Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)

Skid (Occupational Hazards #3)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  183 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Blissfully unaware that Atlantica Flight 1945 from Atlanta to Amsterdam is about to make aviation history, First Officer Danny McSweeney focuses his energies on navigating the turbulent personalities of an eccentric female captain, a co-pilot with a talent for tactless comments and conspiracy theories, and a lead flight attendant with an outsized attitude that definitely e...more
Published May 20th 2008 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Skid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skid

Jessie Weaver
Pilot Danny McSweeney is wrapped up in a recent split from his fiancée when he prepares to board an international flight to Amsterdam where he will act as First Officer.

What he didn't expect was a flight full of crazies: a pilot who famously landed in the Bermuda Triangle and peppers her windshield with Post-It notes; a crew that includes a flight attendant with hot flashes and another officer with hypoglycemia and a cutting tongue; a woman traveling with her pig; a criminal being escorted back...more
Steve
I thought this book was cleverly written. I read Rene Gutteridge's "Boo" series of books and enjoyed those thoroughly. These however are much quirkier and have a more interesting band of characters, from a "dead" lady, a pig, and a diamond smuggler to a disgruntled flight attendant and jilted girlfriend. There is enough here to keep you entertained. It's not too deep, it's not too long, it's a great fun book and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Meredith Adams
Fabulous!! It was full of fun and thought-provoking ideas at the same time from cover to cover. It is a little confusing at first but totally worth the time it takes to get into the main plot. If you like reading about pigs, women who seem dead, and a little diamond theft on an airplane, you will love this book!
Ruth
Skid is, hands down, the best entry in Rene Gutteridge's Occupational Hazards series and probably a close second - maybe even tied for first - with my favorite Gutteridge novel, My Life as a Doormat: In Three Acts. Hank is the third Hazard sibling to have his career misadventures chronicled in this series and he is the most fully realized, interesting, and sympathetic sibling to be featured to date. After a brief introduction in Snitch where he helped his police officer sister break up an auto t...more
Jenny
This was a bizarre book. It started out with a scene from the Hazard clown business, which seemed to have no relevance to the rest of the book. Is this something that makes more sense when you read more of this series?

In addition, the story was funny and I definitely learned more about how places fly - but then God starts factoring into the story?! One character talking about God makes sense but there are three men who suddenly start spouting how God is the only thing that matters in life. One o...more
Ashley Townsend
I love Rene's Occupational Hazards series, and this one did not disappoint. I traveled to Canada and brought it along as a light read, and the flight attendant laughed aloud when he saw the cover (I stand by my claim that it wasn't a bad omen to bring it along). The first half was very enjoyable, but the real gut laughs started about halfway through. I mean, a crazed hog with a penchant for chewing plastic and sedatives, hot flashing flight attendants, a serious case of the hiccups, and crazines...more
17rc
BEST OF THE SERIES! It is also being made into a movie—I can hardly wait!
Raquel
I'm sorry. It's hard to write a book so I hate to be critical but this was hard to get into. What was the first chapter about?
Nadine

I love Rene Gutteridge books, having said that I could only give this 3 stars which is still good to my standards. I found this book funny but not like her other books. Maybe I loved the "BOO" series so much it may have tainted this book. Still liked it though and can't wait to see the movie. Happy Reading :)
Kelly
Another cute installment about one of the Hazard children from Rene Gutteridge. This one involving Hank being an undercover agent for an airline to see how their customer service is. As usual in the lives of the Hazard children the unexpected happens and hilarity ensues.
Lisa
This book should probably get 1 1/2 stars, but there is no option for that. Despite the fact that it isn't a great book, very formulaic and completely unrealistic, it was perfect for the 2 days I was sick with a cold and needed something easy and distracting.
Guan Jie Fung
Perfect book! It is a hilarious book! :3 Like it says on the cover the laughing never stops until the wheels touch the tarmac! I recommend it to anyone who likes planes or humor type books. It is a MUST read for Caleb and Jacob.
Tanya
Oct 10, 2012 Tanya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I thought this was a fun story. I've really been enjoying this series. Although I'm reading them slightly out of order, since I accidentally grabbed books 1 & 3 rather than 1 & 2. I like that its kind of lighthearted and funny.
Snow
Everything that could happen on a transatlantic flight, happened in this story! And even with a different structure from Scoop, this still incorporated another Hazard sibling -- Hank -- in an entertaining way.
Diane
Light, fun and easy reading. The "Occupational Hazards" is a cute series but doesn't quite reach the fun of the "Boo" series. Still worth the read.
Lèrowen
I loved this book not to mention the whole series. Fun, meaningful, and completly enjoyable. I would add this book to my shelf.
Kristin Young
SO funny! I LOL'd many times. Great characters! I have never read a book so quickly. Totally recommend.
Cathleen
1 1/2 stars? There's humor, and then there's just silliness. This is most definitely the latter.
Michelle
It was funny. Christian based. But funny. I would read others by this author.
Bethie (Libby)
Very funny - but I wish that there could have been more at the end.
Rhonda
It was ok, predictable, a little too much crazy stuff going on.
Tiffany
This book was really funny!
Sandra
Fun, just plain fun.
Jodie Bailey
Jodie Bailey marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Nikki
Nikki added it
Aug 18, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Keenan
Keenan added it
Jul 26, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Rene Gutteridge is the award-winning and best-selling author of more than eighteen novels, including the beloved Boo Series and Heart of the Country, her novelization release with director John Ward and Tyndale House Publishers. Her recent suspense titles include Listen, Possession and the award-winning Seven Hours project Escapement. She's been published by Bethany House, Tyndale House, WaterBroo...more
More about Rene Gutteridge...
Listen Boo Never the Bride Boo Who My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)