Start by marking “See How She Dies” as Want to Read:
See How She Dies

See How She Dies

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,834 ratings  ·  61 reviews
London Danvers was kidnapped as a child from her wealthy family. Over the years, many women have claimed to be the long-lost heiress. Now Adria Nash has arrived in Oregon, claiming to be London - but she's different. She knows personal details only London could have known. And there is someone who does believe her . . . who is watching her every move, waiting to see how sh ...more
Published August 1st 2004 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about See How She Dies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See How She Dies

Barbara ★
The fact that the hero (yeah right) had sex with his step mother just grossed me out. The added fact that he also knowingly had sex with his step-sister (same father) was just too much for me. I just couldn't get past the yuck factor though the author tried to get past this fact in the last chapter. LAME!!!

And don't even get me started on Nelson, Jason and Trisha. What a bunch of money-grubbing assholes. Not a likable on in the entire bunch. They got exactly what they deserved though twenty year
MuchAdo
Alasandra Alawine
Possibly one of the stupidest plots ever. Adria Nash shows up claiming to be London Danvers who was kidnapped from her very wealth family as a child.

Her half-siblings of course are convinced she is yet another fake even though she bears a strong resemblance to their Step-Mother Kat. Jason (the eldest) hires a private detective to dig up dirt on Adria and uncover the truth. And Zach and Adria fall deeply in love with each other, which is sickening since Adria is suppose to be his HALF-SISTER.

No D
Peggy
I really liked it you got Andria tneli, girl taken at age 4 froma very wealthey family.
Now 20 years later she returns to clam her birth right.
Only to fall in love with her half broutner.
The big mystry is hopig one of them is not realted.
There is mystry here and some who done it.
Zac and Andra do find there answer and it an't like you think.
Ver very good book I loved it from the frist page.

1/279/2013
Erin
I give Lisa Jackson props for not only revisiting her first romantic susepense( originally titled as "Treasures") but revising it. Most authors once they hit a bestselling streak tend to re-release their first novels without fixing the rookie mistakes. The suspense was top notch and I kept turning pages to see who was the killer because there was no shortage of good suspects.

The STUMBLING BLOCK in the storyline for me was that Adria and Zach spent way too much time fantasizing about getting in
Ashlyn
The plot of See How She Dies was okay, in the sense that it was able to keep me reading to find out who was the one who kidnapped London and who killed Kat. The story ended well, though the it lacked suspense and was quite predictable.

The romance was just disgusting. The teenage Zach sleeping with his stepmother already was gross enough. He even went on with Adria, even though they both knew that there was a chance they could be half-siblings. I just couldn't keep rolling my eyes at the both of
Tanya
WOW...What a great book! I was a little grossed out by the relationship of the main character and her interest, but since it happened more towards the end of the book, there was no way I was going ti stop reading it! =)
Lillian
just okay story. I am annoyed by all the typos, though - don't authors have editors and proof readers anymore?
Kerri
Nov 20, 2011 Kerri added it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: didn-t-like-it
I just finished reading this umm *what is the polite way to say effing disgusting sh##* incestuous filth. Hey I'll take a good old erotic romance any day but no I cannot take a book where the main love story is whether these almost definitely legal brother and sister (though perhaps not blood related) should give into baser urges. Hold on one sec while I puke.
....
.....
......
Er right, where was I? FAMILY RELATIONS HAVING RELATIONS IS WRONG!!!!

I don't wanna go miss manners on your ass but come o
Rachel Kovacs
While Lisa Jackson does a great job at creating sympathy for even her antagonists through point-of-view insights and emotions, the book contained too much fantasizing between the two main characters about how they would be in bed. As a reader, I want action. In the case of a romance, I want to see the characters work through those subtle advances of allowing a compliment, allowing closeness, allowing touch, etc.

The novel was somewhat predictable, even with the twist of who the real father is in
Kinsey
Joyce McKune
Remake of an old romance into a new romantic thriller. Adria was trying to find out if she was the kidnapped daughter of a very rich family. Nobody else wanted her to be the lost little girl of the 2nd wife now that dad was dead and had left half his fortune to her if she were ever found. The other siblings would only get it if proof of her death was found.
Tracie Windenburg
Love it

Well done! Lisa keeps me wondering and intrigued. Also not much jumping around, like some authors. Fast read, and will enjoy more of her books.
Jess
I haven't read much by this author, and I've had this book for awhile so I decided to give it a try. I did like the suspense and parts of the romance freaked me out a bit but the mystery was really interesting and kept me reading. It was also a really quick read and only took me a few days to get through.

