Start by marking “Wedding Planning for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Wedding Planning for Dummies

Wedding Planning for Dummies

Congratulations, you're planning a wedding! Besides obtaining a fancy tuxedo and a stunning gown, organizing a wedding ceremony takes creativity, planning, diplomacy, and nerve. The whole ordeal can seem overwhelming at first, but with a little guidance, you'll pull off a wedding people will remember for ages. Wedding Planning For Dummies, 2nd Edition demystifies and simpl ...more
Paperback, Second Edition, 408 pages
Published October 29th 2004 by Wiley Publishing (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Wedding Planning for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wedding Planning for Dummies

Hayden
Jan 20, 2008 Hayden rated it it was ok
A friend of mine who got married last year passed this book along to me, and I appreciated it because I am a dummy who is planning a wedding. It might actually deserve 3 stars; the writing style is cutesy and annoying but it could be worse, and the book does have some helpful information about how to word wedding invitations, questions to ask when booking the venue, etc. But the organization was sort of confusing, and anyway I find that I cannot bring myself to give more than two stars to any ...more
Christine
Dec 02, 2016 Christine rated it liked it
Actually rather informative book. Helped answer some basic questions about planning a wedding and gave some good advice.
Christina Windle
Apr 13, 2015 Christina Windle rated it it was ok
Should be called Wedding Planning for Rich Dummies because most of the book focuses on the more expensive options for everything and the author often made me feel like if you don't do this and don't do that, then you're basically hosting a cheap classless wedding. The author, Marcy Blum, is a wedding planner to the stars and I feel she and the Dummies series editors were out of touch with what the average book buyer for this series is looking for in a wedding planning book, something at least ...more
Sara
Aug 12, 2013 Sara rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of the For Dummies series -- I've never picked one up that hasn't been very well written and extremely informative.
A few sections of this were of dubious use to me because the author clearly thinks I plan to have a $30,000 wedding... but still a lot of good (and some fun) information.
Stacy Naberhuis
Feb 12, 2014 Stacy Naberhuis rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was more technical than the others that I've read about wedding planning. It had some excellent advice about the marriage license and what you would need to change your last name. Other topics were covered in exhaustive detail, but I think most people would find that helpful. I just skimmed over those parts since they didn't apply for me.
Amanda McGill
Jan 29, 2016 Amanda McGill rated it liked it
Shelves: wedding, 2014
Lots of good tips! I didn't read the whole book since I am in the very, very early stages of planning my wedding, but it was a great reference tool. Easy to navigate and if you needed help in a particular part (E.g. flowers or venues) it was easy to find that chapter and get all the information you need. One negative and maybe it was just the edition I read (2004), but it seemed a bit outdated
Scott Gillespie
Jan 14, 2008 Scott Gillespie rated it it was ok
I didn't reeeally read this the entire book. I just read a few chapters, breezed through others, and ignored the rest. It did help and if I had started reading it sooner it probably would have helped more.
Jen
Oct 08, 2014 Jen rated it liked it
Easy to read and answered several questions - but didn't love it because who wants all of that stress? If you're not caught up on what you "should" do for a wedding, I'd say just skip the books and plan for the heart.
Judith
Jan 05, 2013 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was easy to get through, with very clear examples. For me, especially the spreadsheet example of how to keep track of wedding finances was valuable. A major drawback of the book was how it is directed almost exclusively to American style weddings.
Eileen
May 02, 2014 Eileen rated it it was amazing
I'm not kidding when I say that this book was extremely helpful to me in the planning stages of my wedding. With my Mom deceased, I wanted to make sure I had some guidance as to how to do things without constantly badgering my sisters. This book was a lifesaver.
Kathryn
Apr 04, 2013 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Super helpful seeing as how I was planning a wedding and am a dummy. Seems they wrote the book just for me.
Rhonda
Jul 19, 2008 Rhonda rated it liked it
checked this out to help a young couple planning a wedding. less stuffy than more traditional etiquette books, easy to understand. covered a lot of topics.
Amber
Amber rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Rebecca J Wong
Rebecca J Wong rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Nate
Nate rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2009
Jay
Jay rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Joseph
Joseph rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Velma Gamble
Velma Gamble rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2014
Deborah Byers
Deborah Byers rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2014
Jeanette
Sep 08, 2008 Jeanette marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-to-swap
and so it continues...
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Jes
Jes rated it it was ok
Apr 10, 2015
Laura rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Lisa Schmechel
Lisa Schmechel rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Burch
Burch rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2014
ANNE
ANNE rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Bridal Bargains, 8th Edition: Secrets to throwing a fantastic wedding on a realistic budget (Bridal Bargains: Secrets to Throwing a Fantastic Wedding on a Realistic Budget)
  • The Knot Book of Wedding Lists
  • Your Pregnancy & Birth: Information You Can Trust from the Leading Experts in Women's Health Care
  • The Eleventh Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack (Garfield hams it up, Garfield thinks big, Garfield throws his weight around)
  • Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide to Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives and Other Special Events
  • Body Dump
  • Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies
  • Friday Mornings at Nine
  • The Science Book: Everything You Need to Know About the World and How It Works
  • The Wedding Ceremony Planner: The Essential Guide to the Most Important Part of Your Wedding Day
  • This is the Part Where You Pretend to Add Value
  • Overcoming Anxiety for Dummies
  • Emergency Care
  • Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette
  • Backyard Guide to the Night Sky
  • Physics
  • Islam for Dummies: A Reference for the Rest of Us!
  • Home Recording for Musicians for Dummies