
I think it makes for a consolatory ministry tool for those who have lost loved ones.
Whether we believe her or not, she does give a perspective that brings peace. She writes of a lovely, loving environment such as we all dream will be our eternal home.
Samantha
I recomend this book to anybody who has lost someone and wants that bit of "relief" that they arn't recieving because of the pain and hurt. I was happy to have this book recomended to me after the loss of my brother. It gave me a "Hope" that I didnt have before..I LOVED IT
Sherri
This was a great quick read.
The author does a great job of describing her experience.
But I didn't really care for the way that it was written. It isn't written in modern day terms, however, it was still a great read and was easy to understand.
Jen
Although this book has a heavy Catholic influence, and a few interesting elements, in general I loved it. Very interesting, thought provoking view of heaven, and helps you feel as if heaven is a little closer.
Rachel N
Jun 29, 2009 Rachel N rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rachel N by: Marcy W
A tender, pure-of-spirit, intimate account of one woman's vision of heaven. This little book profoundly impacted me to consider the connection between the "now" and the eternal. A short and worthwhile read.
Donna
While the language is of 100 years ago, the spirit and atmosphere that it created in and around me when I was reading it was literally heavenly. It comforted me greatly after my brother went to heaven.
Mike
One of the first "trips to heaven" that I'd ever heard. It was originally titled "Intra Muros" and I believe that it was available from the Billy Graham Ministry.
Lynn
We read this book after Randy's Mother and Dad died, and what a heart felt eye opening of our faith where and what we are going to see!
Debbie
A century-old, impressive account of a Methodist woman's encounter with the other side. Written from a believer's viewpoint.
Karen
If you are religious, Christian and have lost a loved one, you may find this book a comfort.
Mia
May 11, 2013 Mia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: bests
I loved this book!It inspired me!And now I just want to hear more and more about heaven!
Sara
I love this little book and have read it twice now. Comforting and encouraging.
Olivia
Best book I've ever read. It really helped me after my brothers death.
Kacy Gilbert
This was an easy read with beautiful imagery about what Heaven could be like.
June
Thank you Rebecca for sharing your vision. God bless you.
Pamela Strickland
If it was a dream, it is a dream I would like to live in.
Lonny-judith
I enjoyed reading this book and it kept me interested.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Intra Muros (Classic Reprint) Intra Muros (Classic Reprint) Intra Muros (Classic Reprint) My Dream of Heaven

“Every gentle word, every generous thought, every unselfish deed, will become a pillar of eternal beauty in the life to come.” 0 likes
“Why have we books in heaven?"
"Why not?" asked my brother. "What strange ideas we mortals have of the pleasures and duties of this blessed life!...”
0 likes