A Year of Questions: How to Slow Down and Fall in Love with Life

A Year of Questions: How to Slow Down and Fall in Love with Life

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
How often do you find the space to keep track of yourself? Which relationships in your life help you to take risks? What is it like for you to spend time alone or 'doing less'? What do you need right now? This book is full of questions. These questions will nudge you towards parts of yourself that you haven't seen in a while, and open up the opportunity for you to do thing...more
Published August 30th 2007 by Lulu Press

Russ Biaggi
I really enjoyed this book. It reminded of a university class I took called the the Psych. of Personal Growth w/Journal Writing. The questions and action plans after each section are great and it is easy to get lost in your thoughts. Funny how even a quote can send your mind spinning in all directions.

At times I felt like this book was a conversation between to long and close friends who have walked a similar path in life.

I was once the sand

who became the path of dreams

wearing new flip-flops

Than...more
Sofluid
I'm a huge fan of Fiona's novels and her blog entries, which are always very truthful and honest in their reflections of problems and issues we face every day. Reading her novels or her blogs are like taking a dip in a cool lake on a really groggy hot day and feeling a surge of comfort.

What I particularly like about A Year of Questions is how each weekly offering is concise yet eloquent. Each is structured with a personal story from Fiona's own experiences to explain her ideas about life, furthe...more
Snapefan4Life
A Year of Questions: How to Slow Down and Fall in Love with Life is a fantastic book -- although the author comes from a distinct spiritual background (which is very different from mine), she is brilliant at ensuring it isn't the centerpiece of the book -- it complements her writing but doesn't intrude and so the book allows for everyone to be able to use it.

What I deeply appreciated was the fact that you can dip into it from time to time (it is divided by season) or you can read it all at once...more
Ilonka Bruce
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.
I really enjoyed this book and read it from front to back although you can read it any number of ways - through the seasons or just by randomly picking a week.
I loved the quotes throughout the book and how easy it was to read.
I will be coming back to this book again and again as it is so inspirational.
Harley
This book grew on me. Designed to be read over 52 weeks and motivate you to think about your life. Great quotes. I enjoyed the author sharing her personal struggles and inspiring me to think about my own life. Read this one.
Bethany
Bethany is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Shelley Theman
Shelley Theman marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
estonia
estonia marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Denise
Denise is currently reading it
May 10, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Y.L. Lael
Y.L. Lael marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Shaz Goodwin
Shaz Goodwin marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Kirsty Stanley
Kirsty Stanley marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Rich Schefren
Rich Schefren marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Zoe Miller
Zoe Miller marked it as to-read
May 14, 2013
Jeanne
Jeanne is currently reading it
May 12, 2013
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Deborah Stelling
Deborah Stelling marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2013
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Diana Alexander
Diana Alexander marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Satya Robyn is a novelist living in Malvern, the UK. She wrote the best-selling 'The Most Beautiful Thing'. Her new novel is 'Afterwards' is out now. Her author site is here.

She founded Writing Our Way Home with her husband Kaspa and their mission is to help people connect with the world through writing.

She posts a short piece of observational writing called a small stone daily at a small stone....more
More about Satya Robyn...
The Most Beautiful Thing Small Kindnesses Thaw Blue Handbag The Letters