Start by marking “Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God” as Want to Read:
Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God

Closer Than Your Skin: Unwrapping the Mystery of Intimacy with God

If you crave the real experience of God’s presence in your daily life…

If you sense there’s more to Christianity than service, study, and superficial spirituality…

If you’re ready to go beyond knowing
about God
to truly
knowing Him…

Here’s where life with God begins.

Is God really like a father who cares about the details of our everyday lives? Then why does He often seem so f
Published February 19th 2008 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Closer Than Your Skin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer Than Your Skin

Jul 29, 2014 Bonnie rated it really liked it
This one of those books you savor slowly, drinking in each chapter. I appreciated Susan's honesty about her own life and where God took her through each stage of her relationship with Him, and how to really find Him in the intimate relationship he wants to have with each of us. I think something in here will hit home with everyone.

My personal favorites were the chapters on marriage and parenting....because they weren't self-help or how-to's....just wisdom and honesty from someone who has been th
Oct 30, 2011 Lauren rated it it was amazing
This is a book that sneaks up on you. It starts off slow and whiles its way through vignettes of the author's childhood. But as this memoir moves on, something begins to happen to your soul. As I read along the pages a long-suppressed desire of hearing and seeing God on the move awoke. Through example after example, and story after story, the author relates this quiet power that is accessible to all believers - but something that we so often suppress and ignore. Why do we question the ways that ...more
Apr 27, 2008 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
If you have ever wondered if there is more to the Christian life than what you have now, this could be the book for you! It is one woman's journey to an alive relationship with God - and she doesn't want to see anyone settle for less. I thought it was balanced with wisdom, and I love how she stressed that knowing your Bible is the very first key to knowing God. I believe God still does speak to His believers today and it was nice to read a supporting opinion on the subject.
Nov 11, 2013 Kristine rated it it was amazing
I met Susan recently by taking a class she is teaching. A couple weeks in I was eager to discover the rest of her story with all of its details, so I ordered her book off Amazon. In person she is kind and gentle and compassionate. All of these come through in her writing as well. She is grounded in her Bible and consistently runs what she teaches through that grid. In person and through her book she has encouraged me forward.
Linda Smith
Jul 22, 2008 Linda Smith rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any seeker
Recommended to Linda by: Debbie Ferrar
This book is really incredible. For so many people, God was a judgmental, offputting Being. But what if He really wants us to find our way to being the most loved, best people we can be? I love all the anecdotes and amazing coincidences and miracles in this book. It really helped me so much.
Oct 14, 2008 Alison rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to learn more about the Holy Spirit
Recommended to Alison by: my sister Claire
Susan writes about her life and the ways God has spoken to her with signs, with visions, with dreams,...with "coincidences" and happenings. It's a "let-go-and-let-God" book about the Holy Spirit guiding you, def. thought-provoking.
Nov 14, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
This is like 'Can you Hear me' for someone who's been in the church for years and years, doing all the Christian activities but not really having personal encounters with God. I'd reccommend this to women 30+.
May 05, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed it. Well written and insightful and the kind of book you read a bit slower to take it all in. Lots of wisdom in here!
Kirk Weikart
A very interesting portrayal of the author's personal faith journey. However, I was hoping for a bit more life application for how to translate her experience into my spiritual journey.
Been interested in this book ever since I heard the excitement from an editor at a Christian writer's conference I attended. I look forward to reading it!
Feb 07, 2009 kelly rated it really liked it
Great testimony and encouragement for those of us who desire greater intimacy with our One and Only Savior.
Oct 07, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Weavre, Cathy, Rachael
Just looking to know that I am not alone in this adventure of life. Susan helped the journey. I am buying this book for greater reading.
Raven Corvus
Raven Corvus rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2012
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2016
Maranatha rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Carlie-Rose Horst
Carlie-Rose Horst rated it really liked it
May 17, 2016
Susi rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2012
Deena rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Christabelle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2008
Waterbrook Multnomah
Waterbrook Multnomah rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2011
Rene Thomas
Rene Thomas rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2012
Nicole rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2015
Karen rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2014
Rachel rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2012
Mar 01, 2008 Musep rated it really liked it
Nice. Intimacy with God with real thought.
Erin Clarke
Erin Clarke rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2011
Arlene Morrell
Arlene Morrell rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Nancy Petro
Nancy Petro rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2011
Colima Smith
Colima Smith rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2015
ForstRose rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2008