Start by marking “Two Steps Backward” as Want to Read:
Two Steps Backward

Susie Kelly

Two Steps Backward

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Susie Kelly and her husband Terry dreamed of a home in France. With their dogs, parrots and horses, they moved to a farmhouse in the Poitou-Charentes region. While Terry worked in England, Susie had to contend with a homicidal gas cooker, burst pipes and a biting guinea fowl. The enormity of what they had taken on seemed overwhelming, and when Terry came close to death, th ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 473 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by Ulverscroft (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Two Steps Backward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Steps Backward

Grace Tierney
I read this as part of my Defeat January Blues by reading about sunny places plan. Reasonably fun read but not brilliantly written and might suit a pet/animal lover more than it did me as the author is really into animals. I love the details of how an overseas home it "done up" by the new owners and those details simply weren't in this book.
Catherine
This was a quick, interesting read about an Englishwoman who purchases a home in rural France with her husband. Although she's in the house alone with a menagerie of animals most of the time while her husband is working in England.

The book is an honest look into Kelly's attempt to fulfill her dream of owning a home in the French countryside.
Jillian
Slow at first but narrative draws you in. Action-lovers would not like this book but Francophiles and those who enjoy reading about human struggles would love it.
Corinne
Oct 31, 2012 Corinne is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Quite charming, seemed pretty honest and funny in parts
Sherry
Sherry added it
Feb 14, 2015
Barbara Jean Vawter
Barbara Jean Vawter marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Frank Spencer
Frank Spencer marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Lorraine Farrow
Lorraine Farrow marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Carmen Rotaru
Carmen Rotaru marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
James Nyaga
James Nyaga marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Don Johanesen
Don Johanesen marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Cecily
Cecily marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Janie
Janie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Paddy O'callaghan
Paddy O'callaghan marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2012
Nhrocky
Nhrocky marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2012
Elle
Elle marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Anji
Anji marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2012
I Wish I Could Say I Was Sorry... Best Foot Forward The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette Travels With Tinkerbelle - 6000 Miles Around France In A Mechanical Wreck Swallows & Robins - The Guests In My Garden