Start by marking “Highland Moonlight” as Want to Read:
Highland Moonlight

Highland Moonlight

Seduced and shamed by Alexander Campbell, the warrior to whom she is betrothed, Lady Mary Mac Lachlan flees to the Campbell stronghold of Castle Lorne and demands sanctuary from Alexander's father.

Though Alexander seduced Mary for her own protection and his men's, his actions have greater repercussions than expected. His betrayal destroys Mary's trust and his belief in him
Published May 1st 2007 by Wild Rose Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Moonlight

KatieV
Pretty good, but honestly my attention began to wane a bit about halfway through. If you like betrayal and heroes who have to make amends, this is worth a read.

Mary and Alexander are members of rival clans in medieval Scotland. Mary is betrothed to Alexander in the hopes of an alliance. Their first meeting and courtship occur before the events of the book and I wish I'd have seen more of that, particularly the betrayal scene.

We're told that Mary had fallen in love with her betrothed and felt he
Karen
Apr 11, 2010 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Scottish Romance fans
I really did enjoy this book, the first I have read of this author. I really felt a connection with the characters, and not just the two main characters, but minor characters as well.
There was no lesson in history to be had, but I really enjoyed some of the little bits and pieces included that gave in insight into what some of the everyday rituals and traditions of that particular era in Scotland were like.
I did feel the book was a little slow at times, and felt a little disappointment at the en
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Sep 21, 2011 Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥ by: Karen
I believe I made the right decision in purchasing this book after reading good review from Karen.

This is the first Teresa J Reasor that I have read and it is truly wonderful. You fall in love with Alexander and Mary and smiling at Duncan’s sweet-humor words. You will cry, sigh, and laugh but you will not put this book done until you reach the last page.

There were often spelling mistakes, but it doesn’t stop me from reading. I am utterly happy with this book, and would recommend it.
Zoe
Dec 31, 2016 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am surprised how much I enjoyed this book, especially the first 60%. I like the cover and the title too.

This is the first book I read in 2017, finished it at 3am. This writer is new to me and I did not know what to expect. Surprisingly it was very easy for me to get into the story, even though what the hero did was kind of hard to stomach.

When the book begins the horrendous act had been done: to secure the safety of his men, peace and a fragile alliance, Alexander had done the unthinkable: he
TJ
Dec 26, 2009 TJ rated it really liked it
This is really a 3.5 star (3 being a little stingy, 4 being a little generous.) There are some very good points in this book and some very bad ones, not much in-between. The good is the incredible depth and feeling Reasor uses when exploring the feelings and actions of both Alexander and Mary. Alexander, as he deals with the guilt and regret of "ruining" Mary, which leaves her pregnant and forced into marriage, and his resolve to win back her trust and her love. Mary, while dealing with her own ...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm not sure why but I just had a hard time getting through this one. I think it was because I wasn't really in the mood for a historical romance. I didn't connect with the characters in the story and the plot was just so-so for me. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
Daneesha
Sep 23, 2012 Daneesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: highlanders
Just call me a reading machine. I read this book in one day. I really enjoyed it. There's something about a hot bodied Highlander that always draws me in.

When the story begins, the heroine is already deflowered and is pregnant! GASP! Apparently, the hero "betrayed" her and she hates him desperately.

So begins 100 pages or so of the hunky, tawny-eyed hero begging and scraping for her forgiveness. I like that he drew the line at certain points and made the heroine realize that she needed to meet h
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Recommended to me by fellow blogger mad4rombks. A sweet yet poignant historical romance about a young woman who is forced to marry the Laird who shamed her and now they both struggle to make the marriage work. Just loved. Watching Mary struggle to forgive Alexander while watching Alex struggle against the guilt he feels for his previous actions made for an engaging storyline. Humor, action, a taunt plot line, and various sundries make Teresa Reasor an author I plan on reading more of.
SheLove2Read
Apr 16, 2009 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2011
DNF. About half of the book was all I could take of the characters.
Lori Greenlee
So.so

Wanted to read a simple love story and it was simple. Makes you crave good books. And it has the warrior theme ...
Emmy
Jan 24, 2012 Emmy rated it really liked it
Shelves: scotland, medieval
I think almost all of the reviews here are pretty spot on already so I won't elaborate too much.

This story was very touching at times with the hero trying to earn back a trust he lost and the heroine overcoming feelings of shame and betrayal and learning to trust again. It was very emotive and it explored what they were both feeling.

