Start by marking “Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom” as Want to Read:
Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom

Indoctrination U: The Left's War Against Academic Freedom

In dramatic commentary, Indoctrination U. unveils the intellectual corruption of American universities by faculty activists who have turned America's classrooms into indoctrination centers for their political causes. It describes how academic radicals with little regard for professional standards or the pluralistic foundations of American society have created an ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by Encounter Books

To ask other readers questions about Indoctrination U, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indoctrination U

Manuel B
Good book. Kind of anecdotal.

Horowitz writes about the aftermath of his Academic Freedom campaign and its effects. He explains why courses must be taught in a non-partisan and non-sectarian to seed the minds of new students into critical thought and the pursuit of knowledge in an independent fashion.

One of the more interesting facts, I got from this book is that there are many academics teaching in courses they are not qualified to teach. How these teachers found themselves teaching and writing
Josh
Dec 18, 2008 Josh rated it it was ok
This book fails to address one major component of academic freedom. The Indigenous perspective is widely undermined in the world of academnics and this book fails to incorporate the collective wisdom Indigenous peoples possess and its important place in academia. The backbone of this book has a political foundation, and offers little to the argument of educational freedom, especially for Indigenous peoples.
Theresa
Aug 03, 2013 Theresa rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book because I agree the university is a place where students should be free to learn the facts and hear all points of view. However, after putting down the left for attacking him instead of the cause, Horowitz proceeds to do the same to his attackers. I was hoping to read about how we can have free discourse in the classroom. Instead I got a list of people who don't like him and why they are bad.
Brian Olson
Jun 26, 2008 Brian Olson rated it liked it
I'm familiar with his work - universities bad, here's why, leftists taking over the classroom. I am sure this is full of egregious examples of left-wing bias and censorship, but I couldn't find time to finish it.
Moses Operandi
Mar 01, 2008 Moses Operandi rated it liked it
Shelves: readandenjoyed
This was excellent and entirely true. I almost wish Horowitz was a Democrat, because being a Conservative apparently disqualifies you from credibility in today's Academia.
E
Dec 16, 2009 E rated it liked it
My sister sent me this book for my birthday. I just started it. It is good so far......I have finished this now. I liked it. There are other books I liked better on this subject but still good.
Scott Eric Alt
Scott Eric Alt rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2008
Ex Leftist Orwell Is Spinning
Ex Leftist Orwell Is Spinning rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2011
Benjamin Halstrom
Benjamin Halstrom rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2013
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2009
Kayla Lahti
Kayla Lahti rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2011
Sue
Sue rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2009
Bernie
Bernie rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2011
Tristana
Tristana rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2008
Lizetta Parker
Lizetta Parker rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2008
Encounter Books
Encounter Books rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2010
Miriam Williams
Miriam Williams rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2013
Scott Janz
Scott Janz rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2012
michael
michael rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2013
Christian
Christian rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
May 19, 2013
Mack
Mack rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2011
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2009
Katherine Merseth
Katherine Merseth rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2008
Levan Ramishvili
Levan Ramishvili rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Jacob
Jacob rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2007
Randall Sadler
Randall Sadler rated it liked it
May 10, 2014
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2009
David Joel Horowitz is currently an American conservative writer & policy advocate. He's founder & current president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center & edits FrontPage Magazine.

Horowitz was raised by parents who were members of the Communist Party USA. Between 1956 and 1975, Horowitz was an outspoken adherent of the New Left before rejecting Leftism completely. Horowitz has recoun
More about David Horowitz...