Start by marking “Puppy Mudge Finds a Friend” as Want to Read:
Puppy Mudge Finds a Friend

Puppy Mudge Finds a Friend (Puppy Mudge)

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Puppy Mudge and his new friend, Fluffy, play and play until they get so tired that they curl up together for a nap. Who says cats and dogs can't be friends?
Published November 1st 2005 by Simon Spotlight (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Puppy Mudge Finds a Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Puppy Mudge Finds a Friend

Rosa Cline
Feb 07, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a basic storybook. With just a few words per page helps make a beginning reader easy to read. A few words repeated throughout the book. Mudge is a huge dog that later has a series of books for older children. These younger books are for beginning readers and is about Mudge as a puppy. In this one Mudge finds a good friend from a kitten.
Russell
Sep 25, 2014 Russell rated it liked it
Sweet simplistic tale, an ode to the importance of friendship. Probably a lesson about having a diverse group of friends, too.
Jan 08, 2010 Sarah rated it it was amazing
These books are so well loved at my branch that the paper has become cloth like and soft. I once had a copy leaning against the back window and had a boy and his dad come and ask if they could check it out. This series is an enduring classic, people remember it from their youth and ask for smudge books. The Puppy series is nice because it is at a very beginning level, which is the level most parents have difficulty finding books to read that their children want to read and can read.
Madison Jones
Apr 28, 2013 Madison Jones rated it really liked it
A book about friends, it shows how even though a cat and dog are different they can still be freinds! This would be a great book for children who are just learning to read. Because I want to teach primary grades, I would love to add this book to my classroom. I would reccomend this book for children in preschool/kindergarten, but also struggling readers in older grades.
Edward Creter
I like this simple yet sweet book. Mudge has made a friend out of a cat named Fluffy. Impossible, you say? With God, ALL things are possible. Ever see the documentary on Animal Planet where different species actually love each other? Pigs AND lions, elephants AND rhinos, penguins AND polar bears! It happens, guys!!!!!! Read this to kids! Please do!!!
Dolly
Jul 30, 2009 Dolly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2009, pets
This is a great book for beginning readers. Short, simple sentences with some repetition and a fun theme make this a great book for a child to read alone or aloud with an adult. Our girls love these books! We've borrowed this one a couple of times and our girls took turns reading it aloud to me the second time around.
Kathy
Mar 11, 2010 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-readers
Mudge, the Puppy plays with the cat. In Puppy Mudge Takes a Bath--Henry takes a bath with Mudge, and then Mudge meets a skunk! "Ready to Read" prelevel 1 from Simon and Schuster. 1 or 2 sentences a page with delightful pictures. Puppy Mudge is charming for beginning readers.
Ashlyn Barker
Great books for early readers. Uses simple common words with a very simple storyline to help children develop confidence in their reading abilities. I wouldn't use it as a read aloud, but I would keep it in a classroom for new readers.
Erin Chambers
Easy read. Bigger text for younger readers. Repeats the same word often which assist in recognition of the word. Also, a cat and a dog become friends so it's about friendship and being friends with someone who looks different than you.
Tricia
Oct 10, 2008 Tricia rated it liked it
what's not to like about mudge? esp when on a playdate with fluffy the cat!
Kim Patton
Mar 12, 2012 Kim Patton rated it liked it
Beginning reader about Puppy Musge making friends with a cat.
Jill
AR 0.6
Tran
Tran marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Dawn Needham
Dawn Needham marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Hallie
Hallie added it
Jan 27, 2016
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 15, 2016
Meryem Gonulates
Meryem Gonulates rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Jakub Kesler
Jakub Kesler rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Library Project
Library Project marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Maddie
Maddie rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Ellen
Ellen added it
Oct 01, 2015
Joshua T
Joshua T rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2015
Sarah Kuhlman
Sarah Kuhlman rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2015
Readergirl77
Readergirl77 rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant...

Puppy Mudge (5 books)