Start by marking “Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2)

Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail #2)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  3,789 ratings  ·  88 reviews
THE BOOK OF SECRETS

Beautiful celestial wizard Lucy has teamed up with the crazy fire wizard Natsu and his bizarre flying cat, Happy. Their job: to steal a book from the notorious Duke Everlue. But the eccentric Everlue has killed wizards before, and Lucy’s team is walking right into his death trap!
Published March 25th 2008 by Del Rey (first published January 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tail, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tail, Vol. 02

Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon HaleAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu KibuishiLife Sucks by Jessica AbelGakuen Alice, Vol. 01 by Tachibana HiguchiSand Chronicles, Vol. 1 by Hinako Ashihara
Great Graphic Novels for Teens? 2007-2008
89th out of 163 books — 174 voters
Kitchen Princess, Vol. 01 by Natsumi AndoMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraArisa, Vol. 01 by Natsumi AndoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite KuboShugo Chara!, Vol. 1 by Peach-Pit
Top Manga
72nd out of 128 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Timothy Stone
Fairy Tail takes place in a world that is a sort of schizo version of ours. It has a folks dressing in fashions from many different eras, trains exist, and other things so far that seem to place this at no specific era, but a purely fun, fantasy world.

In this world we have our hero and heroine. Well, our main hero and heroine, as this manga starts with loads of characters, and it wouldn't surprise me if it just got worse from there. Anyways, introduced in the first volume, we have our main hero
Jessica Severs
The first thing that struck me about “Fairy Tail” is its high-octane art style that serves up every comic expression like a bullet. Think “One Piece,” but with magic guilds, not pirates.
Each page of this steampunk fantasy series bursts with life, and there’s rarely a lull in the action or comedy, which makes these two volumes fast-paced reads. The characters are either instantly likeable or intriguing.
Lucy, a young wizard who’s not bashful about using her well-endowed, ahem, assets to get her wa
Joy
I laughed out loud at Lucy's horror when she realized what the villain had been up to, but was still frequently annoyed by the fan service. *sigh* If Mashima would just tone it down a little...
Laphini
Lucy joins the Fairy Tail Guild and is on her first mission: Retrieve a book. Simple right? Hahah, this is Fairy Tail, nothing is simple.
This volume introduces a new antagonist, Duke Everlue, who refused to let Lucy into the mansion so she could get the book just because she's not beautiful (Although, his view on beautiful is different). The first arc isn't all that interesting but it's only the beginning of the story, isn't it always boring? Well at the end of the volume, they put in the next
Christina
Lucy, Natsu, and Happy have teamed up to steal and burn a mysterious book from Duke Everlue. But the mission has a high price for a reason-- Duke Everlue has been known to kill wizards before, and being unexperienced in the ways of taking up missions, if she ever finds herself apart from Natsu in the mansion Lucy could be done for! Later, the three most powerful wizards Erza, Natsu, and Gray (plus Lucy) form a team (or are forced to by Erza) to take down a powerful wizard who calls himself a Dea ...more
Beckiezra
The story and characters started to grow on me a bit more in this volume than the first so I wish I could give half stars to show it's improved. I don't suppose I'd have liked Naruto much if I was only exposed to the first volume and probably this series also improves over time. I just don't love the art style, or the fanservice stuff I saw in random later chapters online, plus tons more characters get introduced, it seems like more work than I feel like putting into it. I don't think I'll be bo ...more
Strangerealms
My review is for the whole manga so far (50 volumes). Fairy Tail is set in a fantasy world where wizards join guilds to make a living, and help the population who have no magic and cannot face certain threats. Lucy is such a wizard looking for a guild, and after meeting Natsu she joins his guild Fairy Tail. I watched the anime first and I prefer the anime look, but the drawings do get better after some volumes. The regions do look pretty, and the cities as well. The manga is packed with humor an ...more
Ottery StCatchpole
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Oct 04, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime Insider Magazine
Shelves: manga, 2011, reviewed
Starting off with Chapter 7: The Weak Point of a Mage.
Natsu is pitted against a pair of mercenaries called the Vanish Brothers. They have a Heaven and Earth fighting style along with being strong against fire based Magic. This seems to be trouble for Natsu, but you would be mistaken. After defeating the pair a gorilla maid shows up to combat Fairy Tail's Salamander.
Now moving onto Chapter 8: Lucy vs. The Duke of Evaroo.
This is where it really starts getting really interesting. Lucy is in the se
Scott Lee
This volume expands the world of Fairy Tail significantly, and by adding the Eisenwald guild, and the idea of dark guilds in general, the potential for a far more coherent storyline rears its head. I was interested in the idea of the very loose structure provided by simply following the characters through whatever jobs they chose, but having an enemy that presents a specific challenge makes for what feels to me like a story with much stronger coherence and potential.
Anna
Nov 05, 2014 Anna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fangirls. Or fanboys. I'm not sexist.
Hmm . . .
Just an observation: there are over 30,000 ratings of the first volume on goodreads (as of this review) and only 2,000 on the second.

This manga didn't seem like anything spectacular. It seemed catered towards fangirls, which I really hate. The two male characters keep fighting on top of each other and one of them starts taking off his clothes at random times. Lots of things in this manga made no sense and I couldn't identify the main plot.

