Start by marking “Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God” as Want to Read:
Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God

Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  14 reviews
If you crave the real experience of God’s presence in your daily life…

If you sense there’s more to Christianity than service, study, and superficial spirituality…

If you’re ready to go beyond knowing
about God
to truly
knowing Him…

Here’s where life with God begins.

Is God really like a father who cares about the details of our everyday lives? Then why does He often seem so f
Published February 19th 2008 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Closer Than Your Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer Than Your Skin

Bonnie
This one of those books you savor slowly, drinking in each chapter. I appreciated Susan's honesty about her own life and where God took her through each stage of her relationship with Him, and how to really find Him in the intimate relationship he wants to have with each of us. I think something in here will hit home with everyone.

My personal favorites were the chapters on marriage and parenting....because they weren't self-help or how-to's....just wisdom and honesty from someone who has been th
Lauren
This is a book that sneaks up on you. It starts off slow and whiles its way through vignettes of the author's childhood. But as this memoir moves on, something begins to happen to your soul. As I read along the pages a long-suppressed desire of hearing and seeing God on the move awoke. Through example after example, and story after story, the author relates this quiet power that is accessible to all believers - but something that we so often suppress and ignore. Why do we question the ways that ...more
Lisa
I really enjoyed it. Well written and insightful and the kind of book you read a bit slower to take it all in. Lots of wisdom in here!
Erin
If you have ever wondered if there is more to the Christian life than what you have now, this could be the book for you! It is one woman's journey to an alive relationship with God - and she doesn't want to see anyone settle for less. I thought it was balanced with wisdom, and I love how she stressed that knowing your Bible is the very first key to knowing God. I believe God still does speak to His believers today and it was nice to read a supporting opinion on the subject.
Kristine
I met Susan recently by taking a class she is teaching. A couple weeks in I was eager to discover the rest of her story with all of its details, so I ordered her book off Amazon. In person she is kind and gentle and compassionate. All of these come through in her writing as well. She is grounded in her Bible and consistently runs what she teaches through that grid. In person and through her book she has encouraged me forward.
Linda Smith
Jul 22, 2008 Linda Smith rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any seeker
Recommended to Linda by: Debbie Ferrar
This book is really incredible. For so many people, God was a judgmental, offputting Being. But what if He really wants us to find our way to being the most loved, best people we can be? I love all the anecdotes and amazing coincidences and miracles in this book. It really helped me so much.
Alison
Oct 14, 2008 Alison rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn more about the Holy Spirit
Recommended to Alison by: my sister Claire
Susan writes about her life and the ways God has spoken to her with signs, with visions, with dreams,...with "coincidences" and happenings. It's a "let-go-and-let-God" book about the Holy Spirit guiding you, def. thought-provoking.
Rachel
This is like 'Can you Hear me' for someone who's been in the church for years and years, doing all the Christian activities but not really having personal encounters with God. I'd reccommend this to women 30+.
Christabelle
Mar 15, 2015 Christabelle is currently reading it
Been interested in this book ever since I heard the excitement from an editor at a Christian writer's conference I attended. I look forward to reading it!
Stephanie
Oct 07, 2008 Stephanie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Weavre, Cathy, Rachael
Just looking to know that I am not alone in this adventure of life. Susan helped the journey. I am buying this book for greater reading.
kelly
Great testimony and encouragement for those of us who desire greater intimacy with our One and Only Savior.
Deanna
Great book that captures the yearning aspect of intimacy with God as well as a bit of "how-to".
Musep
Nice. Intimacy with God with real thought.
Mizbooks
Apr 10, 2009 Mizbooks marked it as to-read
set aside, temporarily, but will finish.
Amy
Amy added it
Mar 10, 2015
Beth Ball
Beth Ball marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Strickland
Strickland marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014