Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth

Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Would you like to journal, but you're not sure how to start? Do you love to journal, but need some fresh ideas? Here's a book to help you discover (or recover) the power of writing as a spiritual discipline. In these pages you'll find intriguing and encouraging insights on topics like "ordinary things," "discovery journaling," "drawing from another's well" and "dialogue jo...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Inter-Varsity Press

Ethan
I loved all the ideas this book has given me for journaling. I had been journaling for some time before I read this, so the beginning was an encouragement to me to keep journaling rather than the impetus I needed to start. I agree with the author that journaling is a wonderful tool than can bring great spiritual growth and encouragement, and even though journaling may not be for everyone, I think everyone could benefit from it. Now that I've made my way all the way through, I will be using this...more
Dean P.
This is a good little book that delves into the benefits of keeping a journal as a spiritual discipline. Budd considers many historical Christian figures and emphasizes their ability to keep journals and diaries.

Two passages from the book sum up her argument for keeping a regular journal.

"Journal keeping can help us to embrace wisdom, respond to the Lord and grow deeper in relationship with Christ." (p 28)

"Private writing gives us the time we need to pause and consider our lives. It gives us tim...more
Lady Jane
An extremely well-written, genuinely useful classic on journaling as a tool for spiritual growth. I really appreciated Budd's variety of ideas which one can then adapt to one's own style and season of life. I plan to refer to this gem again and again and again.
Amy
Excellent, great ideas and insights. If you like to write you will feel inspired to use new techniques as well as continue in what you are already doing!
RJ
RJ marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Linda Martin
Linda Martin is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2014
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Malia Summers
Malia Summers marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Matthew Webb
Matthew Webb is currently reading it
Oct 09, 2013
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2013
JB
JB added it
Jun 15, 2013
Emilee
Emilee marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Linda G
Linda G marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Debbie
Debbie is currently reading it
Jan 05, 2013