I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A clever introduction to the world of fine art. Using the traditional 'I spy with my little eye' rhyme, the book asks readers to find the numbered details in each of 20 works of art. From 1 fly in Portrait of a Woman of the Hofer Family...to 20 angels in Botticelli's 'Mystic Nativity, ' Children can study a wide variety of styles, periods, and techniques.
Published October 27th 1993 by Harper Teen (first published October 1st 1993)

Alayna Canada
This is an interesting counting book. It teaches children how to count but also introduces them to the world of art. The book also makes it fun for children to read because they make it into an "I spy" game which makes the child interact with the book and really look at the pictures.
Erica
My kids got tired of the number aspect after 12. They did, however, continue to inspect the paintings for random details, like "the giant, nasty bug" in the painting with the 18 cherries. They were also intrigued by the different works featuring Mary and Jesus.
Trang
Mar 19, 2012 Trang rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: math
-Great for counting
-Allows children to see numbers within art
-uses real pieces of art by famous artists
-I would use this to integrate art with math and allow my students to create a piece of artwork that has some amount or number in it.
Sherri
Nicely done. The numbers encourage a little picture study as the kids try to find all the items in the paintings.
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Kelly O'brien
Kelly O'brien marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Whitney Longacre
Whitney Longacre marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Ian
Ian added it
Dec 22, 2012
A Child's Book of Art: Great Pictures First Words I Spy: An Alphabet in Art I Spy Shapes in Art I Spy Colors in Art A Child's Book of Play in Art