Super Fast, Out of Control!

Super Fast, Out of Control! (Marvin Redpost #7)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  230 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Many have tried to master the slippery slopes of Suicide Hill on their bikes. Marvin's older brother has conquered the hill, but Marvin has steered clear. Until now. The word at school is that Marvin will be taking on the hill with his new mountain bike. But the truth is, he can barely climb on the seat! And the gears--forget about it. How did he suddenly become a daredevi...more
Published May 23rd 2000 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2000)

Dolly
Dec 16, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
Shelves: 2013, childrens
This is the seventh book in the Marvin Redpost series. The story shows Marvin tackling his fear of riding his new bike and giving in to peer pressure.

The story is short and entertaining and I love that the author shows Marvin as a very real character who is sometimes afraid to admit his fears and ask for help.

We enjoyed reading this story together and will borrow the last book in this series, A Magic Crystal?, from our local library soon.
Yasuko Takatsuki
2011.7.16 7350words
Jessica Kang
Marvin was scared about riding his bicycle on the suicide hill. However, all of his freinds expected him to ride his bicycle. He asked his parents to buy him a mountain bicycle.
How can he solve the probelm???
Paul
This book was pretty good. I read it because I liked other books written by Louis Sachar. This is actually intended for younger kids than those others, I think, but it's still nice and it had a good message.
Ethan
It was funny that Marvin Redpost rode down Suicide Hill, but first he didn't want to and then he changed his mind. It made me wonder how scary that hill would be to ride down with a bike.
Catherine Woodman
Louis Sachar is a great writer for mid-grammar school age kids--The Marvin Redpost series is a great example of his talent at accessible writing and reading for this age group
Kirei
Marvin's friends want him to ride his bike down Suicide Hill. I like the way this ends.
Suzanne
fun book to read about courage with you child age 8-11.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
He was not going down suicide hill, but he faced his fear.
Carlos Robles
it was kind of awsome to read
Julisa Guzman
i like thiss book it funny
Evelyn
Oct 22, 2008 Evelyn added it
i loved it
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
Jul 03, 2014
Zohreh Hanifeh
Zohreh Hanifeh marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Kirk T
Kirk T added it
May 20, 2014
michelle solis
michelle solis marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Saydee
Saydee marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Louis Sachar (pronounced Sacker), born March 20, 1954, is an American author of children's books.

More about Louis Sachar...
Holes (Holes, #1) Sideways Stories From Wayside School (Wayside School #1) Wayside School Is Falling Down (Wayside School #2) Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger (Wayside School #3) Small Steps (Holes, #2)