Blank-133x176
Aaron's hair

Robert Munsch

Aaron's hair

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  453 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Aaron grows his hair long to look like his father. But the hair is unruly, and one day while combing it, Aaron says "Hair, I hate you!" Suddenly the hair jumps off Aaron's head and runs away! With Aaron in frantic pursuit, it attaches itself to people and things all over the neighborhood, resulting in a huge traffic jam. Aaron is finally reunited with his hair--but not qui...more
29 pages
Published June 15th 2000 by Scholastic Canada (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Aaron's hair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aaron's hair

Emily
Halirious! Or should I say...Harilirious
Carol
In this Munsch book, we have a different illustrator(s) - Alan and Lea Daniel. The craziness of Martchenko is still in this one, but the drawings have a slightly different feel. The cause of all the upset - Aaron yelling at his hair and saying "Hair! I hate you!" is something most everyone can relate to on all those bad hair hairs we've all had. And obviously, you are never to young to have a bad hair day. Aaron looks about 6-8 years old and he's fascinated by his dad's do (crazy blond beard and...more
Tam
Amber Lynch
Aaron decided to grow his hair out to look more like his dad. He then started having trouble with his hair and he declared that he hated it. This offended his hair and so his hair decided to run away from Aaron. The hair takes Aaron on a wild adventure as it decides to be anywhere but Aaron's head. How will Aaron get his hair back? Read and find out!

This book may be used as text to text connection with the Gingerbread Man. I thought of this as soon as I started reading so the teacher may read bo...more
Slayermel
This is a very silly book about a little boy named Aaron who is having a bad hair day. When he gets mad at his hair, his hair decides to run away and Aaron is left chasing after it.

My one complaint about the book is that every time he catches up to the hair and it's stuck to someone, Aaron suggests the person tell the hair that they don't like it. Then that person says "Hair! I hate you". I just find Hate to be such a strong word especially when it would have sufficed for the person to say "Hair...more
Connie
Robert Munsch, for the uninitiated, writes a number of cheerfully absurd books. This one is about a boy who hates his hair, and finds that saying that hurts his hair's feelings so much that it runs away. Sentient hair!

Frankly, I find Aaron running around telling people to tell his hair that they hate it so it'll stop growing on them to be a bit tasteless, but my nieces *adore* this book and ask for it often, so I can overlook that part.

If you're concerned about use of the phrase "I hate you" you...more
Betsy
This one was pretty funny. It uses the word "hate" when talking about Aaron's hair...so might have to address that word before reading it aloud in class. But, I still think it's a fun book. You can hear the author read it aloud here http://robertmunsch.com/books. Great for visualizing activity.
Roger Smitter
What a great book for showing all of us (regardless of age) that some things that we don't like about ourselves are the things that we miss the most when they are gone. When we want that thing back, it will be good for us.
Katherine
Oct 24, 2011 Katherine rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katherine by: Samuel
Samuel was laughing so loud as he read this to himself that I ran upstairs to find out what he was up to. After seeing what he was laughing so hard over, I obviously had to read it, too. Yup. It's a laugh-out-loud hilarious book!
Marianne
I really like this story! It's one of the shorter ones of his I have found and Lea loves that it's so silly! She walks around saying "i hate you hair!" so cute!
Jennie
Mar 05, 2008 Jennie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: for-the-kids
This is also one from my daughter's book club. We just got it and my kids love it. The idea of someone having to chase their hair all over town is funny.
Tara
Funny book about what happens when you tell your hair you hate it. Aarons' hair jumped off his head looking for a new home because he had hurt its' feelings.
Rachel
Takes a very simple idea and turn's it into a story. Can ask student's if there us something they don't like and create similar pieces.
Kate
Not my favourite...but it's still very good. The story is unbelievably silly but still manages to sneak in a tiny moral. Cute.
Amanda Day
This story is a funny one about unmanagable hair that ends up leaving the boy's head because he didn't like it.
Teri
Really disappointing from the author of Love You Forever, and recommended on some good teaching blogs. Blah--
Georgia
Takes place in the city I went to college in! I used to pass that fountain every day.
Lesley
I can see where this book could be humorous, but it just didn't do anything for me.
Elyce
Odd story, but the kids would enjoy some of the wacky ideas of where the hair goes.
Jon
It was liked, but the phrase "I hate you" repeats throughout the book.
Amberly
Less expressive text in this Robert Munsch book. The illustrations are great.
Good Gu
I wish when i say i hate my hair, it will never get off.
Ashanti
I liked the part when he said hair i hate you!
Tracy Morton
Hairscapades will make the kiddies giggle.
PWRL
Jul 22, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
E
Ana Benitez
Ana Benitez marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
  • Alphabet Mystery
  • The Runaway Pumpkin
  • Boundless Grace
  • The Baby Sister
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • Baghead
  • The Story of Jumping Mouse
  • Froggy Goes to the Doctor
  • Clifford and the Grouchy Neighbors
  • Pigsty
  • Johnny Appleseed: A Tall Tale
  • Big Chickens
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
Robert Munsch was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Fordham University in 1969 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and from Boston University in 1971 with a Master of Arts degree in anthropology.

He studied to become a Jesuit priest, but decided he would rather work with children after jobs at orphanages and daycare centers. In 1973, he received a Master of Education in Chil...more
More about Robert Munsch...
Love You Forever The Paper Bag Princess Stephanie's Ponytail Thomas' Snowsuit Mortimer

“Fake things can't really happen.” 0 likes