Start by marking “Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth” as Want to Read:
Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth

Journal Keeping: Writing for Spiritual Growth

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Would you like to journal, but you're not sure how to start? Do you love to journal, but need some fresh ideas? Here's a book to help you discover (or recover) the power of writing as a spiritual discipline. In these pages you'll find intriguing and encouraging insights on topics like "ordinary things," "discovery journaling," "drawing from another's well" and "dialogue jo ...more
Published March 1st 2001 by Inter-Varsity Press

To ask other readers questions about Journal Keeping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journal Keeping

Ethan
I loved all the ideas this book has given me for journaling. I had been journaling for some time before I read this, so the beginning was an encouragement to me to keep journaling rather than the impetus I needed to start. I agree with the author that journaling is a wonderful tool than can bring great spiritual growth and encouragement, and even though journaling may not be for everyone, I think everyone could benefit from it. Now that I've made my way all the way through, I will be using this ...more
Dean P.
This is a good little book that delves into the benefits of keeping a journal as a spiritual discipline. Budd considers many historical Christian figures and emphasizes their ability to keep journals and diaries.

Two passages from the book sum up her argument for keeping a regular journal.

"Journal keeping can help us to embrace wisdom, respond to the Lord and grow deeper in relationship with Christ." (p 28)

"Private writing gives us the time we need to pause and consider our lives. It gives us tim
Lady Jane
An extremely well-written, genuinely useful classic on journaling as a tool for spiritual growth. I really appreciated Budd's variety of ideas which one can then adapt to one's own style and season of life. I plan to refer to this gem again and again and again.
Amy
Excellent, great ideas and insights. If you like to write you will feel inspired to use new techniques as well as continue in what you are already doing!
Mieke
Mieke marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Bethany Silva
Bethany Silva marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Brandi Thiesse
Brandi Thiesse marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Jason Goble
Jason Goble is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2014
Adalae
Adalae marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Caydenspia
Caydenspia marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Shaleen
Shaleen marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kimberly Anstaett
Kimberly Anstaett marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Sonja
Sonja marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
Linda Martin
Linda Martin is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2014
Wendy
Wendy is currently reading it
Sep 07, 2014
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014