Start by marking “Design and Analysis: A Researcher's Handbook” as Want to Read:
Design and Analysis: A Researcher's Handbook

Design and Analysis: A Researcher's Handbook

The fourth edition of Design and Analysis continues to offer a readily accessible introduction to the designed experiment in research and the statistical analysis of the data from such experiments. Unique because it emphasizes the use of analytical procedures, this book is appropriate for all as it requires knowledge of only the most fundamental mathematical skills and l ...more
Hardcover, U.S. Fourth Edition, 624 pages
Published January 31st 2004 by Pearson (first published December 1972)

To ask other readers questions about Design and Analysis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Design and Analysis

Steve
Aug 30, 2009 Steve rated it really liked it
Shelves: statistics
I first came across the 3rd edition of this book, written solely by Geoff Keppel, during the spring semester of 2000. I was taking Dawn McBride's "Experimental Design" class, and this was the text. I enjoyed the class, but was only doing B+/A- work during it, as I was not putting in the time the course deserved and going away every single weekend for the first half of the class and, mostly for interviews for Ph.D. programs. As a result, on the final exam, I was in a situation where I had to get ...more
Amy
Feb 12, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Excellent reference. Sets up the logic for various tests in a comprehensible way that isn't too mathematical.
Kamyar
Mar 05, 2007 Kamyar rated it it was amazing
A very interesting and easy-to-read book for those who work with different types of univariate analysis of variance (ANOVA). I believe reading and working through this book is a must for those who are doing research in the field of humanities.

Although the authors tried to cover some basic statistical concepts briefly; reading this book requires basic knowledge about hypothesis testing, and experimental design.
Erin
May 29, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
My favorite statistical text -- Keppel presents the basic concepts of experimental design and Analysis of Variance in a straightforward, readable, and accessible manner. Unfortunately, this text doesn't branch out much beyond ANOVA models.
Nathan
Feb 20, 2008 Nathan rated it really liked it
Essentially this book reviews all relevant ANOVA-based analyses encompassed within the General Linear Model. It's an excellent reference when trying to fit your variables into an appropriate statistical model.
Rusty
May 29, 2010 Rusty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: education
This is a textbook used in a graduate class in statistics I took at Kansas State University. Book is in like new condition complete with dustcover but does have highlighting.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2016
Justin L Golub
Justin L Golub rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Subhajit Chakraborty
Subhajit Chakraborty rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Bryan
Bryan added it
Jun 20, 2016
Crosbi
Crosbi added it
Jun 07, 2016
Elina Zhao
Elina Zhao marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Daniel Little
Daniel Little rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
May Y
May Y is currently reading it
Mar 10, 2016
Iiona
Iiona marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Ariel Wang
Ariel Wang marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Lycia
Lycia marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
其原 吴
其原 吴 marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Greta Aronson
Greta Aronson rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016
Mohamed
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Kishan Salian
Kishan Salian marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Xiaoting Kuang
Xiaoting Kuang rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2015
Charon
Charon marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Christina Yother
Christina Yother rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »