All Fall Down

All Fall Down

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,049 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Melanie May, a small-town cop hungry for the big time, risks her career to convince a troubled FBI profiler of the identity of a serial killer, only to realize that the profile she's created fits someone in her own life -- and that the killer won't stop...until all fall down.
Published September 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2000)

The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan PoeThings Fall Apart by Chinua AchebeSnow Falling on Cedars by David GutersonFalling Angels by Tracy ChevalierEmpire Falls by Richard Russo
Falling and Felling
175th out of 187 books — 38 voters
Red by Erica SpindlerCopycat by Erica SpindlerFortune by Erica SpindlerBone Cold by Erica SpindlerForbidden Fruit by Erica Spindler
Best Of Erica Spindler
8th out of 10 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Ferne
To date, this will be listed as my favorite Erica Spindler title. Plot turns to keep the reader guessing until the very last chapter! Excellent!!
Jess
I gave this one 3.5 stars. This is my first book by Spindler and I read it for a BOTM. I can't really give a synopsis of this book because I feel there is too much going on and I'm afraid of giving away some spoilers. The ending sort of hit me upside the head, I never guessed what was really going on. I actually felt like a part of the ending was so out of the blue that it was hard for me to believe.

I think what I liked most about the book was the character development. Each character had a fles...more
Louise
Now this was a chilling, terrifying and engrossing read!

From cover:

"Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina-all victims of bizarre accidents. No one will call these deaths murder.

No one except small-town cop Melanie May. She sees the pattern: a serial killer targeting men who have slipped through the fingers of justice. Alone with her awful certainty, Melanie risks her career to convince Connor Parks, a troubled FBI profiler, that she's right.

Suddenly Melanie is in the limelight,...more
Cath
I'm going to give this 5. Since I read it in french I cannot see flaws in the writing so I'm not grading the quality of the writing.
About the book, it was great, the end a little bit predictable to be honest but I spend the entire Monday wishing I was home just to read it!
Donna
Such a good book! This is the first one of Erica's books I have read, and it was soooo good. Even though I thought I had figured it out, I was surprised at the end. Talk about a twist! I would recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers and suspenseful novels.
Darren
This book has very satisfying ending but I found myself contemplating dropping it several times. I enjoyed how many character perspectives are woven together but in hindsight some of these were quite misleading. I found the 'egotistical male' characters and 'patronizing male police officers' characters overdone, especially when played against a capable female police detective always having to prove herself. My biggest problem is the pacing of this book. There are times when much action and story...more
Marianne Jay
OMG - I loved, loved, loved this book. It was so engrossing. It did keep me guessing - I definitely thought things were going to end differently.

If you like suspense/thriller books - this should be on your must read list.
Aileen

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Had my suspicions, kept doubting and re-thinking, exactly what a good book should do. Even had a few chuckles!
Kelly
This was the first of her books that I read and it got me hooked! Never wanted to put the book down once I got started.
Kellie
This was a great book. I liked it because it took place in Charlotte AND it was loaded with twists and turns. Great Suspense.
Billie
I had previously read this and did not intially realize it. It was so good I read it through a second time!
Laura Beasley
Good book. First one I have read by her and now I want to read another one.
Shannan Henry
i loved this book. it's probably my favorite by this author.
Elizabeth
Really liked this book. Very suspensful and keeps you reading.
Steve
Vicki Tyley
Great from start to finish. Highly recommended.
Emily
Melanie May is a small-town cop with dreams of being bigger, and Connor Parks is an FBI profiler on his way down. They meet investigating the case of a local golden girl, and form a mutual respect. When Melanie discovers a fatal rash of apparent accidents happening to local men, she notices that all of them were abusers and batterers. Connor is the only one who believes her theory that they might have a serial killer on the loose.
This book read like an extended, more intimate and detailed episod...more
Quillracer
Okay, first of the synopsis attached to this book is not the syopsis for this book, it is for Watch Me Die by this same author.

The back cover blurb for this novel reads: Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina - all victims of bizarre accidents. No wone will call these deaths murder.
No on except small-town cop Melanie May. She sees the pattern: a serial killer targeting men who have slipped through the fingers of justice. Alone with her awful certainty, Melanie risks her career t
Nicole Gozdek
Es hat ein bisschen gedauert, bis ich in diesen Krimi gefunden habe, aber danach hat mich "All Fall Down" - auf Deutsch "Der Tod kommt lautlos" - von Erica Spindler gepackt. Die Hauptfigur Melanie May, eine junge Polizistin und alleinerziehende Mutter, die aktuell einen Sorgerechtsstreit mit ihrem Exmann durchmacht, bekommt in ihrem ersten Mordfall Hilfe von dem FBI-Agenten Connor Parks. Beide werden von Gespenstern aus ihrer Vergangenheit geplagt, haben problematische Familien und kommen sich s...more
Arooba Saif
This was the best novel. A blend of love story, crime, mystery and many more. This is Erica Spindler's best ever novel <3
Farshana Sihab
Phew! That was one roller coaster ride , true I guessed the killer as soon as she was introduced but climax shook me to the core!
Brilliant plot n exactly " all fall down"
Brooke
I didn't like this book in the beginning -- the triplets' relationship was annoying & sappy, and it just seemed to be not well written in the first 100 pages or so. The over-all plot turned out to be good and kept me guessing (though my #1 suspect was right, Spindler did a good job making the reader confused as to who the Dark Angel killer really is). I would still recommend this book for an easy murder-mystery.
Kathy
Loved it! Saw this book recommended at my library website. It was available as a ebook so I thought I would give it a try. I'm so glad I did. I'm hooked!
Doris
I usually like Ms. Spindler's suspense but this one didn't grab me. Oh, wait, it did! But then that intriguing introductory story line got pushed aside in chapter two in favor of twins/triplets who weren't compelling enough to carry the weight of the book. I have other Spindler novels in my book cache to read so I'll hope for better next time.
Deborah
The book started out well and progressed pretty good, however I was not happy when there was not a lot about the murder that started the book. Once the culprit was caught there was nothing else said. I would have preferred the book start off with the murders the book was geared for maybe there would have been more to sink your teeth into.
Tracy Fenwick
I didn't enjoy this book as much as her others. There was just one aspect of the storyline that I felt wasn't needed - it could have been added with a little less detail. This spoiled the book for me and although it was a good story i couldn't completely enjoy reading it.
Cindy
I enjoyed this book and plan to read more books by Erica Spindler. I would only give it 3 stars because there were too many story lines and though they all merged together in the end, a little editing would have made it a crisper novel.
joseph bernard
Nov 01, 2009 joseph bernard is currently reading it
writer she's from Louisiana i like that about her.i think she writes well. i just started the book so far so good.i like true Louisiana crime but I'll read any crime or drama book if i can believe it could happen
Jenn
Just finished this book, my first one of her's. I love true crime and this one didn't disappoint. The ending was fairly predictable however, but I did enjoy the character development and the story line.
Amy
Feb 23, 2008 Amy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2007
Not one of Spindler's better books. I wasn't too thrilled with the characters. I couldn't relate and I also wasn't thrilled with it because I didn't feel like I was in the story. It was alright though.
  • Slices of Night
  • Until Dark
  • Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1)
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
  • Don't Scream
  • At the Stroke of Madness (Maggie O'Dell, #4)
  • Hurricane Bay
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • Pretty Little Things
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se...more
More about Erica Spindler...
See Jane Die Last Known Victim Copycat (Kitt Lundgren, #1) Killer Takes All Bone Cold