However, I really REALLY loved the facial expre
Ricky Cook
Whenever I read the first book, I was hooked right away. This book series is absolutely amaznig. These are tjhe only kinds of books that can catch my interest and really enjoy. I loved everything about this book. I could not find one problem with it. This series is about magic, wizards, and friends. There are multiple main characters in this series. One of which is Natsu who uses fire magic. He is a very powerful wizard who is in the greatest guild of all....Fairy Tail! Guilds are places where w ...more
Jessie
This one wasn't as good as the first one, but also I didn't read the official release like i did last time, I read this one for free online, translated by someone else, so that's probably why. I don't doubt that i would enjoy it more if i bought the official release, but I don't have any money to do that, so I guess it sucks to be me!! Lol
Dante' Slaton
A certain book of famous author has to be destroyed by Fairy Tail member Natsu, Happy, and Lucy and the reward for doing so…two million jewels? What!? This has to be a piece of cake on this what on earth can go wrong just be burning one book, though just because the reward is high doesn't mean it'll be easy. If you ask me, it's beyond easy.
Natsu Dragneel
I saw Fairy Tail in my brother's library when I was still staying with my mom. I saw this and thought "This look too boring..." BUT I WAS WRONG! Fairy Tail is the best series Anime or Manga, It doesn't matter! (See... when I forget the date I read Manga or any other book, I put the date that is today!)
Samantha
Achei as histórias desse volume bem legais. A primeira, que já tinha começado no volume anterior, não chamou taaanto a minha atenção. Foi boa e acabou dando um pouco mais de visibilidade para a Lucy, o que eu gostei.

E quanto à segunda, que vai continuar no próximo volume, eu achei super legal! Está expandindo um pouco mais o universo de Fairy Tail, e tô adorando aprender mais sobre como funcionam as guildas e tal.
Janel Katherine
Once again, 4/5 for me! I felt the same things in this book as I did the first.Its a very light hearted theme I think and its hard to take it to seriously,the action was a but immature (as many manga's are) but it kept me entertained!
I'm excited to continue with the series! :)
Anita
Már a második küldetés egy könyv körül forog, kell ennél több? Tetszett, no :)

Amúgy mi ez már, hogy elfelejti a ruházkodást az egyik pasi mágus? :D

Az a könyvtár mindent vitt. Bár az olvasás gyorsító mágikus szemüveg se volt semmi ötlet.
Jeff Powers
More fun with the Fairy Tail guild. This book leaves off on a real cliffhanger and begs you to pick up the next volume. Though some points do lag a bit, the humor is still there. Another great set of chapters in an entertaining manga.
Citybones
Ya lo había leído antes, pero me apetecía releerlo hasta ponerme al día con los capítulos. El diseño de los personajes cambió bastante, o me lo parece a mi vamos. Pero juraría que Grey es mucho más abierto ahora en el principio.
Stewart Tame
Still liking this crazy thing. The characters all have demented smiles. I love it! Some story points make no sense. They just forgot and left him on the train? Huh? Still fun to read, and I'm looking forward to the next volume.
Juanrene Aguirre
I really enjoy Hiro Mashimas works! they are very interesting and funny with lots of fan-service! I wish I was a celestial spirit wizard!!! My only complaint is ecchi :p
Kayla Shettel
Good read

I started watching the anime first and just had to see the differences between the magna and the anime. I love the book and how it explains some of the words and terms.
Brendan
Get to see more insight into the type of person Natsu is, get to know more of the Fairy Tail guild, and better understand the universe this is set in. Yea!
Samantha
Great continuation to this wonderful magical world and story. <3 Loving Natsu and Happy every day more.
Sarah Telling
This was my first manga book and I loved it. Can't wait to read the next volume.
Jessica
Going on an adventure! And they are trying to save the world, or are they?
Addy
Not quite as good as the first, but this could be due to the fact I forced myself to read it in one day. I'm seriously behind in my challenge for the year.

The characters were... meh. We finally got to see Erza. She's definitely my favorite in the anime. I guess I'll have to see if that stays the same in the upcoming manga.

I actually got a little bit emotional in this one. I believe it was actually in the same spot I'd teared up in during the anime.

Overall, I would definitely recommend anyone who
Rachel (Sfogs)
Another celestial wizard, one with creepy taste...
Haha! Natsu on the train!
ChattyNatty
This book was really funny.
My favourite character was Natzu.
Roleplay Central~: Guild Hall 168 21 Oct 26, 2013 05:16PM
Roleplay Central~: Magnolia city 1 5 Dec 21, 2012 10:45PM
  • One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece, #12)
Hiro Mashima is a Japanese manga artist most known for his fantasy manga Groove Adventure Rave, published by Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine, from 1999 to 2005. The series was later adapted into an anime. However, the anime adaption was cancelled before it could complete the series.
More about Hiro Mashima...

Fairy Tail (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 08 (Fairy Tail, #8)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 09 (Fairy Tail, #9)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11)
Fairy Tail, Vol. 01 (Fairy Tail, #1) Fairy Tail + Fairy Tail, Vol. 10 (Fairy Tail, #10) Fairy Tail, Vol. 11 (Fairy Tail, #11) Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3)