Start by marking “All Fall Down” as Want to Read:
All Fall Down

All Fall Down

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,686 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Melanie May, a small-town cop hungry for the big time, risks her career to convince a troubled FBI profiler of the identity of a serial killer, only to realize that the profile she's created fits someone in her own life -- and that the killer won't stop...until all fall down.
Published September 1st 2005 by Mira Books (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about All Fall Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Fall Down

Red by Erica SpindlerBone Cold by Erica SpindlerFortune by Erica SpindlerCopycat by Erica SpindlerForbidden Fruit by Erica Spindler
Best Of Erica Spindler
8th out of 10 books — 7 voters
The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales by Edgar Allan PoeEmpire Falls by Richard RussoThings Fall Apart by Chinua AchebeSnow Falling on Cedars by David GutersonFalling Angels by Tracy Chevalier
Falling and Felling
181st out of 193 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

Phrynne
May 28, 2016 Phrynne rated it really liked it
This was my first book by this author and I was impressed. It begins in a fairly normal manner with a small town cop being treated unfairly when a murder occurs in her town. Then however it rapidly develops as it appears not one but two serial killers are busy murdering a variety of victims around the local area. I guessed the murderers twice and was wrong every time - it was that kind of book:) Towards the end the story just romps home and it is unputdownable! I definitely recommend this to any ...more
Nurse Lisa in Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
Title: All Fall Down - free-standing novel.
Author: Erica Spindler
Published: (per www.EricaSpindler.com) March 1, 2000; "Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina--all victims of bizarre accidents. No one will call these deaths 'murder'.".
Genre: fiction, adult fiction, mystery, law enforcement, thriller, murder with a side of romance, some swearing, some adult situations, strong female MC; described as a "psychological thriller" on the author's website.
Read: June 10-14, 2015.
Format:
Bev Taylor
Jun 30, 2015 Bev Taylor rated it it was amazing
murder or justice?

men r dying unexpectedly in charlotte, all victims of bizarre accidents. but melanie may realises these men had something in common - they had all slipped thru the justice system after being accused of abuse against women

melanie has a twin and a fraternity triplet and joins forces with connor, a profiler with the fbi, to try and find the person responsible

then people close to melanie start being affected - is the killer closer to home?

a brilliant read with characters that j
Louise
Apr 04, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing
Now this was a chilling, terrifying and engrossing read!

From cover:

"Men are dying unexpectedly in Charlotte, North Carolina-all victims of bizarre accidents. No one will call these deaths murder.

No one except small-town cop Melanie May. She sees the pattern: a serial killer targeting men who have slipped through the fingers of justice. Alone with her awful certainty, Melanie risks her career to convince Connor Parks, a troubled FBI profiler, that she's right.

Suddenly Melanie is in the limelight,
stella dawson
Mar 10, 2015 stella dawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Great Read!

I read the book in a day. Did not want to put it down. Just when I thought I had everything figured out, I was led in another direction. Time after time. Thoroughly enjoyed and I'll be checking out other books from this book.
Sherri Moorer
Jan 02, 2015 Sherri Moorer rated it it was amazing
A great read!
Kristine
Dec 20, 2015 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Addicting, surprising, nail-biting ride!
Kristi
Jul 23, 2014 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Really good mystery/thriller. I have enjoyed all of Erica Spindlers books.

Melanie is the main character who is a police officer in a small town. She starts finding similarities in the deaths of men who have gotten off on technicalities. Kind of like the show Dexter. Some good twists in the story. All in all I really enjoyed this one.
Ferne
May 27, 2012 Ferne rated it really liked it
To date, this will be listed as my favorite Erica Spindler title. Plot turns to keep the reader guessing until the very last chapter! Excellent!!
April Thompson
Nov 24, 2015 April Thompson rated it really liked it
Holy shit, what did I just read?! The twists are a doozy. Some are easy to spot, but others. Damn. I feel like I've been bamboozled.
Vicki Tyley
Jan 03, 2012 Vicki Tyley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great from start to finish. Highly recommended.
Jess
Jul 05, 2010 Jess rated it liked it
I gave this one 3.5 stars. This is my first book by Spindler and I read it for a BOTM. I can't really give a synopsis of this book because I feel there is too much going on and I'm afraid of giving away some spoilers. The ending sort of hit me upside the head, I never guessed what was really going on. I actually felt like a part of the ending was so out of the blue that it was hard for me to believe.

