Start by marking “I Fall Down” as Want to Read:
I Fall Down

I Fall Down

What happens when you trip or when you drop a ball?

When something falls, which way does it fall?

Do you know what makes things fall? Renowned science author Vicki Cobb explains the weighty subject of gracity with such ease that even the youngest kids will understand. Follow this book with a child who loves to play. Have lots of dropping races. Together you'l
Published October 26th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Fall Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Fall Down

Feb 11, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it
We used the first few pages of this simple informational book about gravity to introduce our theme of "FALLING" for library story time.

We followed the script by asking "What happens when you trip?" (but added a second question-- "Do you fall up?"). The children gave the answer the text provides on the next page -- "You fall down!"

-- does spilt milk drip up to the ceiling?
-- when you toss a ball into the air does it keep going up?
-- how about your mom's keys?
-- what about a block?

(Of course we pr
Mar 07, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
This book is about what makes things fall, which is gravity. It gives examples of how when you throw a ball in the air it come down and how when milk spills it drips down. It states how gravity pulls things down. It also gives an example of how all objects fall at the same speed no matter the size. Also discussed in the book is weight. It shows how you can find your weight by getting on a scale. I thought this was a great book to learn about gravity and weight. There were also great illustration ...more
Mar 31, 2016 Carly rated it it was amazing
I Fall Down is a very good book! It talks about gravity in a really fun way that all kids would enjoy. Throughout the book there are experiments that are explained for the reader to try, and the pictures are colorful and helpful. I would definitely recommend or read this book to my students because it teaches them science in a fun way. It is important for children to find science fun because then they will only want to discover more.
Stephanie Davis
I really enjoyed this book. It would go great with a science lesson about gravity. The book posed questions to the reader about certain objects and their gravity. The reader was encouraged to do an experiment of their own on almost every page. These experiments were kid friendly and simple enough to do in a classroom. For example, one experiment asked the reader to hold up two different objects and see if they hit the floor at the same time. This book had illustrations that went along nicely wit ...more
Personally, I was not a huge fan of this book. It does teach students about gravity, falling, and provide activities for the children to do in order to experience the effects of gravity. However, a teacher must be very careful in using this book. I feel like the terminology used could easily be over the heads of children in the class. I would use this as a supplemental book when teaching gravity, but would not use it as a soul resource for a lesson.

If I were to use this book as a primary resourc
Feb 26, 2015 Carrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: el-230
I choose this book because I love the way in which the text and illustrations interact. The words are a part of the illustrations. This book is a great tool for a science lesson. Science experiments can be performed while the book is being read.
May 17, 2016 Vicki rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A good non-fiction book to share about force, pull and push and gravity. Several experiments for readers to try on their own to reinforce the gravity theory.
Michael Fitzgerald
Oct 19, 2015 Michael Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Bad font choice - hard to read, particularly in large blocks of text.
Emilee Fox
Oct 10, 2015 Emilee Fox rated it it was amazing
Force and Motion for young kids with experiments built in!
Helen Kumpel
This book is for: 1-5
Topic: Gravity; experiments
I loved the real life examples that children can apply to their lives! Lots of experiments and activities regarding gravity. I would possibly read this to kindergarten but not get into the technical terms just yet. Just noticing how things fall back to Earth.
This book is an example of an experiment you may do in your classroom while exploring gravity. Including fun, hands-on activities and open-ended questions it allows for great inquiry based learning. Students will ask themselves, “do you know what makes things fall” as they read to reveal their answer.
McKayla Hogge
Apr 15, 2013 McKayla Hogge rated it really liked it
Shelves: science
Love the real life examples this book uses to teach gravity! This book would be great to use as a read aloud or independent read for a student when talking about gravity.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Aug 05, 2012 Nancy Jo Lambert rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is an easy to understand book for kids about gravity. Teachers will like using this book and kids will enjoy it as well. The kid friendly activities are fun too.
Jul 29, 2013 Gigi rated it really liked it
This book describes gravity in simple terms accompanied by pictures, examples and experiments to try. A great addition to your science collection!
Anjali Derhgawen
Apr 01, 2012 Anjali Derhgawen rated it really liked it
This book talks about gravity and how it relates to weight. I think that this book makes advanced science topics simple for kids.
Jul 05, 2013 Julie rated it liked it
Shelves: science
I think this book would be great if I include some hands on activities about gravity with it rather than reading this book only.
Christina Navarro
Christina Navarro marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
M. Carmen
M. Carmen marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Varsha is currently reading it
Jun 03, 2016
Rajena Manoj
Rajena Manoj marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Kitty added it
May 12, 2016
Rachel added it
Mar 18, 2016
Mandy Taylor
Mandy Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016