Start by marking “Unmasked (UN-Forgettable, #4)” as Want to Read:
Unmasked (UN-Forgettable, #4)

Unmasked (UN-Forgettable #4)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  23 reviews
To the merchants he plunders, he’s the Ghost Rider of the Dead Zone. To sector law enforcement, he’s a wanted pirate. To the slaves he rescues, he’s the savior, laghato. To one determined female, Qaade Deter is serious trouble.
Torrie Masters had heard of the legendary raider, but she’d never expected to encounter him. Nor would she have expected that beneath his black mask
Mass Market Paperback, 335 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Love Spell (first published May 31st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Unmasked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unmasked

Jacqueline
Okay finished this one for the SFR challenge. It was okay. The sci fi element, while definitely there was not really intense enough for me. Some element of gritty realism was lacking for me. I realize that many who like sci fi romance are not as into hard sci fi as I am so there may be plenty of sci fi for them.

I also had a personal problem with the story in that it was about saving slaves. I wasn't real interested and I realize that slavery exists today so the topic is timely. I just needed mo
Chadwick Saxelid
Dinjolina
For some reason I am not a fan of these series.

Maybe there was some bad weather when I read this and the previouse books, because other readers seem to like the feel of the blended sci fi and romance.
I was not a hater, but at times the romance seemed detached from the whole futuristic aspect.

Also,even thou the characters were by no means one dimensional, I was unmoved and unable to like them. Or even hate them.
The only character that did bring forward a reaction from me was the villain-and that
Tracy
~* 4.5 Stars *~
Unmasked is Definitely Unforgettable

Torrie Masters fought long and hard for her own shipping run in the family business, Masters Shipping. She is captaining her freighter on her first run when her ship is wrenched from her control and boarded by pirates. Her crew is safe, and the pirates leave her alive, but there is no way that Torrie is going to let them get away with her cargo, nor allow any black marks to sully Masters Shipping's stellar reputation.

Not to mention, her family w
Jennifer Wardrip
The Unforgettable Series by C.J. Barry began with UNEARTHED, followed in short order by UNRAVELED and UNLEASHED. With UNMASKED, the author has brought us the most delectable hero of all-Qaade Deter. A man of many faces, he's at once a plunderer known only as the Ghost Rider of the Dead Zone. To law enforcement officials on a number of planets, he's a pirate wanted dead or alive. For the men and women forced into slavery and set free by an unknown hero, he's laghato, the savior. To Torrie Masters ...more
L.E.Olteano
The overall rating for the series is 4 butterflies. I had a great time reading these books, I had fun, I got a healthy dose of smutty galore, and I was very, very glad I got a chance to read them.
If I were to say what genre they’d go in, since people are always big on tags and stuff like that, I’d think these are romance with a sci-fi-ish twist, and not the other way around. There is a lot going on in each book, and there’s a whole universe weaved for them, but I feel the main element is the rom
Macarena Rivera
This book really surprised me. I was looking for a cool science fiction romance -not one of those "we're-star-crossed-lovers/it's-us-against-the-universe/now-let's-have-sex-for-living" kind of romance-, and I totally found it. The writing style was very fast-paced -a little too rushed, sometimes-, and the main plot was really interesting, though it could've been more developed. But the book's all about its characters, which is what I look for whenever I pick a book. Their personality traits were ...more
Pamela
I thought this book was good overall. It deals with slavery, both legal and illegal, and a pirate who's made it his life's mission to free and help as many slaves recover as he can. The main character is the youngest child and only daughter in a family that runs a huge shipping business, and she gets involved with the pirate after he raids her ship. The romance didn't seem forced or rushed; the characters had great chemistry, and I believed that they'd fall for each other quickly. The villain wa ...more
Mitabird
This book was pretty good, though it was a departure from the first three books. I thought the others were light and fluffy reads. This one was a lot darker. I thought Torrie and Qaade made a great team, but were not convincing as lovers. That sexual spark was missing in their relationship. Torrie was a bit of a spoiled princess, but boy did she get an eye opening experience with the life Qaade led. His mission was to rescue slaves from their slavers. Qaade wanted to be the one in control of eve ...more
Sonya Lano
I quite liked this book. Especially Nod who was cute the way he kept conking out when he ran out of energy / memory!
I know this is a short review, but I don't have much to say because, very simply, the characters were perfectly fine and the writing good and I can't think of anything that bothered me about it, nor anything to gush about (Nod for me really was the best part about it!). It's an easy read :o)
Oh, yeah, the cover still makes me crack up!
Sarah T
In my giant science fiction romance binge (yes, I found out there are trashy books IN SPACE and thus have finally moved on from this summer's Regency binge), this was probably one of the better books I've read recently. My rating would really be 3.5. The slave ring plot didn't feel shoehorned in alongside the romantic elements, and I appreciated that the hero & heroine weren't stuck on the ship together the whole time and did other things.

GONZA
This was absolutely the best of this sci-fi series fo four books. I liked the history and there weren't any plot problems, but the villain was not so bad and the future stuff was not so sci-fi. Anyway a good story for a nice time.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND CARINA PRESS FOR THE PREVIEW
Jane (PS)
Good book - not too much sex (which was welcome) - it was more about the interaction, than descriptive sex which I find (more and more) I am skipping over. Will definitely read another - starting at the beginning with 'Unearthed'.
Jan
Not bad but slightly disappointed.
For a book about slavery I expected a bigger emotional punch. Good and strong characters though, and I quite liked how the romance evolved, even though it developed a bit fast.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
I almost didn't read this one after the disappointment that was book 3. This was so much better, I think this is the best one in the 4 book series. I loved Torrie and Qaade.
Cynthia
Cool story. Was just what I needed to help me feel better after several rotten days. Don't miss this one! You'll really enjoy it.
Kathrynn
Mar 17, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantic Sci-Fi Readers
I read this series several years ago and I remember this being one of my favorites. Nice romantic sci-fi! Great characters.
ms bookjunkie
I do believe this is my favorite book in the series. Adventurous, exciting and important. I really liked it.
ML
Really liked this one-plenty of action, romance and space pirates. Page turner.
Lucky
Four stars for all the books. I really enjoyed this entire series.
Aparna
Very similar to SK ... or is SK similar to her ????
Mary
Good, but melodramatic, like Exodus in space
Caroline
3 stars
Verodarling Melani
Verodarling Melani marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 28, 2015
Cindy Thoreson
Cindy Thoreson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
  • The Skypirate (Coalition, #2)
  • Shielder (Shielder, #1)
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • My Favorite Earthling (Otherworldly Men, #2)
  • The Power of Two (2176, #4)
  • Day of Fire (2176, #2)
  • Insufficient Mating Material (God Princes of Tigron, #2)
  • The Ultimatum (Rystani #3)
  • Stellarnet Rebel
  • Close Encounters (Alien Affairs, #1)
C.J. grew up reading science fiction novels, comic books, and her brother's Cracked magazines. In high school, a creative writing teacher told her she should be a writer, but she decided to go to college instead. In college, a writing professor told her she should be a writer, but she decided to be a computer programmer instead. A husband, a cat and two kids later, an adult education teacher told ...more
More about C.J. Barry...

UN-Forgettable (4 books)
  • Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1)
  • Unraveled (UN-Forgettable, #2)
  • Unleashed (UN-Forgettable, #3)
Unearthed (UN-Forgettable, #1) Unraveled (UN-Forgettable, #2) Unleashed (UN-Forgettable, #3) Redemption (Soul, #1) Body Master (The Body, #1)