Highland Moonlight

Highland Moonlight

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Seduced and shamed by Alexander Campbell, the warrior to whom she is betrothed, Lady Mary Mac Lachlan flees to the Campbell stronghold of Castle Lorne and demands sanctuary from Alexander's father.

Though Alexander seduced Mary for her own protection and his men's, his actions have greater repercussions than expected. His betrayal destroys Mary's trust and his belief in him...more
Published May 1st 2007 by The Wild Rose Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Moonlight

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsNobody Loves a Bigfoot Like a Bigfoot Babe by Simon OkillGood Omens by Terry PratchettInsufficient Mating Material by Rowena CherryThe Invasion of Falgannon Isle by Deborah MacGillivray
Humor is the Best Medicine
382nd out of 460 books — 369 voters
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth PfefferThe Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth PfefferThis World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonDead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Books with Moons on the Cover
280th out of 345 books — 120 voters

More lists with this book...

Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
I believe I made the right decision in purchasing this book after reading good review from Karen.

This is the first Teresa J Reasor that I have read and it is truly wonderful. You fall in love with Alexander and Mary and smiling at Duncan’s sweet-humor words. You will cry, sigh, and laugh but you will not put this book done until you reach the last page.

There were often spelling mistakes, but it doesn’t stop me from reading. I am utterly happy with this book, and would recommend it.
Karen
Nov 29, 2010 Karen rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Scottish Romance fans
I really did enjoy this book, the first I have read of this author. I really felt a connection with the characters, and not just the two main characters, but minor characters as well.
There was no lesson in history to be had, but I really enjoyed some of the little bits and pieces included that gave in insight into what some of the everyday rituals and traditions of that particular era in Scotland were like.
I did feel the book was a little slow at times, and felt a little disappointment at the en...more
TJ
This is really a 3.5 star (3 being a little stingy, 4 being a little generous.) There are some very good points in this book and some very bad ones, not much in-between. The good is the incredible depth and feeling Reasor uses when exploring the feelings and actions of both Alexander and Mary. Alexander, as he deals with the guilt and regret of "ruining" Mary, which leaves her pregnant and forced into marriage, and his resolve to win back her trust and her love. Mary, while dealing with her own...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
I'm not sure why but I just had a hard time getting through this one. I think it was because I wasn't really in the mood for a historical romance. I didn't connect with the characters in the story and the plot was just so-so for me. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.
Daneesha
Just call me a reading machine. I read this book in one day. I really enjoyed it. There's something about a hot bodied Highlander that always draws me in.

When the story begins, the heroine is already deflowered and is pregnant! GASP! Apparently, the hero "betrayed" her and she hates him desperately.

So begins 100 pages or so of the hunky, tawny-eyed hero begging and scraping for her forgiveness. I like that he drew the line at certain points and made the heroine realize that she needed to meet h...more
smexys_sidekick (Tori-Smexybooks)
Recommended to me by fellow blogger mad4rombks. A sweet yet poignant historical romance about a young woman who is forced to marry the Laird who shamed her and now they both struggle to make the marriage work. Just loved. Watching Mary struggle to forgive Alexander while watching Alex struggle against the guilt he feels for his previous actions made for an engaging storyline. Humor, action, a taunt plot line, and various sundries make Teresa Reasor an author I plan on reading more of.
Camille
I loved the whole premise of the story where the heroine has already been dishonored and pregnant by the time the story starts. It was a treat to read how the h/H deal with the feelings that they already have and will develop along the way. I liked the concept of the main characters with Mary being a strong, independent woman but not subjected to bitchiness that often follows to some authors mind and the hero, Alexander, is a strong alpha male with a tendency to become an asshole WHICH I think a...more
SheLove2Read
DNF. About half of the book was all I could take of the characters.
Emmy
I think almost all of the reviews here are pretty spot on already so I won't elaborate too much.

This story was very touching at times with the hero trying to earn back a trust he lost and the heroine overcoming feelings of shame and betrayal and learning to trust again. It was very emotive and it explored what they were both feeling.

The story immediately draws you in with the action, dragged a teeny tiny bit in the middle and then finished with this over the top ending that was pretty unbeliev...more
Brenda
After suffering through a few really bad books lately, I went back through my archieves in Kindle and found this book that I had read a long time ago. It sucked me right in just like it had done before.

Alexander Campbell, a scottish warrior, seduces Lady Mary and releases the evidence of their tryst, so that all might see. She is mortified, suddenly pregnant, and detested by her own father. He insists she must marry the man of his choice, until Alexander claims Mary for his wife.

This is one of t...more
Val
I thought this story was very good I really liked it have read it twice and will read it again. I wil read other books by her
SilverDezz
Another strong heroine that doesn't forgive easily... and shows how it take time to reconcile a relationship. I enjoy it as it shows that pretty words or gentle kiss cannot erase the error the hero's wrongdoing. It takes time & action to understand each other and see the truth of it.

...(view spoiler)...more
Robin
If you like Hannah Howell, you probably enjoy this book. The main characters played off each other well and the secondary characters were strong enough where you would want to hear their story too!. I did feel the story peaked a little too soon for the ending was a bit flat. I look forward to her next book.
Mary L.
Nice, angsty book with a strong h. While I felt the H/h characters were well drawn and developed over the book nicely, the antagonists were more static and flatly drawn. It is a challenge that many writer fail, to have antagonists that are crafted as carefully as the H/h.
Sheryl Browne
Another hoiday read, this also had me riveted. It amazed me how Ms Reasor managed to tell this story of a clash of the clans in atmospheric Scotland with accuracy, passion, and warm humour. I loved it.
Maddie James
Wonderful book! Once I started I couldn't stop. I love the descriptions and felt like I was right there along with the characters every step of the way! Teresa Reasor is a master at historical romance.
April Dinucci
good pure, scottish romance, not much plot or storyline but a pleasant no brainer to read. The characters were likable and the story predictable but I still wanted to get to the end.
Gerri
I recently re-read this book, and found it better the second time. Strong characters, interesting plot and believable actions and outcome. I highly recommend this book.
Kristina
The beginning was different and captivating, the middle was slow, and the ending was gripping. Quick, but gripping. 3.5 stars
HR readsNstuff
Reminded me of the old Julie Garwoods...

Not over the top with scottish brogue which was a huge relief too!
Tamela Quijas
Excellent novel. Striking and vivid imagery and a compelling story.
Bonnie
Just read it to pass the time... good story.
Astrid
Astrid marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Sep 07, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
  • Tempted by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #3)
  • Highland Captive (Sisters by Choice, #1)
  • Under the Highlander's Spell (Sinclare Brothers, #2)
  • Secrets To Seducing A Scot (Highland Knaves, #1)
  • The Legend (Torridon, #1)
  • My Wild Highlander (Highland Adventure #2)
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • His Woman (MacGruder Brothers, #2)
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • Highland Rake (The Highlanders, #3)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • Beloved Highlander
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • Response
  • A Borrowed Scot (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #3)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • The Scotsman
I'm a writer, an artist, a teacher and I also sing.

I've retired from my job as an art teacher after 21and a half years. But I'm still a part time college professor at Eastern Kentucky University.

I am writing full time and loving it!!

My Medieval Romance, HIGHLAND MOONLIGHT and my Regency Romance, CAPTIVE HEARTS have been re-released with major editing and rewrites. They are now available from Ama...more
More about Teresa J. Reasor...
Breaking Free (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #1) Breaking Through (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #2) Breaking Away (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #3) To Capture A Highlander's Heart: The Beginning Malice, Mischief & Men