One annoying thing, the book was written in different parts, and the parts alternated between past and present. That just bothered me. I didn't like having to switch back and forth but I underst
Jenn
Really enjoyed this story. Although the 2 main characters and the romance was predictable, it had a taboo forbidden aspect. Always have been a fan of Lisa Jackson and once again she doesn't dissapoint. The suspense and plot were great!
Sharon
Not only was the pace way too slow, the plot lines were very predictable. I kept expecting some twists and turns but they never materialized. Not up to the standard I've come to expect from Lisa Jackson.
Ainhoa de Alberto
El secreto familiar resulta excelente, ya que está muy bien narrado y la autora hila bastante fino todas las relaciones de sus personajes, que no son pocos. Sin embargo, no me gusta nada como novela romántica.

Reseña completa:
Amanda Pfeifer
Jan 15, 2008 Amanda Pfeifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance readers
I was recommended this book because I love to read suspense books, with a touch of romance.

This book was definitely more romance than suspense. And the "who's the bad guy?" question is predictable. As a suspense book I would give it only 2 stars. But I do enjoy romance novels every once and a while, and it was ok as a romance novel.

This is Lisa Jacksons first romance suspense book, revised, (as it says on the back of the cover) I won't dismiss this author. I shall look for more recent copies of
Jorran
Cannot finish this book.
Joan
Deus ex machina saves the day.
Cindi
Not great, in my opinion. The "bad guy" was too predictable. I had that figured out really early on in the book. The love story was a little much for me. Granted, everything worked out in the end but throughout the entire book, I was thinking Ew! I have only read a few of her books. Thankfully I read the others before I read this one. Otherwise, I would have given up on Lisa Jackson and would have never read the others, which are really good.
Kellyt
Mar 18, 2014 Kellyt added it
Glad I'm done - too drawn out, but good
Joanne
London Danvers was kidnapped from a wealthy family as a child. During the past 20 yrs many women have shown up claiming to be the long-lost London but Adria Nash who shows up claiming to be the heiress is different. She tries to prove her identity to the family and apparently someone believes that she is London because they are trying to kill her.
Océano de libros
En resumen, un libro con sustancia que contiene un romance muy peligroso, buenos diálogos, intriga, suspense a más no poder, asesinatos, tramas retorcidas, y un final bien llevado que me agradaron bastante y que más no se puede pedir.

Si quieres leer la reseña visita:http://oceanodelibros.blogspot.com.es...
Kristin
Rangiert ganz hoch in der Liste der beschissensten Bücher, die ich je gelesen habe. Dumme Geschichte, ekelhaft unsympathische und flache Charaktere, die an nichts anderes denken als ans Vögeln, miserabler Schreibstil und noch dazu aberdutzende Tippfehler. Wieso wird sowas nur veröffentlicht?
Laurie
There was a "Yuck" factor that was difficult to ignore though most of this story. I had the villains figured out very early on in the story so there was no suspense during the story. There was also a lot of gratuitous sex that did not add anything to the plot so that was disappointing.
Rosemary
Jun 18, 2012 Rosemary added it
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Rosemary by: noone
I think I don't want to read it. I downloaded it from the library, but it didn't grab me. I think I need to have a real book in my hand, so I can look through it to see if it's any good. I'm on the way to the library to put my hands on some pages:)
  • The Chosen
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)
  • Unseen
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2)
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • The Kill (Predator Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead Before Dark
  • Haunting Rachel
Lisa Jackson and her sister, Nancy Bush, grew up in a small timber town in Oregon. She attended Oregon State University and later worked in the banking industry.
In 1983, Jackson's first novel, A Twist of Fate, was published by Silhouette Books. Currently, Jackson writes contemporary romantic suspense novels for Kensington Books and medieval romantic suspense novels for Onyx Books. Her books regul
More about Lisa Jackson...
Absolute Fear (New Orleans, #4) Malice (New Orleans, #6) Almost Dead (San Francisco, #2) Chosen To Die (To Die, #2) Left To Die (To Die, #1)