Start by marking “Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)” as Want to Read:
Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)

Out of Control (Troubleshooters #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  8,459 Ratings  ·  282 Reviews

Savannah von Hopf has no choice. To save her uncle's life, she goes in search of Ken "WildCard" Karmody, a guy she barely knew in college who is now a military operative. She must convince him to help her deliver a cache of ransom money into the hands of terrorists halfway around the world. What she doesn't expect is to end up in WildCard's arms before she can even ask for

Mass Market Paperback, 470 pages
Published September 27th 2005 by Ballantine Books (first published February 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Out of Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out of Control

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,568 books — 2,087 voters
Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighThe Darkest Hour by Maya BanksUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
I Love A Man In Uniform
1,279 books — 1,326 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawna
5+ stars – Romantic Suspense

I really enjoyed this one...very entertaining. I loved the Survivor-esque plot with Navy SEAL Ken “WildCard” Kamody and Miss Prim and Proper Pollyanna Savannah von Hopf roughing it in the jungles of Indonesia, while escaping and evading terrorists and the local warlord. I have to say, Savannah handled traversing rough terrain in bare feet, sleeping in the mud, and eating slugs much better than I would and without complaints. Ken initially thinks she’s a spoiled, uptig
Mitzi
I spent the entire month of February in Cozumel on the beach reading the rest of the Troubleshooter series and it’s a good thing my Kindle’s whispernet worked or I would have had a stroke!!!......This series is so damn addictive….you can’t read just one, and you definitely must read them in order. I liked some of the books much better than others….but this one is Fantastic!!!...There is so much going on.......

1)The main story of the rich prim/proper girl (Savannah) meets bad boy Navy Seal Ken K
Linda
I wasn't expecting to enjoy Out of Control as much as I did. Really!

When I consider a series, I am one of those readers that needs to start with the first story. Rarely -and I actually have a tag for this- do I reveal a book is fine as a standalone. That said, Ms. Brockmann used multiple characters from previous narratives with The Troubleshooters. When I began, and having not read the first three books, I considered (I didn't actually do it) looking for a notebook to write down who was involved
Leea
Jun 06, 2012 Leea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Buddy read with Wendy F.

The Troubleshooter Series just keeps getting better and better as they progress. I'm hooked. Call me a fan of Brockmann from this moment forward.

“A flying bookstore.” Molly smiled at him. “Be still my heart.”

In Out of Control we are again given not one, not two but three love stories.

Savannah and Ken: Their love affair is like a fire, it's hot and started fast. Ken puts his foot in his mouth for most of the book but he finally comes to his senses and see's what's right
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I wasn't going to read this book for a few weeks as I didn't want to overdose too much on the same author....however I just couldn't resist reading Wildcard's story! And now the bad thing is, is that I can't decide who I like more Wildcard or Stan (although I would have to go with Stan just on a height basis)

The heroine in the story is Savannah Van Hopf who knows Kenny "Wildcard" Karmody from Yale and has had a crush on him ever since. She needs his help as her Uncle Alex has been kidnapped and
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Five big fat stars all the way. Two great heros paired up with two absolutely wonderful heroines, three great love stories, lots of action and laughter and tears all the way. Just wow. I can't wait to go onto the next one. Thank God I'm years behind this author and I've all the Troubleshooter books all good to go.
MBR
5+ Stars Romantic Suspense

Book 4 in the Troubleshooter series stars Navy SEAL Ken Karmody, who gets nicknamed as “Wild Card” because of his ability to think out of the box and come out winning however difficult a problem might be. Ken had certainly not led a charming childhood with an emotionally and physically abusive father, which had in the end toughened him up and made Ken determined to do what he wanted in life. Ken is a genius when it comes to computers and whatnot and beneath his tough
Lori McD
4.5-5 stars (And 5 stars is really, really hard for me to give!)

What can I say? This one was FAB! Loved that there was more of a light-heartedness feel to the book most of the way through. Sure, the situation in the jungle for Ken/Savannah, Alex, Molly/Jones isn't "light-hearted", but there was something other than intense gloom and doom at all times.

I'll have to come back at another time and really review this book... not feeling well today.

