Start by marking “I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art” as Want to Read:
I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Published October 27th 1993 by Harper Teen (first published October 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Two Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Two Eyes

Hope L. Justice
I think this book is underrated and quite lovely. There are a few board books that do and I spy sort of theme in art, however this is large and the pictures are large enough to study. Early introduction to art is important and the numbers encourage close inspection. It also gives children something to do at museums and teaches them that art is accessible. This game can be played in any art setting and it encourages parents to understand that children have a place in that world as well.
Rebecca
Goodreads description: "A clever introduction to the world of fine art. Using the traditional 'I spy with my little eye' rhyme, the book asks readers to find the numbered details in each of 20 works of art. From 1 fly in Portrait of a Woman of the Hofer Family...to 20 angels in Botticelli's 'Mystic Nativity, ' Children can study a wide variety of styles, periods, and techniques."
Alayna Canada
This is an interesting counting book. It teaches children how to count but also introduces them to the world of art. The book also makes it fun for children to read because they make it into an "I spy" game which makes the child interact with the book and really look at the pictures.
Erica
My kids got tired of the number aspect after 12. They did, however, continue to inspect the paintings for random details, like "the giant, nasty bug" in the painting with the 18 cherries. They were also intrigued by the different works featuring Mary and Jesus.
Trang
Mar 19, 2012 Trang rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: math
-Great for counting
-Allows children to see numbers within art
-uses real pieces of art by famous artists
-I would use this to integrate art with math and allow my students to create a piece of artwork that has some amount or number in it.
Sherri
Nicely done. The numbers encourage a little picture study as the kids try to find all the items in the paintings.
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Brie
Brie added it
May 07, 2015
Kristi
Kristi added it
Apr 11, 2015
KMan
KMan marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Mirissa Foust
Mirissa Foust marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Tin Aye
Tin Aye marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words I Spy: An Alphabet in Art I Spy Shapes in Art I Spy Colors in Art A Child's Book of Play in Art