Start by marking “I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art” as Want to Read:
I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

I Spy Two Eyes: Numbers in Art

Published October 27th 1993 by Harper Teen (first published October 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about I Spy Two Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy Two Eyes

Hope L. Justice
Dec 22, 2014 Hope L. Justice rated it it was amazing
I think this book is underrated and quite lovely. There are a few board books that do and I spy sort of theme in art, however this is large and the pictures are large enough to study. Early introduction to art is important and the numbers encourage close inspection. It also gives children something to do at museums and teaches them that art is accessible. This game can be played in any art setting and it encourages parents to understand that children have a place in that world as well.
Rebecca
Goodreads description: "A clever introduction to the world of fine art. Using the traditional 'I spy with my little eye' rhyme, the book asks readers to find the numbered details in each of 20 works of art. From 1 fly in Portrait of a Woman of the Hofer Family...to 20 angels in Botticelli's 'Mystic Nativity, ' Children can study a wide variety of styles, periods, and techniques."
Hector Gutierrez
Feb 16, 2016 Hector Gutierrez rated it really liked it
I would incorporate this book in my class to help students with counting, using a projector and having them spy and find the things described on the pages. I would also talk to them about the art pieces in the book so they can learn about the world and Art.
Alayna Canada
Mar 02, 2010 Alayna Canada rated it really liked it
This is an interesting counting book. It teaches children how to count but also introduces them to the world of art. The book also makes it fun for children to read because they make it into an "I spy" game which makes the child interact with the book and really look at the pictures.
Erica
My kids got tired of the number aspect after 12. They did, however, continue to inspect the paintings for random details, like "the giant, nasty bug" in the painting with the 18 cherries. They were also intrigued by the different works featuring Mary and Jesus.
Trang
Mar 19, 2012 Trang rated it liked it
Shelves: math
-Great for counting
-Allows children to see numbers within art
-uses real pieces of art by famous artists
-I would use this to integrate art with math and allow my students to create a piece of artwork that has some amount or number in it.
Audrey's Picture Books
Mar 28, 2016 Audrey's Picture Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: concept-books, art
I really like this, both as a counting book and as an art book. My one complaint is that the pictures are too small. There is a lot of white space on all of the pages, and I think that really detracts from some of the works of art that are included. Still, It's a great children's art book.
Sherri
Nov 02, 2013 Sherri rated it really liked it
Nicely done. The numbers encourage a little picture study as the kids try to find all the items in the paintings.
Michelle Reeder
Michelle Reeder rated it really liked it
May 30, 2014
Sarah May
Sarah May rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Heather Fineisen
Heather Fineisen rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Angelica
Angelica rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2013
Eric Coulbourne
Eric Coulbourne rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Julie Flake
Julie Flake rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Laura Z
Laura Z rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Beyond the Pages
Beyond the Pages rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Tori
Tori rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2008
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Mahdiye Fateh
Mahdiye Fateh rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2014
Sarah Sloan
Sarah Sloan rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Megan Marvel
Megan Marvel rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Joanna Emasu
Joanna Emasu rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2013
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Christine Turner
Christine Turner rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2009