I think what I liked most about the book was the character development. Each character had a fles
Anne
Sep 12, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crime, mystery
Another brilliant book by Erica Spindler, she really knows how to keep you guessing. The romance between the lead character and a colleague was a given really from the first time they met. I thought I'd guessed the UNSUB by about half way through but there was a great and unexpected little twist at the end. The only flaw to my mind was the finding of the two skeletons in the water at such a propitious time but other than that a fantastic read if you like crime and murder.
Monica
Aug 06, 2016 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5 sterren, nét ietsje minder dan haar andere boeken of boeken die ik met 4 sterren heb gewaardeerd. Maar het was best een goed boek. Soms werden er wel wat grote stappen in tijd genomen (enkele weken later......) en werden niet alle essentiële ontwikkelingen uit die ontbrekende periode uitgediept, maar alleen even tussen neus en lippen vermeld. Het slot en de uiteindelijke ontknoping had ik niet verwacht. Ik zat dus op de verkeerde dader.
Matty
Dec 01, 2014 Matty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbqt, whodunnit, 2014
Another great mystery thriller by Erica Spindler. Her books never disappoint. There were a lot of twists and turns and I kept jumping between the three main suspects in trying to figure out who the culprit was. Well written and a quick, enjoyable read. I was slightly disappointed in the ending, but other than that it was great.
CHRIS HARRISON
Aug 15, 2015 CHRIS HARRISON rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reading

I had heard that Erica spindler was good. This is the first book of hers I have read and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys suspense
Deborah Pepsak
Great

Fast paced, suspenseful, keep you on the edge-of-your-seat book!! First time I've read this author but will definitely be reading more of her books!
Renée Verdoodt
Oct 07, 2015 Renée Verdoodt rated it it was amazing
This was my first encounter with Erica Spindler
Loved it from the first page!!!!
Janet
Feb 15, 2016 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just began this book, never read anything by Erica Spindler before. It starts off well, thus far a good read.

And now the book is finished. This was great, wasn't sure who did it (don't want to give the story plot away), but it is definitely on the list of one of those to read. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Cath
Oct 02, 2012 Cath rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-french
I'm going to give this 5. Since I read it in french I cannot see flaws in the writing so I'm not grading the quality of the writing.
About the book, it was great, the end a little bit predictable to be honest but I spend the entire Monday wishing I was home just to read it!
Jennifer (INnerSANITY)
This book was pretty good... There were so many twists and turns! Really suspenseful! I love how everything came together in the end.. I'm so happy I have all of Erica Spindlers books (well not the very latest one but I got lots to go!!) so I can continue my spree!!
Donna
Aug 03, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! This is the first one of Erica's books I have read, and it was soooo good. Even though I thought I had figured it out, I was surprised at the end. Talk about a twist! I would recommend this to anyone who likes thrillers and suspenseful novels.
Darren
Mar 30, 2014 Darren rated it really liked it
This book has very satisfying ending but I found myself contemplating dropping it several times. I enjoyed how many character perspectives are woven together but in hindsight some of these were quite misleading. I found the 'egotistical male' characters and 'patronizing male police officers' characters overdone, especially when played against a capable female police detective always having to prove herself. My biggest problem is the pacing of this book. There are times when much action and story ...more
Marianne Jay
Dec 20, 2011 Marianne Jay rated it really liked it
OMG - I loved, loved, loved this book. It was so engrossing. It did keep me guessing - I definitely thought things were going to end differently.

If you like suspense/thriller books - this should be on your must read list.
Ashley
Aug 21, 2016 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, thriller, crime
This is the first book I've read by this author and I'll be looking for more, I think. Not a lot of re-read value, which is expected for this genre, but I'm impressed that the possibilities for the whodunit were complex enough that I could justify multiple possibilities up to the last few chapters. That's hard to do and I think the author succeeded by fleshing out the various characters really well. Complex characters and varying viewpoints allows for a more complex plot. Even the surprises were ...more
Aileen
Jul 04, 2012 Aileen rated it really liked it

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Had my suspicions, kept doubting and re-thinking, exactly what a good book should do. Even had a few chuckles!
Kelly
Sep 10, 2008 Kelly rated it it was amazing
This was the first of her books that I read and it got me hooked! Never wanted to put the book down once I got started.
Kellie
Aug 12, 2008 Kellie rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I liked it because it took place in Charlotte AND it was loaded with twists and turns. Great Suspense.
Billie
Apr 02, 2008 Billie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had previously read this and did not intially realize it. It was so good I read it through a second time!
Time Traveler
Mar 17, 2015 Time Traveler rated it really liked it
Shelves: erica-spindler
another great Spindler book. I would love to see this duo in future books.
  • Slices of Night
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
  • The Last To Know
  • On Fire
  • One False Move
  • Shadows on the Mirror (Sarah Fortune, #1)
  • He Could Be the One
  • Angels Passing (DI Joe Faraday, #3)
  • Trust Me (The Last Stand, #1)
  • Forgotten
  • Hurricane Bay
  • Snoops in the City
  • Betrayal
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se
More about Erica Spindler...