I want MORE of Rose's and Hank's story! I always love
Gina
Feb 09, 2010 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book Brockmann advances her skills considerably. Ken and Savannah are good characters, the WWII subplot is again an interesting one and even the 2 mini plots of Molly/Jones and Alyssa/Sam are good. All stories are intertwined nicely and the fact that someone from each of the pairings is reading the same book was clever.

One thing that did aggravate me from time to time was again the female lead thinking she could handle a situation better than a navy seal. Savannah ignores things Ken say
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
Awesomely Funny & Splendidly Romantic Book!

This pic reminds me of Savannah~she's was a sweetheart~

In Book 1 David and Mallary stole the show(Secondary Romance)
In Book 2 MC's Nils and Meg complety lost the show Sam and Alyssa took it.
In Book 3 Terry and Stan Shared the show with Max, Alyssa and Sam.
In Book 4 MC's SAVANNAH & KEN "WILDCARD' Well this was thier show and IMO NOBODY stole their show.

In This Book~

There was Secondary Romance of Molly and Jones just Wow on them, they were an
Shae
Jun 15, 2008 Shae rated it it was amazing
I think this one might be my favorite so far. Or at least, the characters were some of my favorite so far. As always, there was a WWII related storyline going at the same time, and I really liked how this one was done. It was kinda funny that all of the characters in the book were reading the same thing. It was a lot better than the Alzheimer lady of the previous book just slipping back into the past. One thing I thought was interesting was the fact that Wildcard who is basically a big giant gee ...more
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Three fantastic storylines contribute to one awesome read!

Each book in this series just gets better and better.
♡Karlyn P♡
Wonderful! Probably the best in the series. A must read for suspense romance fans.
Elaine
Jun 18, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! On a scale of 1-5 I rate it a 10! Love this series. Do yourself a favor and read it in order. This is a great author and this is an amazing series. I love both story lines. The current one as well as Rose's life during WWII. I love the way she transitions into each storyline. I would think that would be difficult to do smoothly, but she handles it well. While each book is about a Navy Seal couple, the series tells Rose's story in bits throughout all of the books.

Highly recommend
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
4.5 Stars...Best one of the series so far! What an awesome read! One thing's for sure - you get your money's worth with each book as there are at least 3 to 4 story-lines playing out. Loved Ken/Savannah, Molly/Jones, & Rose/Hank...heart broken for Alyssa/Sam. I really liked the tools the author used to tie it all together - like the different couples reading excerpts from Rose's book. As always, I love the backstory. Great job! A Must Read!
Tellulah Darling
Apr 20, 2013 Tellulah Darling rated it really liked it
Mouthy bad boys, spunky chicks, adventure and romance - what's not to love? I think that the tone of this book was pretty great. My big bump was that there were way too many times when the characters felt like crying. But overall, it was a hell of a lot of fun.
Christine Green
Feb 20, 2016 Christine Green rated it it was amazing
I love this series but this by far is my favorite book. I can't wait to find out what happens with all the characters that were in this book. Suzanne does such a great job of weaving stories and getting you ready for more.
Wendy
Apr 07, 2016 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jun-12, apr-16
Love this series!!!!!
Loved it again!!!!
Oct 19, 2016 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads, romance
I cannot tell a lie: WildCard Karmody does exactly nothing for me.

It's not the poor man's fault. He's a likeable enough techno geek wrapped in a badass Navy Seal package, and the narrative following his trip to Indonesia with heiress (and former college acquaintance) Samantha von Hopf to deliver a ransom for her uncle is full of action and humor and (of course) romance. But Kenny, sadly, is just not my thing.

Heinrich von Hopf and David Jones, however, are exactly my cuppa, so I read this one mor
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Review of the new rerecorded 2014 version - from Speaking of Audiobooks Top Ten 2014 Listens - my #3 choice:
Narrated by Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank

In August 2013, I shared with readers my all time favorite print romances. Number four on that list was Out of Control, the fourth entry to the Troubleshooter (TSS) series. Winning the 2002 Best Romance and Best Hero awards here at AAR, I recall being amazed at Brockmann’s storytelling and I simply loved this book that features more than one rom
jenjn79
Hildy
Aug 23, 2014 Hildy rated it really liked it
I think I'm the one who's out of control with this series. I was only going to read one more and now I can't seem to stop. I blame Suzanne. She wraps some things up in each book but makes you want to read the next one to see how other things are going to play out. I'm DYING to get to Sam's book but I'm trying to be patient. But then I think of Max and Jones and I just want more about all of them. GAH! I can't seem to read fast enough.

