Start by marking “Oscar and the Frog: A Book About Growing” as Want to Read:
Oscar and the Frog: A Book About Growing

Oscar and the Frog: A Book About Growing

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A first science book that introduce young readers to core science concepts through fresh, graphic illustrations, engaging stories, and supplemental activity suggestions.

Oscar is a curious kitten, and at the pond he is full of questions about growing things. Luckily, Frog can help with the answers — after all, he’s gone through some impressive changes himself! From butterfl
Published September 23rd 2008 by Candlewick Press (first published February 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Oscar and the Frog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oscar and the Frog

Hannah Honey
Why am I unable to read this book?
Michele Stalmer
This is a fabulous read-to-me book for toddlers/preschoolers. It combines a light storyline with beginning science/nature concepts.
Tara
A frog explains to Oscar how he grew from a tadpole to a frog! The frog also tells Oscar about other creatures likes snails, dragonflies, fish and birds. They also talk about seeds and how those are like little eggs. The print is a little too small for storytime, but excellent for one on one reading.
Pynteya Bate
Another adorable book about how living things begin their life, how plants and animals grow, and reasons for eating. I love this book, very good way to teach children about living organisms, plants, and animals. Good book to keep in the classroom.
Lynn
Another book in the "Oscar" series that helps children learn about science. I highly recommend this book if you have a child who is very interested in science and nature. We will probably check out the whole series.
Carrie Gelson
Fantastic book to introduce concepts of growing and how different living things begin, grow and develop. Like the connections between plants and animals.
Jamie
This was a cute way to talk about the life cycle. It's all fact so it would be great for a science lesson for first graders!
I like that Oscar learns about different things and makes it fun. I like the illustrations as well. They are simple and cute.
Lori
A really nice book about growing, mostly told between two friends, a frog and a kitten.
Tina
"egg creatures, plants life cycles, growing, science, biology, how things grow"
Gail
Awesome series. My daughter liked this one a lot.
Gina Starling
PK-2

A cute story about how living things grow and change.
Lisa
Why are there blank pages inside?
Bronwyn
Bronwyn marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Idurham
Idurham marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Oscar and the Moth: A Book About Light and Dark Oscar and the Bird: A Book About Electricity Oscar And The Bat (Oscar) Oscar And The Snail: A Book About Things That We Use Oscar and the Cricket: A Book About Moving and Rolling