Start by marking “Angelique's Descent, Part 1 (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Angelique's Descent, Part 1 (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #1)

Angelique's Descent, Part 1 (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings #1)

The first passions of Angelique and Barnabas are revealed at last. Growing up in the island paradise of Martinique , Angeliue Bouchard finds herself plunged into a world of betrayal and corruption. Imprisoned by her cruel father, she turns to the dark arts for solace, not knowing that a chance meeting with the young Barnabas Collins will soon change her life forever.

Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 31st 2007 by Big Finish Productions

To ask other readers questions about Angelique's Descent, Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelique's Descent, Part 1

Evanston Public  Library
If you loved the Dark Shadows daytime soap opera (1966-1971), you’ll remember two of the show’s most popular characters: Barnabas Collins and Angelique Bourchard, who appear in the 1795 storyline. The television drama revealed that Angelique—maidservant to the lovely Josette Du Pres—was also secretly a voodoo-practicing witch, who hailed from the island of Martinique. Intimated was Angelique’s once-romantic involvement with the dashing Barnabas Collins, heir of a Maine shipping magnate. But ...more
Carol Stowe
Jan 16, 2015 Carol Stowe rated it liked it
This book is a must for any Dark Shadows fan as it gives the early history of the witch Angelique. Barnabas, now living in the 1970's, finds Angelique's journal and begins to read. Chapter by chapter, the plot switches from the present to Angelique's past as recorded in the journal. Her personality slowly darkens as she ages and is preyed upon by power-hungry men. One can almost feel sorry for her at the end. Almost.
Susan
Jul 01, 2009 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio, dark-shadows
I love Dark Shadows so any story associated, no matter how bad, has to be good. However, that wasn't the case here. I loved this story. It traces Angelique's life from childhood up till her living in Collinsport as Josette's maid.

Lara Parker added so much detail to Angelique's life that reading gave me a completely different perspective on who she is. If I had had this back story while watching the series, I don't think I would have disliked her so much!

I completely enjoyed this story from beg
Reeny
Nov 08, 2011 Reeny rated it really liked it
I have always loved Angelique she was my favorite character on the Dark Shadows television series as a child. I had always believed she was misunderstood and after reading this book I found I was correct.

It's a shame this book could not have been written when the television show was in progress forty five years ago, this book gave us inside depth to Angelique and who else better to do this than Lara Parker a great actress, I wish we could have got to see more of her upon the screen.
Linda
Mar 16, 2014 Linda rated it it was ok
Lara Parker is quite the writer, but the sadomasochistic sex that permeated throughout the mumbo jumbo voodoo world did not resonate well with me. Just did not adhere to the "Dark Shadows" genre and was just plain convoluted in points. I will stick to the tormented vampire Barnabas stories any day...
Kathleen
Mar 03, 2016 Kathleen rated it liked it
I LOVE the old tv show Dark Shadows. I thought I would give this a try since it gives you a background story of Angelique, that you don't hear in the show. Angelique's Decent was well written and at parts interesting. However, there was a lot of sexual content and child abuse, so not a book for the weak-hearted.
Linds
Set during the Haitian Revolt, better and more interesting than a "extended adventures from a tv show" should be.
Aurora White
Aurora White rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Saturnberry
Saturnberry rated it really liked it
May 05, 2016
David Andres
David Andres rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Barbara
Barbara rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2012
G
G rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Pupottina
Pupottina rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Sep 07, 2013
Pia
Pia rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
J.D. Horn
J.D. Horn rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2013
Bc Audranaša
Bc Audranaša rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2011
Rachel Redhead
Rachel Redhead rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Laura rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Kristin  Clouse
Kristin Clouse rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Lisa Fox
Lisa Fox rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
John Bruni
John Bruni rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2013
Scott Vandervalk
Scott Vandervalk rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2015
Gwen
Gwen rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Angelique
Angelique rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2009
Jakob Sheridan
Jakob Sheridan rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2012
Brent
Brent rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
LARA PARKER played the role of Angelique on Dark Shadows. She grew up in Memphis Tennessee, attended Vassar College, majored in Drama at the University of Iowa, and received her MFA in Creative Writing from Antioch University at Los Angeles. She lives in Topanga Canyon, California.
More about Lara Parker...

Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings (1 - 10 of 44 books)
  • Angelique's Descent, Part 2 (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #2)
  • Clothes of Sand (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #3)
  • The Ghost Watcher (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #4)
  • The Skin Walkers (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #5)
  • The Path of Fate (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #6)
  • The Wicked and the Dead (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #7)
  • Echoes of Insanity (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #8)
  • Curse of the Pharaoh (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #9)
  • Final Judgment (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #10)
  • Blood Dance (Dark Shadows Dramatic Readings, #11)