Start by marking “Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones” as Want to Read:
Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones

Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Six paleontologists search for bones. When they find them, they dig them up, wrap them, and load them on a truck, bound for the museum. With simple text and vibrant illustrations, young readers explore the process of finding and assembling bone fossils.

Bones. Bones. We look for bones.
We look for the bones of dinosaurs.

Supports the Common Core State Standards.
Published September 30th 1990 by HarperFestival (first published September 28th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones

jacky
Sep 07, 2010 jacky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: young dinosaur lovers; preK - primary
Today's letter at story time was B. I missed a good portion of this one because Natalie was crawling on something or another. What I did hear was a great introduction to paleontologists. Bold illustrations.
Lauren
This book is I think geared towards toddlers with the simple pictures and lines, but there is no flow or rhythm to the prose. If feels awkward to read aloud.
Lamar Sanders
Main Characters: Six paleontologist
Point of View: 3rd person
Plot: The book highlights the work of paleontologists is a very simplistic and child friendly mannner. It covers the digging, extracting, transporting and assembly of dinosaur bones, specifically a tyrannosaurus rex.
Main Ideas: Paleontology

This book could serve as an introduction to a unit on dinosaurs or be read prior to a trip to any museum of natural history. It certainly gives children a basic understanding of the bones they will se
Cheyenne
This is a good beginner book for how dinosaur bones go from the dig site to the museum and put together.
Lauren Brown
An easy read for young children about finding dinosaur bones and how they are assembled in the museums. Simple and easy to follow text and drawings that enable to young children to focus on what is happening. There are some names of dinosaurs listed, which can be difficult to pronounce, but very simple and easy words otherwise.
Lisa Houlihan
I cannot imagine an age where this would be appropriate. It manages to make the job of unearthing dinosaur fossils even more tedious than it probably is in the field, what with the toothbrushes they probably have to use. Milo would have more fun moving his pile of sand grain by grain.
Denise
If a student has a good handle on word blends, this is a nice short introduction to dino paleontology. However, because of the dinosaur names and word blends, I would recommend parents read while encouraging kids to follow and ask questions.
Cara Farmer
This is a cute story. Nothing super special, but it will be good to read to a kindergarten class when you are trying to teach them about nonfiction. I do love dinosaurs so this is probably something that I will add to my library.
Joanna
Six little paleontologists unearth and assemble a tyrannosaurus. A great book on its own and a must read for anyone near the Cerritos, CA library which features its very own full size T-rex, Stan.
Susan
As with all Barton books it seems, great response from children. Assembling a dinosaur from dig to museum in minimal easy-to-follow language and bright colorful images.
kate
Loved the language, the illustrations, and use of bright, primary colours! Will be using with my three- and four-year old storytime centered around dinosaurs.
Bridget
Just like what we saw at the Dinosaur Discovery Site http://www.dinotrax.com/ in St. George, UT this weekend. Had fun with the cousins there.
J.F.
Byron Barton can always be depended on to write books that children will enjoy and relate to, while learning something new.
Liz
I love Byron Barton for the 2 - 4 set. Simple text, simple pictures. Calum is really enjoying this one. No talking animals here.
Michelle
My son really enjoyed reading this book out loud to me. His school sent it home as part of the dinosaur literacy bag.
Emerson
WE LOOK FOR THE BONES OF DINOSAURS.
WE FIND THEM.

That sums up this book--yet another excellent read from Barton.
Evan
It was super great. I like it because they found all the bones, digged them up, and put them in the museum.
Erica
A cute book about collecting dinosaur bones and putting them together. My little guy is enjoying it.
Daryl Murphy
Pb36 - Very quick read, but the different dinosaur names could make it frustrating for young children.
Katie
I just adore Bryon Barton's books. I have no idea why. So simple and useful. My kids love them too!
K
Cute. Informative. And it actually tells you how to say the dinosaur names in the back of the book.
Dee
Easy to read, and the pictures helped me figure out the words I didn't know.
Uflchildrens
Great book with minimal text for the youngest dino fans. --Rachel
E/Barton
Noah
I like this 100, they dig the bones and put together the T-Rex.
Veronica
Cute story full of dinosaur names.
Maicy Mendoza
Maicy Mendoza marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
My Car Trucks Board Book Trains Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs Board Book The Three Bears Board Book