Start by marking “501 Spanish Verbs Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy to Learn Format” as Want to Read:

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  718 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
A foreign-language classic, Barron's 501 Verbs series has helped countless students learn to conjugate. For more advanced students, these books are a handy resource for memory jogging.
Published December 31st 1982 by Barron's Educational Series (first published 1963)

Be the first to ask a question about 501 Spanish Verbs Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy to Learn Format

Riobhcah
Jan 15, 2010 Riobhcah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have owned many editions of this book over the years in other languages besides Spanish as well and I will say that it is even better each time. This is a great reference book for anyone who is serious about learning the intricacies of verbs.
Mia
Dec 25, 2011 Mia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a must-have book if you ever want to advance your spanish language skills. It was well organized and the instructions and explanations were clear. Highly reccommend, especially for people currently studying spanish.
Mariah
An essential reference book to have on hand for any intermediate/advanced student of Spanish. It also gives suggestions for practice drills of the various tenses- it included tenses I hadn't even heard of!
Liam
Jun 10, 2013 Liam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to think this book was stupid. If you could just learn the different groups/patterns, then you'd know how to conjugate thousands of verbs. BUT, now I know that being able to quickly look up a verb you're unsure about, and see ALL of the conjugations right there, spread out, is extremely helpful. Also, it really only has verbs you'll ever want to use (with some obscure irregular verbs as exceptions). There was only a handful of times it didn't have a verb I wanted. Looking through it for a ...more
jacky
Mar 26, 2008 jacky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely helpful for translating irregular verbs! I don't know if I would have gotten by in my Spanish classes without this book. You can look up a verb and you get a whole page dedicated to all its forms. The beginning also covers the regular verbs in a way that is easy to reference.
Lisa
Oct 04, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the most useful resources someone learning Spanish can have. 501 of the most commonly used Spanish verbs along with all of their conjugations and useful grammar information. Every Spanish student should have this book in their library.
Cindy Adams hussey
Excellent book for anyone trying to advance their Spanish grammar. I've used it a lot!
Roseanne Dinoto
Jun 16, 2014 Roseanne Dinoto rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great tool for any one studying or using Spanish as a 2nd language
Crystal
Extremely useful in my quest to become semi-fluent in español.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the greatest asset ever--simple yet brilliant
Ken
Mar 01, 2008 Ken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a must-have for the language learner.
Kelly
Jun 29, 2012 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reference if you are learning spanish verbs
Kristen
Aug 11, 2011 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have for anyone learning Spanish
Cherie Wells
This book has proved a good reference for learning Spanish. Although it does have some sections on grammar and vocabulary, this book is about Verbs.
Gabby Danback
Feb 20, 2015 Gabby Danback rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK. I love it, really I am in love. best reference book I have ever used in my spanish minor quest
Melinda
Very useful grammar explanations in the introduction.
Tushant
Apr 03, 2014 Tushant marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
nothing
Brit
Jul 27, 2016 Brit rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference, language
This book is a must for intermediate/advanced Spanish students. I love it so much. It has 501 of the most common Spanish verbs with a page dedicated to each verb in all of its tenses & grammar info.
Seth
Jun 06, 2011 Seth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gah! I'm trying to get a handle on the simplest of past and imperfect tenses that I have neglected for so long. A little Spain-o-centric, but this book is awesome if you wanna wrap your brain around verb conjugation.
Jeannette
Jun 23, 2009 Jeannette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Ol' spanish classes, this helped all throughout college and still today when I need to talk with parents during conferences.
Conjugations . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Margarita Bastar
Sep 16, 2013 Margarita Bastar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to have in an upper level class for conjugating verbs. Its quick, easy to use, and helps you when you cant remember those confusing conjugations. ...more
Chrystal
Apr 05, 2008 Chrystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hahahahhahahahahhhahahahahhaa I love reference books!

I'm procrastinating on writing a paper. This is what I do instead.
Jan 28, 2009 Jennifer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book my son's college professor selected and it appears to be a great reference book.
Anne Hotz
Oct 08, 2012 Anne Hotz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is unbelievably helpful for conjugating many more than 501 verbs in Spanish. Love it!
Rebecca
Ha ha ha. No seriously, it saved my grades
Jaime
  • 501 German Verbs
  • The University of Chicago Spanish - English English - Spanish Dictionary
  • Practice Makes Perfect: Spanish Verb Tenses
  • Bantam New College Latin and English Dictionary
  • English Grammar for Students of Spanish: The Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish
  • Wheelock's Latin
  • 38 Latin Stories: Designed to AccompanyWheelock's Latin
  • Random House Webster's American Sign Language Dictionary
  • A Writer's Reference: With 2003 MLA Update
  • The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update [with CD]

“Essential 55 verb list Beginning students should pay careful attention to the 55 verbs in this list. We have chosen them because they are useful for learning essential conjugations, tricky spelling changes, and common usage. We have also highlighted certain pairs of verbs to help you understand the difference between a reflexive and a nonreflexive verb. If you study the verbs on this list, you will be able to conjugate just about any verb you come across and you will be able to express yourself in correct idiomatic Spanish.   acabar ir/irse (Verb Pair) andar   aprender leer caer/caerse (Verb Pair) llamar/llamarse (Verb Pair) cantar llevar comenzar mirar/mirarse (Verb Pair) comer   comprar oír conducir pagar conocer pensar construir perder contar poder creer poner/ponerse (Verb Pair) dar   deber quedarse decir querer dormir saber entrar salir escribir sentir/sentirse (Verb Pair) estar   estudiar ser gustar (See Defective and Impersonal Verbs) tener   tomar   traer   venir haber ver hablar vivir hacer volver” 0 likes