Start by marking “All Fall Down” as Want to Read:
All Fall Down

All Fall Down

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  1,493 ratings  ·  77 reviews
Melanie May, a small-town cop hungry for the big time, risks her career to convince a troubled FBI profiler of the identity of a serial killer, only to realize that the profile she's created fits someone in her own life -- and that the killer won't stop...until all fall down.
Published September 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about All Fall Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Fall Down

Red by Erica SpindlerFortune by Erica SpindlerBone Cold by Erica SpindlerCopycat by Erica SpindlerForbidden Fruit by Erica Spindler
Best Of Erica Spindler
8th out of 10 books — 6 voters
The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan PoeEmpire Falls by Richard RussoThings Fall Apart by Chinua AchebeSnow Falling on Cedars by David GutersonFalling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
Falling and Felling
176th out of 188 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Nurse Lisa in Ohio
Title: All Fall Down - free-standing novel.
Author: Erica Spindler
Published: (per March 1, 2000; "Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina--all victims of bizarre accidents. No one will call these deaths 'murder'.".
Genre: fiction, adult fiction, mystery, law enforcement, thriller, murder with a side of romance, some swearing, some adult situations, strong female MC; described as a "psychological thriller" on the author's website.
Read: June 10-14, 2015.
Bev Taylor
murder or justice?

men r dying unexpectedly in charlotte, all victims of bizarre accidents. but melanie may realises these men had something in common - they had all slipped thru the justice system after being accused of abuse against women

melanie has a twin and a fraternity triplet and joins forces with connor, a profiler with the fbi, to try and find the person responsible

then people close to melanie start being affected - is the killer closer to home?

a brilliant read with characters that j
Now this was a chilling, terrifying and engrossing read!

From cover:

"Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina-all victims of bizarre accidents. No one will call these deaths murder.

No one except small-town cop Melanie May. She sees the pattern: a serial killer targeting men who have slipped through the fingers of justice. Alone with her awful certainty, Melanie risks her career to convince Connor Parks, a troubled FBI profiler, that she's right.

Suddenly Melanie is in the limelight,
stella dawson
A Great Read!

I read the book in a day. Did not want to put it down. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I was led in another direction. Time after time. Thoroughly enjoyed and I'll be checking out other books from this book.
Really good mystery/thriller. I have enjoyed all of Erica Spindlers books.

Melanie is the main character who is a police officer in a small town. She starts finding similarities in the deaths of men who have gotten off on technicalities. Kind of like the show Dexter. Some good twists in the story. All in all I really enjoyed this one.
To date, this will be listed as my favorite Erica Spindler title. Plot turns to keep the reader guessing until the very last chapter! Excellent!!
Vicki Tyley
Great from start to finish. Highly recommended.
I gave this one 3.5 stars. This is my first book by Spindler and I read it for a BOTM. I can't really give a synopsis of this book because I feel there is too much going on and I'm afraid of giving away some spoilers. The ending sort of hit me upside the head, I never guessed what was really going on. I actually felt like a part of the ending was so out of the blue that it was hard for me to believe.

I think what I liked most about the book was the character development. Each character had a fles
Another brilliant book by Erica Spindler, she really knows how to keep you guessing. The romance between the lead character and a colleague was a given really from the first time they met. I thought I'd guessed the UNSUB by about half way through but there was a great and unexpected little twist at the end. The only flaw to my mind was the finding of the two skeletons in the water at such a propitious time but other than that a fantastic read if you like crime and murder.
Another great mystery thriller by Erica Spindler. Her books never disappoint. There were a lot of twists and turns and I kept jumping between the three main suspects in trying to figure out who the culprit was. Well written and a quick, enjoyable read. I was slightly disappointed in the ending, but other than that it was great.
Great reading

I had heard that Erica spindler was good. This is the first book of hers I have read and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys suspense
Deborah Pepsak

Fast paced, suspenseful, keep you on the edge-of-your-seat book!! First time I've read this author but will definitely be reading more of her books!
Renée Verdoodt
This was my first encounter with Erica Spindler
Loved it from the first page!!!!
I'm going to give this 5. Since I read it in french I cannot see flaws in the writing so I'm not grading the quality of the writing.
About the book, it was great, the end a little bit predictable to be honest but I spend the entire Monday wishing I was home just to read it!
Jennifer (INnerSANITY)
This book was pretty good... There were so many twists and turns! Really suspenseful! I love how everything came together in the end.. I'm so happy I have all of Erica Spindlers books (well not the very latest one but I got lots to go!!) so I can continue my spree!!
Such a good book! This is the first one of Erica's books I have read, and it was soooo good. Even though I thought I had figured it out, I was surprised at the end. Talk about a twist! I would recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers and suspenseful novels.
This book has very satisfying ending but I found myself contemplating dropping it several times. I enjoyed how many character perspectives are woven together but in hindsight some of these were quite misleading. I found the 'egotistical male' characters and 'patronizing male police officers' characters overdone, especially when played against a capable female police detective always having to prove herself. My biggest problem is the pacing of this book. There are times when much action and story ...more
Marianne Jay
OMG - I loved, loved, loved this book. It was so engrossing. It did keep me guessing - I definitely thought things were going to end differently.

If you like suspense/thriller books - this should be on your must read list.

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Had my suspicions, kept doubting and re-thinking, exactly what a good book should do. Even had a few chuckles!
April Thompson
Holy shit, what did I just read?! The twists are a doozy. Some are easy to spot, but others. Damn. I feel like I've been bamboozled.
This was the first of her books that I read and it got me hooked! Never wanted to put the book down once I got started.
This was a great book. I liked it because it took place in Charlotte AND it was loaded with twists and turns. Great Suspense.
I had previously read this and did not intially realize it. It was so good I read it through a second time!
Time Traveler
another great Spindler book. I would love to see this duo in future books.
Laura Beasley
Good book. First one I have read by her and now I want to read another one.
Shannan Henry
i loved this book. it's probably my favorite by this author.
Really liked this book. Very suspensful and keeps you reading.
Melanie May is a small-town cop with dreams of being bigger, and Connor Parks is an FBI profiler on his way down. They meet investigating the case of a local golden girl, and form a mutual respect. When Melanie discovers a fatal rash of apparent accidents happening to local men, she notices that all of them were abusers and batterers. Connor is the only one who believes her theory that they might have a serial killer on the loose.
This book read like an extended, more intimate and detailed episod
  • Trust Me (Last Stand Series, #1)
  • Black Friday (Maggie O'Dell, #7)
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
  • Hurricane Bay
  • The Last To Know
  • Twisted
  • Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1)
  • I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3)
  • Dead Even (Dead #3)
  • Without Consent
  • Perfectly Pure and Good (Sarah Fortune, #2)
  • Betrayal
  • Slices of Night
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se
More about Erica Spindler...