The story immediately draws you in with the action, dragged a teeny tiny bit in the middle and then finished with this over the top ending that was pretty unbeliev
Audrey
Jun 04, 2015 Audrey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story

I enjoy the story. And the characters, but not as much a I expected to do.
I found there was less passion and less romanticism between those characters than in the books of the military romance serie with the first book "breaking free".
I like the plot story here, the unfold. But it felt short at the end. And wished for more. I was waiting for more passion, and feeling way more emotions as I was getting used to with the author's other books.
So I have been a bit disappointed.
I was very we
Camille
May 27, 2014 Camille rated it really liked it
I loved the whole premise of the story where the heroine has already been dishonored and pregnant by the time the story starts. It was a treat to read how the h/H deal with the feelings that they already have and will develop along the way. I liked the concept of the main characters with Mary being a strong, independent woman but not subjected to bitchiness that often follows to some authors mind and the hero, Alexander, is a strong alpha male with a tendency to become an asshole WHICH I think a ...more
Debra
Nov 08, 2013 Debra rated it it was amazing
After suffering through a few really bad books lately, I went back through my archieves in Kindle and found this book that I had read a long time ago. It sucked me right in just like it had done before.

Alexander Campbell, a scottish warrior, seduces Lady Mary and releases the evidence of their tryst, so that all might see. She is mortified, suddenly pregnant, and detested by her own father. He insists she must marry the man of his choice, until Alexander claims Mary for his wife.

This is one of t
SilverDezz
Oct 13, 2012 SilverDezz rated it liked it
Another strong heroine that doesn't forgive easily... and shows how it take time to reconcile a relationship. I enjoy it as it shows that pretty words or gentle kiss cannot erase the error the hero's wrongdoing. It takes time & action to understand each other and see the truth of it.

...(view spoiler)
Robin
Feb 04, 2011 Robin rated it really liked it
If you like Hannah Howell, you probably enjoy this book. The main characters played off each other well and the secondary characters were strong enough where you would want to hear their story too!. I did feel the story peaked a little too soon for the ending was a bit flat. I look forward to her next book.
GingerOrange
Jun 30, 2015 GingerOrange rated it really liked it
Romance: 3.5
Steaminess:3.5
Action/suspense:3.5
Overall:3.5

I really liked this book and it's not often that I like it as much as a contemporary romance but I do. Alexander was really sweet and Mary was a great character. I like that she wasn't as petty or stubbornly Stupid as most heroines in historical romances.

this was such a sweet and romantic read.
Maddie James
Nov 23, 2008 Maddie James rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book! Once I started I couldn't stop. I love the descriptions and felt like I was right there along with the characters every step of the way! Teresa Reasor is a master at historical romance.
Sheryl Browne
Apr 27, 2008 Sheryl Browne rated it it was amazing
Another hoiday read, this also had me riveted. It amazed me how Ms Reasor managed to tell this story of a clash of the clans in atmospheric Scotland with accuracy, passion, and warm humour. I loved it.
Mary L.
Jan 19, 2013 Mary L. rated it really liked it
Nice, angsty book with a strong h. While I felt the H/h characters were well drawn and developed over the book nicely, the antagonists were more static and flatly drawn. It is a challenge that many writer fail, to have antagonists that are crafted as carefully as the H/h.
Kristina
Nov 20, 2012 Kristina rated it liked it
The beginning was different and captivating, the middle was slow, and the ending was gripping. Quick, but gripping. 3.5 stars
April Dinucci
Aug 10, 2009 April Dinucci rated it liked it
good pure, scottish romance, not much plot or storyline but a pleasant no brainer to read. The characters were likable and the story predictable but I still wanted to get to the end.
Shantie
Oct 26, 2014 Shantie rated it it was amazing
great book!
Florencia
Jun 02, 2015 Florencia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story!

The story was captivating with the right amount of intrigue and suspense. Two people trying to trust each other amongst lies and deceit .
Val
Feb 07, 2014 Val rated it really liked it
Shelves: fav-highlanders
I thought this story was very good I really liked it have read it twice and will read it again. I wil read other books by her
HR readsNstuff
Reminded me of the old Julie Garwoods...

Not over the top with scottish brogue which was a huge relief too!
Gerri
Jan 24, 2008 Gerri rated it it was amazing
I recently re-read this book, and found it better the second time. Strong characters, interesting plot and believable actions and outcome. I highly recommend this book.
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2011
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Mary E
Mary E rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2014
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • Dark Wager
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Highlander Reborn
  • The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes, #1) (Irish Eyes Duo, #1)
  • The Legend (Torridon, #1)
  • The Counterfeit Marriage
  • The Wedding Vow
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • Courting His Countess
  • To Honor (R&R, #1)
  • Wild Burn (Wild State, #1)
  • The Christmas Knight
  • Forever (Eternity, #1)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Teresa Reasor was born in Southeastern Kentucky, but grew up a Marine Corps brat. The love of reading instilled in her in Kindergarten at Parris Island, South Carolina made books her friends during the many transfers her father's military career entailed. The transition from reading to writing came easily to her and she penned her first book in secon ...more
More about Teresa J. Reasor...