Start by marking “I Fall Down” as Want to Read:
I Fall Down

I Fall Down

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  11 reviews
What happens when you trip or when you drop a ball?

When something falls, which way does it fall?

Do you know what makes things fall? Renowned science author Vicki Cobb explains the weighty subject of gracity with such ease that even the youngest kids will understand. Follow this book with a child who loves to play. Have lots of dropping races. Together you'l
Published October 26th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Fall Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Fall Down

We used the first few pages of this simple informational book about gravity to introduce our theme of "FALLING" for library story time.

We followed the script by asking "What happens when you trip?" (but added a second question-- "Do you fall up?"). The children gave the answer the text provides on the next page -- "You fall down!"

-- does spilt milk drip up to the ceiling?
-- when you toss a ball into the air does it keep going up?
-- how about your mom's keys?
-- what about a block?

(Of course we pr
Stephanie Davis
I really enjoyed this book. It would go great with a science lesson about gravity. The book posed questions to the reader about certain objects and their gravity. The reader was encouraged to do an experiment of their own on almost every page. These experiments were kid friendly and simple enough to do in a classroom. For example, one experiment asked the reader to hold up two different objects and see if they hit the floor at the same time. This book had illustrations that went along nicely wit ...more
Personally, I was not a huge fan of this book. It does teach students about gravity, falling, and provide activities for the children to do in order to experience the effects of gravity. However, a teacher must be very careful in using this book. I feel like the terminology used could easily be over the heads of children in the class. I would use this as a supplemental book when teaching gravity, but would not use it as a soul resource for a lesson.

If I were to use this book as a primary resourc
I choose this book because I love the way in which the text and illustrations interact. The words are a part of the illustrations. This book is a great tool for a science lesson. Science experiments can be performed while the book is being read.
Helen Kumpel
This book is for: 1-5
Topic: Gravity; experiments
I loved the real life examples that children can apply to their lives! Lots of experiments and activities regarding gravity. I would possibly read this to kindergarten but not get into the technical terms just yet. Just noticing how things fall back to Earth.
This book is an example of an experiment you may do in your classroom while exploring gravity. Including fun, hands-on activities and open-ended questions it allows for great inquiry based learning. Students will ask themselves, “do you know what makes things fall” as they read to reveal their answer.
McKayla Hogge
Love the real life examples this book uses to teach gravity! This book would be great to use as a read aloud or independent read for a student when talking about gravity.
Nancy Jo Lambert
This is an easy to understand book for kids about gravity. Teachers will like using this book and kids will enjoy it as well. The kid friendly activities are fun too.
This book describes gravity in simple terms accompanied by pictures, examples and experiments to try. A great addition to your science collection!
Anjali Derhgawen
This book talks about gravity and how it relates to weight. I think that this book makes advanced science topics simple for kids.
I think this book would be great if I include some hands on activities about gravity with it rather than reading this book only.
Owly added it
Oct 01, 2015
Heather Gum
Heather Gum marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Jackie Gonzalez
Jackie Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
STEM Hub marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Siskiyou-Suzy marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Julie McFadden
Julie McFadden marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Gabrielle Wainwright
Gabrielle Wainwright marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Haley Collier
Haley Collier marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015