Start by marking “Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life” as Want to Read:
Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life

Out Of Control And Loving It: Giving God Complete Control of Your Life

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Are you holding on so tightly that God can't work in your life? In this revision of her best-selling book, Lisa shows readers how to give God complete control of their lives. Lisa's life was a whirlwind of turmoil until she realized that things ended up in a mess whenever she was in charge. Women of all ages can reflect on some of the following topics: Are you tired of pre ...more
Published February 16th 2006 by Charisma House (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Out Of Control And Loving It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Out Of Control And Loving It

Chris Ballantyne
To give up control is one of the hardest things anyone has to do. God has no plan b for our lives and this book inspires us to let go and allow god.
What a great book and just what I needed right now! From a young married/young mom perspective, Lisa Bevere tackles some tough issues with Scripture and the Spirit's leading and shares some amazing struggles and breakthroughs she experienced as her young family grew and under the stresses of ministry. Several chapters spoke directly to things I had been dealing with and trying to let go of. Don't agree with some of Lisa's beliefs, but all-in-all really helpful book for ladies, especially married ...more
Sophia Vilceus
This book was precisely what I needed. I was so used to falsely believing that I needed to be in control of so much of my life, that I never let God be God. This book has allowed me to breathe in areas of my life that I was always holding my breath in. This book has allowed me to be free from all the things that left me uneasy. Well written. Biblically supported. A beautiful read...
Normally I'm not a huge fan of Lisa Bevere's books (she's that "girly" type of Christian author, which does not usually appeal to me) but this one is on a topic I struggle with, and her chapter on fear was of particular interest to me. So this book was actually pretty helpful. She also has a sort of "work book" thing at the end of each chapter, which I liked.
Although it was a few years after I read this book that I was finally able to let go, I still feel this book "saved my life." Giving complete control is one of the hardest things we can ever do. Our human-ness drives us to always want to be in control. We feel if we keep trying we'll come up with the answers we need. However, this book introduced me to the idea of fully relying on God.

So, when life left me no other option, the lessons in this book came to mind and it was a little less painful. N
Highly recommended.
I couldn't get into this one. Parts of it were good, but I thought it was just a choppy read. Maybe if someone used it more as a devotional than a straight read through. She'd make a point and have a scripture and make a point and have a scripture. Not necessary bad, just tough to stay engaged when this is the format.
Cindy Scinto

I love this book. It's real and honest sharing of her heart and what troubles all women. I've read it more than once and suggest everyone read it at least one time. It's a fast read and easy to finish in one sitting.
Just finished this book and enjoyed reading a book where the author was honest and willing to tell you things they were able to improve on in their life, in detail.
Why did this have to be a novella?? I know,I know. There will be two more...but I just want to keep reading!!
Runya Chinyanga
Great piece of writing!! I'm learning to surrender all control now-- and be OUT OF CONTROL
Jun 25, 2012 Meghan added it
Excellent. Recommended reading for Christian women.
Prophetess Cassandra
Nov 25, 2009 Prophetess Cassandra marked it as to-read
Recommended by my husband, good book to read
I sooo related to this book....
Mary Caldwell
life changing!!!
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Mark marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Debora.Fa7gmail.Com marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Ashley Hamlin
Ashley Hamlin marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Bigkrl marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Valerie Caterinicchia
Valerie Caterinicchia marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Stacy marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Sheri marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Lee marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
  • The Anger Workbook
  • Driven by Eternity: Making Your Life Count Today & Forever
  • Jerusalem Countdown, Revised and Updated: A Prelude To War
  • The Power of a Praying Parent Book of Prayers
  • Be Anxious for Nothing: The Art of Casting Your Cares and Resting in God
  • Rumi's Little Book of Life: The Garden of the Soul, the Heart, and the Spirit
  • A Family Guide to Narnia: Biblical Truths in C.S. Lewis's the Chronicles of Narnia
  • Finding My Way Home: Pathways to Life and the Spirit
  • Voice in the Night: The True Story of a Man and the Miracles That Are Changing Africa
  • Life Recovery Bible-Nlt
  • The Holy Spirit: Activating God's Power in Your Life
  • The World According to Narnia: Christian Meaning in C. S. Lewis's Beloved Chronicles
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • Plain Living: A Quaker Path to Simplicity
  • What's So Amazing About Grace? Study Guide
  • Passion For Jesus: Growing in Extravagant Love for God
  • Jacob the Baker: Gentle Wisdom For a Complicated World
  • This Is a Soul: The Mission of Rick Hodes
Lisa Bevere is a Christian author of the books Lioness Arising, Nurture, Fight Like a Girl, Kissed the Girls and Made Them Cry, Out of Control and Loving It! Be Angry but Don't Blow It! The True Measure of a Woman, and You Are Not What You Weigh.
In addition to speaking at national and international conferences, she is a frequent guest on Christian television and radio shows. Lisa is also the cohos
More about Lisa Bevere...