Start by marking “Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life” as Want to Read:
Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life

Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life

4.20  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Are you holding on so tightly that God can't work in your life? In this revision of her best-selling book, Lisa shows readers how to give God complete control of their lives. Lisa's life was a whirlwind of turmoil until she realized that things ended up in a mess whenever she was in charge. Women of all ages can reflect on some of the following topics: Are you tired of pre ...more
Published February 16th 2006 by Charisma House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Out Of Control And Loving It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of Control And Loving It

Trinka
Oct 24, 2012 Trinka rated it really liked it
Although it was a few years after I read this book that I was finally able to let go, I still feel this book "saved my life." Giving complete control is one of the hardest things we can ever do. Our human-ness drives us to always want to be in control. We feel if we keep trying we'll come up with the answers we need. However, this book introduced me to the idea of fully relying on God.

So, when life left me no other option, the lessons in this book came to mind and it was a little less painful. N
Sophia Vilceus
Aug 20, 2015 Sophia Vilceus rated it really liked it
This book was precisely what I needed. I was so used to falsely believing that I needed to be in control of so much of my life, that I never let God be God. This book has allowed me to breathe in areas of my life that I was always holding my breath in. This book has allowed me to be free from all the things that left me uneasy. Well written. Biblically supported. A beautiful read...
Chris Ballantyne
Apr 30, 2012 Chris Ballantyne rated it it was amazing
To give up control is one of the hardest things anyone has to do. God has no plan b for our lives and this book inspires us to let go and allow god.
Runya Chinyanga
Apr 20, 2014 Runya Chinyanga rated it really liked it
Great piece of writing!! I'm learning to surrender all control now-- and be OUT OF CONTROL
Claire
Mar 23, 2014 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book and just what I needed right now! From a young married/young mom perspective, Lisa Bevere tackles some tough issues with Scripture and the Spirit's leading and shares some amazing struggles and breakthroughs she experienced as her young family grew and under the stresses of ministry. Several chapters spoke directly to things I had been dealing with and trying to let go of. Don't agree with some of Lisa's beliefs, but all-in-all really helpful book for ladies, especially married ...more
Vanessa
Highly recommended.
pianogal
Feb 14, 2013 pianogal rated it it was ok
I couldn't get into this one. Parts of it were good, but I thought it was just a choppy read. Maybe if someone used it more as a devotional than a straight read through. She'd make a point and have a scripture and make a point and have a scripture. Not necessary bad, just tough to stay engaged when this is the format.
Cindy Scinto
Nov 07, 2012 Cindy Scinto rated it it was amazing

I love this book. It's real and honest sharing of her heart and what troubles all women. I've read it more than once and suggest everyone read it at least one time. It's a fast read and easy to finish in one sitting.
Mandy
Jan 31, 2013 Mandy rated it liked it
Just finished this book and enjoyed reading a book where the author was honest and willing to tell you things they were able to improve on in their life, in detail.
Andrea
Jan 31, 2015 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Why did this have to be a novella?? I know,I know. There will be two more...but I just want to keep reading!!
Meghan
Jun 25, 2012 Meghan added it
Excellent. Recommended reading for Christian women.
Prophetess Cassandra
Nov 25, 2009 Prophetess Cassandra marked it as to-read
Recommended by my husband, good book to read
Cindy
May 09, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it
I sooo related to this book....
Mary Caldwell
May 04, 2011 Mary Caldwell rated it it was amazing
life changing!!!
Sherri
Sherri rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Joy-Ann Curd
Joy-Ann Curd rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Raili
Raili rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Susan Brown campbell
Susan Brown campbell marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
1verylovedmom
1verylovedmom marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Bobbe Batterton
Bobbe Batterton marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Sakina Kiliya
Sakina Kiliya marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
alexis martinique newlin
alexis martinique newlin marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Brynn
Brynn marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Sarah Hupp
Sarah Hupp rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Sherri Steffens
Sherri Steffens rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2016
Marcia Heff
Marcia Heff rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
  • The Anger Workbook
  • Driven by Eternity: Making Your Life Count Today & Forever
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • Life Recovery Bible-Nlt
  • A Family Guide to Narnia: Biblical Truths in C.S. Lewis's the Chronicles of Narnia
  • Voice in the Night: The True Story of a Man and the Miracles That Are Changing Africa
  • Plain Living: A Quaker Path to Simplicity
  • The World According to Narnia: Christian Meaning in C. S. Lewis's Beloved Chronicles
  • Finding My Way Home: Pathways to Life and the Spirit
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • Battlefield of the Mind: Winning The Battle in Your Mind - Study Guide
  • Jacob the Baker: Gentle Wisdom For a Complicated World
  • Rumi's Little Book of Life: The Garden of the Soul, the Heart, and the Spirit
  • Passion For Jesus: Growing in Extravagant Love for God
  • What's So Amazing About Grace? Study Guide
  • This Is a Soul: The Mission of Rick Hodes
Lisa Bevere is a Christian author of the books Lioness Arising, Nurture, Fight Like a Girl, Kissed the Girls and Made Them Cry, Out of Control and Loving It! Be Angry but Don't Blow It! The True Measure of a Woman, and You Are Not What You Weigh.
In addition to speaking at national and international conferences, she is a frequent guest on Christian television and radio shows. Lisa is also the cohos
More about Lisa Bevere...