Start by marking “Council of Evil (Villain.Net, #1)” as Want to Read:
Council of Evil (Villain.Net, #1)

Council of Evil (Villain.Net #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  25 reviews
When Jake, the school bully, deliberately infects the school's IT system with a virus, he starts receiving strange emails. Somebody is inviting him to join them in 'conquering the world' and they send him a link to a website: VILLAIN.NET. It only takes a few clicks before Jake finds himself signed up to an entire world of supervillains.
Paperback, Paperback, 236 pages
Published June 1st 2008 by Oxford University Press, USA

To ask other readers questions about Council of Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Council of Evil

Steelheart by Brandon SandersonH.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education by Mark WaldenThe Cloak Society by Jeramey KraatzAfter the Golden Age by Carrie VaughnVillains Rising by Jeramey Kraatz
SUPER HERO NOVELS
56th out of 107 books — 27 voters
I Am Number Four by Pittacus LoreGone by Michael  GrantGraceling by Kristin CashoreThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanHunger by Michael  Grant
Books With Superpowers! Blam!
143rd out of 319 books — 306 voters

More lists with this book...

Kirito
Andy Briggs's Villain.Net Council of Evil by Andy Briggs is a book for kids. This book talks about a kid named Jake Hunter who is a bully at school. When Jake Hunter received an email and click the join button inside the email, he turned from bully to villain. Will he adjust to being a villain?

I picked up this book because I wanted to see the villain's point of view and not just the hero's point of view.

I finished this book because I can't let go of the book.

I think I would recommend this t
Gabby
Angel
This book was awful. Unlikable characters galore, cliched dialogue, and very implausible story events.
On one of the back pages of Hero.com: Rise of the Heroes, it reads: "Tired of being a goody-two-shoes all the time? Ready to get in touch with your dark side?" This page was an advertisement for the Villain.net book series. After reading it, I thought, "Why not? I'll pick up a copy and see how it is." After all, so many people claim that being a villain is more fun, and that very sentiment was
Renn Raven
I actually really enjoyed this book. I picked it up because my little brother read the entire series in a week, and he normally hates books and anything to do with English so I was intrigued.

The story follows Jake Hunter, a school bully who meets a villain called Basilisk and is given access to a website where he can download superpowers. Soon though, things spiral out of control and Jake becomes a wanted fugitive.

I must say, I thought it would be difficult to like an anti-hero but actually I
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

Jake Hunter is your average bully - until one computer class leads him to a mysterious website.

The website allows him to download superpowers. When a teacher mistakingly witnesses him bullying a much younger student, Jake must serve detention. When Jake attempts to unsuccessfully explain the truth, rage pulses through him.

Green energy radiates from his body, rendering the teacher unconscious in addition to causing the destruction of the classroom.
Ben King
Jake Hunter is the school bully. Everybody keeps out of his way. Except for Pete who Jake seeks out to bully, the cause of the bullying from him self’s own loneliness. After he hacks the school system with a virus, he starts to revive strange and crypt emails, someone who is inviting him to join them onto the evil side, along with a link VILLIAN.NET. After a few clicks Jake is signed up for something amazing, an entire world of supervillians. Soon Jake has been summoned by a fiend called Basilis ...more
James Hargest Library
Matt
There are a lot of good ideas in this book, but the execution is pretty terrible. Bad descriptions that feel like fanfic-- where I'm already supposed to know how everyone looks and acts-- coupled with atrocious dialog. To give an example of how this plays out, I spent most of the book wondering if superhumans were some sort of secret in this world or not, and only managed to answer that question for myself when it was explicitly explained near the end.

There's a lot to like here. I like the fact
Sue Murdoch
Having read Heroes I enjoyed the interplay between the plots; as a non author I think this is quite an achievement! I felt that Jake's character is explored more deeply and this added more satisfaction for me. Hero and Villain books are really suited, I think, to years 5 to 8 tops.
Mel
This was a very original and interesting idea in our current digital age. The action was fast and furious and it was unusual for the book to be from a baddie's point of view.

The start of a promising series with a cliffhanger of an ending leaving you eager to start the next book.
Gary
Cool book overall.
Teenboysread
Jake is your average school bully always picking on kids. Until one days he finds this website called villain.net which allows him to download superpowers and use them for evil. He first chooses radiation which causes him to glow green. He then meets this villian called Basilk and he is one of my favourite characters in the book. A hero called chameleon comes but is chameleon the good guy or bad guy?

I loved this book. I would recommend it to any one who likes supervillians and lots of action.
Beth
This book was good but I think I preferred Hero.com a bit more. I think it was because Jake was such a bully even though you find out why. I did not like basilisk - he was too insane for you to like him at all. I preferred Chameleon because he is the superhero. It was interesting the way that you found out about Jake's background from Basilisk- it made the story a lot more believable. I am looking forward to the next Hero.com book and the next Tarzan.
Sue
Enjoyable adolescent literature book. The story moves quickly and there is a lot of action. This book interests me because it has another book called heroes.com which takes place at the same time with different characters becoming heroes instead of villians. I will be interested to see where Andy Briggs goes with this series.
Kelly Martin
Its between a 3 and a four star. Can't decide!!

Full review of Villian.net and Hero.com and an interview with Andy Briggs starting on the 11/11/10 at yabookreads.com. So check it out, comment and enjoy =)
Raven Xavier
I loved this book. I will buy the series and the Hero.com series. I like the concept and the story line. I think Andy Briggs is a brilliant writer and I'd like to read more of his books.
Eddle
this is a really exciting and interesting book. I can't wait to read the next one-as soon as i get it anyway.
Mo Yang
A fun book. Recommended for anyone who enjoys superhero books with a dash of drama.
J.M.
Mar 16, 2012 J.M. marked it as to-read
Saw this on MySpace and thought it looked interesting.
Cassidy
Thought this was pretty cool back in year seven
Mohamed
Original, imaginativae and exciting.
Fyrekatz
The book surprised me! LOL
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Shianne Reitz
Shianne Reitz marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Duo Maxwell
Duo Maxwell is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2015
Judah
Judah marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
  • The New Heroes: Superhuman
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
  • Assault (Recon Team Angel, #1)
  • Transformers  Dark of the Moon
  • Home Truths
  • Double Vision (Double Vision, #1)
  • Rescue Josh Mcguire
  • Zombie Baseball Beatdown
  • Going to Ground (The Shapeshifter, #3)
  • Owly, Vol. 5: Tiny Tales
  • Dreadnought (H.I.V.E, #4)
  • Jellaby: Monster in the City (Jellaby, #2)
  • Spy Force Revealed (Spy Force, #2)
  • Jimmy Coates: Assassin? (Jimmy Coates, #1)
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
A British writer who works extensively in Hollywood and more recently in comic books.

Hero.com and Villain.net are his first books launched in June 2008, with their sequels HERO.COM: VIRUS ATTACK and VILLAIN.NET: DARK HUNTER are out now - and more in the series coming next year.

The books are available in UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Next year they will be out in: USA, Czech
More about Andy Briggs...

Villain.Net (4 books)
  • Dark Hunter (Villain.Net, #2)
  • Power Surge (Villain.Net, #3)
  • Collision Course (Villain.Net, #4)
Rise Of The Heroes (Hero.Com, #1) Dark Hunter (Villain.Net, #2) Virus Attack (Hero.Com, #2) Power Surge (Villain.Net, #3) Collision Course (Villain.Net, #4)