Dark Warrior Unleashed (Talions, #1)

Dark Warrior Unleashed (Talions #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  994 ratings  ·  58 reviews

The rough and rugged Talions, sexy warriors who stop at nothing to deliver justice, star in this steamy new paranormal series from Alexis Morgan.

He's on a mission to annihilate the enemy.

A Talion enforcer, Ranulf Thorsen has served his people for a thousand years, delivering the eye-for-an-eye justice by which his kinsmen live. Weary of the centuries-long fight, the f

Published July 29th 2008 by Pocket Star

Julie (jjmachshev)
I'm a fan of Alexis Morgan's 'Paladin' series, so I was very excited to get "Warrior Unbound" which is the start of a new 'Talions' series. While it wasn't (for me) quite as good as her Paladin series, it was still an interesting read with hot, sexy, paranormal men (and women)!

Ranulf is a Kyth Talion enforcer. He's the one his Dame (queen) calls when one of the their kind go bad...like a Kyth bogeyman. But he so very tired. He's given over a thousand years of service to his Dame and wants nothin...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
I thought this series has a pretty cool concept:

The basis for this story was that the author read an article about an excavation of ancient Viking graves, and she wondered what if someone who knew them was still alive?

She has a race descended from the Vikings, they aren't immortal, but they're very long-lived. And in one scene the hero has a necklace that he'd given his wife on their wedding day, and he'd had her buried with it. He'd had to steal it from the excavation site.

It's a good series,...more
jackie frye
Meet a new race – the Kyth. Descended from Vikings this race is cool, they use human energy to survive. The central characters in this book are Ranulf Thorsen, the warrior responsible for punishing rouge Kyth; Sandor Kean, a warrior with strength and charm; Dame Judith, the leader of the race; and Kelly Logan, a strong and powerful Kyth who has lived her entire life with no knowledge of her heritage. Saving the lives of everyone caught in a dance club fire brings Kelly to the attention of Dame J...more
Kim To
Ann has a dirty mouth
I actually liked this book a lot. It's very tightly plotted and well paced. When I started writing the review, however, I had a hard time thinking of nice things to say about it. It isn't that this book is bad- it is just nothing really special.

I think that my main problem was with the world building. I didn't get a good idea of what a Kyth was or how their culture worked. I gathered that they are "psychic vampires" but the nature of their power was never clearly defined. The book also explains...more
Rebecca
Aug 04, 2008 Rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: paranormal, viking fans
This is Alexis Morgan's new series. I have read the first Paladin series and it was pretty good. Although, I must confess that I really enjoy this series mainly because of my weakness for Viking's...my heritage.

The story line is interesting as she has taken the immortal warrior and given the familiar character a new spin without trying to over explain it. The hero is flawed but only because of centuries of other's judgments and quite frankly, he's tired of what he does. That was honestly refres...more
Starry
Ally
Nov 28, 2010 Ally rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ebook
I actually read this back in April and totally forgot to add it to my read list, so thought now was a good time. However this will be another short review as I read it quite a while ago and don't remember 100% of the story.

I first got into Alexis Morgan's Paladins of Darkness series back in 2008 and I enjoyed and liked the different storyline that I kept on reading and when I found out there was a sort of spin off series Talions I was more than happy to keep up with Ms Morgans new series.

Althoug...more
valee
It was a book I enjoyed but didn't love. It was really entertaining and a bit original but not that much.

My main problem with this book was that the plot was not well developed. When I start a series I want the first book to explain the world in a way I will understand it easily and get to love it from the beginning. Well with this installment I finished the book and I never felt like I actually got to understand the species the Talions defend and protect. Much more info should have given IMHO....more
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Gardavson
Hmm. How to review. This book was good, it was a very fast, easy read. It just wasn't that, I dunno, great. I liked the characters, and I can't even say they weren't well developed, they were just, instant. The story was good, although I feel like maybe if I'd read the author's other Paladin series maybe I would have understood some of it better. Basically, there is another species living amongst the humans, called Kyth. I didn't really get what was all that different about them except that they...more
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
I thoughly enjoyed this book and can't wait to get the next one.

The story revolves around a group of "special" beings known as the Kyth. They are an ancient Nordic race able to manipulate human energy.

Ranulf Thorsen is an special type of Kyth, living for thousands of years as his kinsmen's eye-for-an-eye justice. He is a Tailon, the warriors of the Kyth. Ranulf is called in to asist in an increasing problem. One of the Kyth have gone rogue and needs to be dealt with. Along the way he finds somet...more
Christel
Mar 30, 2009 Christel rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: any paranormal reader wanting something different
Shelves: alexis-morgan
New series, new characters, new settings, new storyline. I am hooked!! Great beginning to a new series.

the Talions are warriors of their breed the Kyth. They are energy consuming species and the Talions are their enforcers.

Ranulf Thorsen is a centuries old Viking and a Talion enforcer. He has been doing his job for centuries and he is tired of it. tired of the killing the renegades of his breed.