The main premise of this book was a kidnapping and attempt for
Lady Allison
Aug 11, 2011 Lady Allison rated it really liked it
I'm having a hard time sitting down & reviewing this one, but it's definitely not because I didn't love it, because I most certainly did.

This one was WildCard Karmody's story with the lovely (albeit quite naive) Savannah vonHopf. Savannah's always had a thing for Wildcard but that isn't the (main) reason why she finds him in San Diego - she needs a favor. Not just a change-my-flat-tire kind of favor, although fabulous man though he is, does that too. She has to go to Indonesia to bail her gr
Kath
Feb 04, 2009 Kath rated it liked it
While reading previous installments of this series (which I love), we heard about Wildcard from time to time. Up til now, he was known as somewhat of a technogeek whom was always cracking jokes. We also found him at the beginning of "Over the Edge" in a barfight as he hears that his ex-girlfriends places a restraining order on him. (you find out more about that in the story.)

Wildcard heads to Indonesia with Savannah, to drop off ransom money for her uncle as he doesn't want her to head into dang
Luli
Fantástico.
Este es el primer libro de Suzanne Brockmann que leo y no va a ser el último. Como poco es original, a saber, aparte de la pareja protagonista (Kenny y Savannah), el libro va contando otras dos historias diferentes, y una tercera un poco más de lejos (la que menos me gustó). Al principio choca un poco ir siguiendo cada una de ellas, pero he de reconocer que enseguida enganchan, están perfectamente diferenciadas y están perfectamente entrelazadas. Una de las historia está ambientada
Wendy F
Jun 05, 2012 Wendy F rated it it was amazing
So pissed right now. How frustrated do you get when you type out a whole long review and Goodreads is having issues saving posts?! Lost, the whole thing. So lame.

Here's the condensed version.

Ken & Savannah = HOT in the beginning, frustrating in the middle, sweet in the end.

Rose & Hank = Best flashback to WWII in the series. I want to read Rose's book myself.

Molly & Jones = Favorite couple in the series. The back and forth was wonderful.

Few more things to note.

Jones, love him. I want
Maqluba
Dec 22, 2012 Maqluba rated it really liked it
Once again I find myself wishing Brockmann wouldn't have a thousand and one stories happening at once. I really liked Kenny the nerd and Savannah the control freak. They were too cute for words.. I feel like I would have enjoyed their story much more had I not had to deal with the five other stories happening. Each story was good enough to have their own novel I thought- except for Sam and Alyssa who seem to be jammed in here for nothing (their push and pull is driving me nuts!). I really wish I ...more
Vera Maslow
Apr 12, 2016 Vera Maslow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Troubleshooters Series Book #4

So far my favorite of this series. All the storylines are well done. There are a lot of characters and a lot going on, but it's smooth transitioning between the different story's and doesn't seem jumpy or overdone.
I loved how the WWII story was a book written by one of the characters that the others were reading throughout the book. This author does a great job of pulling me into the story. I can't wait to read more of this series.
Tori
Jan 13, 2009 Tori rated it really liked it
I love this book! It's my favorite in the series so far, but it could be because I just adore Kenny!
I'm surely in the minority, but I also like the fact that Sam and Alyssa are less predominate in this book. Don't get me wrong, I love their story, and their characters, but it overwhelmed the main story in books 2 and 3 so much that I felt like S & A were the main story and those stories were underdeveloped filler.
Mareli
Jan 08, 2012 Mareli rated it it was amazing
What can I say? I love this author. This book was really good. It was so good that even if I didn't like so much the main characters of the book, I finished to give it 5 stars!

As I said I didn't love him and her so much at the beginning but they sort of grow on me and in the end I loved them so much! Besides I found other characters of this book really good. One of them is Molly who has been left a bit unfinished so I hope to meet her again.

• In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married to Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romance
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

“You love me,” he said. “That’s all I need to know.”
“You always say the right thing,” Savannah told him, her eyes so filled with love that he almost wept. “Sometimes it takes you awhile to get to it, but you always get there, and what you say is always worth waiting for.”
55 likes
“I’m going to carry you now,” he told her, “so we can move even faster. I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. Any response from you is unnecessary and unwelcome.” 23 likes