Start by marking “Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom” as Want to Read:
Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom

Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom

In dramatic commentary, Indoctrination U. unveils the intellectual corruption of American universities by faculty activists who have turned America's classrooms into indoctrination centers for their political causes. It describes how academic radicals with little regard for professional standards or the pluralistic foundations of American society have created an ideologica ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by Encounter Books

To ask other readers questions about Indoctrination U, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indoctrination U

Manuel B
Good book. Kind of anecdotal.

Horowitz writes about the aftermath of his Academic Freedom campaign and its effects. He explains why courses must be taught in a non-partisan and non-sectarian to seed the minds of new students into critical thought and the pursuit of knowledge in an independent fashion.

One of the more interesting facts, I got from this book is that there are many academics teaching in courses they are not qualified to teach. How these teachers found themselves teaching and writing
Aug 03, 2013 Theresa rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book because I agree the university is a place where students should be free to learn the facts and hear all points of view. However, after putting down the left for attacking him instead of the cause, Horowitz proceeds to do the same to his attackers. I was hoping to read about how we can have free discourse in the classroom. Instead I got a list of people who don't like him and why they are bad.
Dec 18, 2008 Josh rated it it was ok
This book fails to address one major component of academic freedom. The Indigenous perspective is widely undermined in the world of academnics and this book fails to incorporate the collective wisdom Indigenous peoples possess and its important place in academia. The backbone of this book has a political foundation, and offers little to the argument of educational freedom, especially for Indigenous peoples.
Brian Olson
Jun 26, 2008 Brian Olson rated it liked it
I'm familiar with his work - universities bad, here's why, leftists taking over the classroom. I am sure this is full of egregious examples of left-wing bias and censorship, but I couldn't find time to finish it.
Jun 18, 2007 E rated it liked it
My sister sent me this book for my birthday. I just started it. It is good so far......I have finished this now. I liked it. There are other books I liked better on this subject but still good.
Moses Operandi
Mar 01, 2008 Moses Operandi rated it liked it
Shelves: readandenjoyed
This was excellent and entirely true. I almost wish Horowitz was a Democrat, because being a Conservative apparently disqualifies you from credibility in today's Academia.
FieryJack marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Yasmine Carlson
Yasmine Carlson marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Riku rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Parizade marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Nightocelot rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
David Emery McKown
David Emery McKown marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Philip marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jonty H.
Jonty H. marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Reader marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Allen Patterson
Allen Patterson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Malachi marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Rob marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Tyler marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Daniel marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2016
Tristana rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
John Paradiso
John Paradiso rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Carlos González
Carlos González marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Ernest Hilbert
Ernest Hilbert rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
David Joel Horowitz is currently an American conservative writer & policy advocate. He's founder & current president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center & edits FrontPage Magazine.

Horowitz was raised by parents who were members of the Communist Party USA. Between 1956 and 1975, Horowitz was an outspoken adherent of the New Left before rejecting Leftism completely. Horowitz has recoun
More about David Horowitz...