Sandor Kearn is another Talion and Ranulf's bitter rival. He also has been ordered to help Ranulf wit...more
Chills
This Paladin tale was a good read but I did not know who to
engage with here as there were three people tied in a sticky web -
Ranulf the Talion Enforcer, Talion Sandor Kearn his bitter rival and
the heroine Kerry Logan who does not realise her background is of Kyth
blessed with ancient and unique abilities.
The storyline incorporated Sandor a lot - yet it was the relationship
between Kerry and Ranulf I felt could have been stronger and I began
to feel sorry for Talion Sandor and almost wished he'd get...more
Book
I didn't hate this story but it was a bit predictable and lacked enough characters or an interesting world to fall back on. This was a short book that read like a long one for me. Where are the people of this race they talk about? All through the book the author talks about the strength and unsurpassed ability of these two warriors then they need so much help with everything. Also, I can't believe all there is is two warriors to protect their so called Queen, or "Dame" as they call her. This was...more
Patsy
I just love Alexis Morgan! I am a sucker for redheads, but when he is an experienced six foot something muscle man I am all over that!! Ranulf can come protect me anytime.. I think this is the begining of a wonderful world of Fantasy, love, and violence.. I do love the Palidins maddly and it was hard to switch gears after reading the entire series in one week then moving right into the Talions but I think it was a good intro and I am hoping to be just as addicted to these wonderfully rugged men...more
Natalie
I like this Talion series but not as much as I like her Paladin series. There's action, adventure, intrigue, paranormal romance, and sex; but it just didn't grab me and make me want to be friends with these characters. The stories just weren't fleshed out very well - I'm familiar enough with the genre that I could fill in the blanks myself but I shouldn't have to. It left me flat enough that I couldn't bring myself to review it until I'd finished the first 3 books in the series. Give The Paladin...more
Shirley
Most excellent series- want more!
Stacie
Jul 30, 2008 Stacie added it
This is about the Talions. This is the first in a series started by this author. She also write the Paladin series. This is the story of Ranulf who has served his people for a thousand years. He meets Kerry who does not realise that her blood contains the Kyth gene. This means that she has healing and other supernatural abilities. They have to band together, along with Ranulf's fellow Talion Sandor to bring down a rogue Talion warrior.
Janet
I don't read romance novels very often anymore, but when I do, I look to Alexis Morgan. Her fast-paced adventures, set in Seattle, feature extremely long-lived, more than human warriors who come very close to being my own romantic ideal.

Her heroines are smart and independent, and they demand -- and get -- respect from their sometimes high-handed men. Danger and passion combine to create partnerships, not just pages of steamy sex.
Angela
Not sure if it was me or not but for some reason the story just didn't quite captivate me. It had an interesting concept but i found the story rather predictable right from the start.

I also found the battle with the big bad an anti-climax as the story lead you to believe him as ultimate evil yet my gran would have put up more of a fight, not that you really got a good sense of the final fight.
Candy
I have enjoyed the Paladin series so I decided to check this series out as well. I didn't enjoy this first book very much. I kept feeling like I was missing something and Morgan waits until page 130 to give a so-so description of what a Talion is. The relationship between Kerry and Ranaulf is weak. I'm really hoping that the series gets better because I do enjoy the author.
Maja
Mar 23, 2010 Maja rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Lovers of paranormal romances
I enjoyed this book but I felt like something was missing. The characters were very likable but their stories are too washy. The characters all have some dark, heavy past, but when they come around to tell someone about them, the stories aren't detailed enough. Just sort of blah. And that kind of destroyed the book for me.
Karen
This book was a good start to Morgan's new series about the Talions. It was an easy read and I liked some of the characters, but something seemed to be missing and I had lots of questions unanswered. The ending also seemed rush. I did enjoy it enough to read the next in the series. I just hope it steps up a notch.
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I really enjoyed this book. 4 to 4 1/2 stars!

I loved the heat between Ranulf and Kerry, just perfect. Kerry Logan's character was so well done, she is strong and powerful, with a mind of her own. I will definately be reading the others in the series. Loved it from start to finish!
Michelle the Romance Witch
pretty good series though some things could have used a bit more explaining about the nature of the paranormal species. The romance was definitely there and interesting to watch, and of course the villain portion of the story line was dark and twisted as it always is with Ms. Morgan.
Kim
The book was ok it is certianly not the Paladians! It starts out interesting enough although I kept trying to tie this to the Paladians, it does not. The end of the book is definitly shacky at best, but I will read the next one to see if it gets better.
Cindyg
Just a good as her Paladins series. I love Ranulf and Kerry.
For me it was great that they didn't struggle for the entire book but realized just badly they were attracted to one another. Good read, highly recommend.
Valkyrie
This was a pretty good story, Lots of action, needed to get used to a new world sort of. Different "abilities" different abilities. It wasn't as good as her Paladin series. It was a good quick read.
Marie
Was an okay book, I put it down for a month, picked it up and could remember the story. While it wasn't good that I could put the book down for that long, at least I could get right back into it.
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Parallel Attraction (Midnight Warriors, #1)
  • Moonlight Warrior (Midnight Bay, #1)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Warrior Avenged (Sons of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Chains of Fire (The Chosen Ones, #4)
  • Kiss of Fate  (Dragonfire, #3)
  • Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)
  • Blood of the Wicked (Dark Mission, #1)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • Immortal Outlaw (Immortal Brotherhood, #2)
  • Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, #4)
  • I Thirst for You (Primes, #2)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • Run Among Thorns
Alexis Morgan grew up near St. Louis and received a B.A. in English from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. She and her husband have made the Pacific Northwest their home for more than thirty years, where she launched her career as a writer. She is published in paranormal romance, fantasy romance, American West historicals, and most recently, contemporary romances with her new Snowberry Creek s...more
More about Alexis Morgan...
Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2) In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3) Redeemed in Darkness (Paladins of Darkness, #4) Darkness Unknown (Paladins of Darkness, #5)