Start by marking “One Day at Horror Land (Goosebumps, #16)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
One Day at Horror Land

R.L. Stine
Preview

One Day at Horror Land (Goosebumps #16)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  9,118 ratings  ·  255 reviews
Werewolf Village. The Doom Slide. The Coffin Cruise. These are just a few of the famous attractions awaiting Luke and Lizzy Morris at HorrorLand, the amusement park where terror comes free with every ticket. Step right up and join the Morris family as they ride each ride--and scream each scream--for the very first time. Because it might also be their last.

It's the classic
Library Binding, 0 pages
Published October 1st 1999 by Bt Bound (first published 1994)

Carmen
Sep 25, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, horror, fiction
On re-reading the Goosebumps series, I am surprised by how INSANE these books are. I have no idea what kind of ... substances... Stine was enjoying when coming up with this series, but the books are just so WEIRD. This is #16, and let me tell you, they are not getting any saner.

Lizzy, 12, her 10-year-old brother Luke, and his best friend Clay are driving with Lizzy's parents to Zoo Gardens. But the family gets horribly lost and stumbles onto a remote amusement park called HORRORLAND.

As soon as t
Nick James
Man, this brings back memories. This is, I think, the most popular in the Goosebumps series, right? This also might be my favorite.
The Morris family plan to go to Zoo Gardens but accidentally end up at Horrorland, where people dress up as "Horrors" and plan to kill you and not let you leave. The rides are even a bit suspecious, like a coffin river dide, a deathly game show, and a unescapable maze.
This was, like I said, my possible favorite out of all of them. None of them really scared me, but t
Veronica Morfi
Rating: 4/5

This is where it all begun. Lizzy, her brother Luke, their parents and Luke's friend Clay are terribly lost. They can't seem to find their way to Zoo Gardens Theme Park, so when the see a sign for Horrorland they decide to give it a try. Big mistake since the rides there are not just scary but deathly.

One Day at Horrorland was very entertaining. I don't remember it being so much fun. I loved Horrorland, best theme park ever. And Lizzy was not such a bad MC either, her brother though w
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Paige
Dec 14, 2012 Paige rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All
Ofcourse, R.L. Stine has created a book that can give you nightmares. A family of two parents and two siblings, after losing their way to zoogardens, travel to a nearby amusement park that is in the middle of nowhere. It is called horrorland. At first, they thought the land was pretty good and it was free. Afterwards, the children and the parents were roaming around on their own and that is when the kids started to realize that something wrong was going on there. The screams of the people and th ...more
Jory
One Day at Horrorland is, without a doubt, my all-time favorite Goosebumps book. It was my favorite when I was a little nerdy bookworm in 5th grade, and it is STILL my favorite Goosebumps book after 10+ years. (I’m bad a math, okay? I’m 23 now, you do the math.)

This Goosebumps novella is starring Lizzy and her family (along with a nerdy friend of her brothers, who is like a fat boy version of me when I was his age). They are on their way to the zoo for a vacation when they get lost because Lizzy
Jesse Dixon
This is the first book of the Goosebumps series I read and first book by R.L Stine I read. I enjoyed it so much I went on to read the first 47 books in the Goosebumps series, and about 40 other books by R.L Stine.
いんたねっと
Andrew
May 02, 2012 Andrew rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children of the 90s who haven't read them yet
Recommended to Andrew by: I don't remember
I often wanted to read this one as a child, and I wish I had been more interested in reading books back then, but it is what it is.
The Morris family got lost trying to find Zoo Gardens. A Theme Park. Instead they find another one called Horrorland. Where the people that work there are called Horrors. In green and purple monster 'costumes.' Clay, Lizzy and Luke beg their parents to go to this Horrorland instead of the Zoo Gardens because it seems so much better. After giving in, they get there an
Javi
Éste es el inicio de un proyecto que quiero ir completando poco a poco; la serie de Pesadillas fue la que me hizo empezar a leer cuando era pequeño. O al menos es de lo más antiguo que guardo recuerdos. Siempre me gustaron las historias de terror, y leí un montón de estos libros aunque no todos ni cronológicamente, claro. Guardo un buen recuerdo de ellos y quiero homenajearlos como se merecen.

El libro es entretenido. Es de terror, sí, pero comedido. Obviamente es para un público infantil, y quiz
Somerandom
I used to adore R.L. Stine. I love horror and his books and subsequent TV show was the epitome of a 90's childhood. But my god, was Mr Stine a boring TV show host.

This one was the first book I read in the Goosebumps series and I loved it as a kid. Now, it does seem a little weaker than I remember. The characters are just kind of there and the ending isn't all that good. But I still enjoyed reading it again, if only for that certain nostalgic feel.
This book creeped me out as a kid and it creeped
semsma
فكرتها حلوه لكن مطول فيها ااوووي و خلاها ممله .. دا غير النهايه عبيطه جدا :D .. النجمتين للفكره وللغلاف :D
يمكن السلسله دي الاعداد ال حلوه ال فيها قليله لكن بحبها محبه خاصه كدا زي ما وراء الطبيعه وفلاش وسماش عشان كانو من اول الحاجات ال قراتها .. بس في اعداد مميزه ف السلسله دي مش كلها ضعيفه يعني و كمان بحب جدااا شكل الغلاف ^_^
Kris'N Punja
This book gives actual goose bumps and the author has a special hook. The author is really descriptive and makes you think what you would have wanted to think ... sometimes. This book is perfect.
David Santos

One of my favorite Goosebumps books. I've been to many theme parks. Disney World. Six Flags. I've been to Haunted Houses and even dated some monsters. So, this book was right up my alley! Anything that's haunted is fun. This book starts to kick in with its horrorfest around chapter two. Very fun and exciting book. If only a park like that really did exist!

You have a family of four, one daughter and a son, with his friend who look for a theme park, get lost and come a
Markus
The Morris family is driving through the desert for the Zoo Gardens theme park. The father left the map at home, so they get lost. They saw a sign that said horror land theme park 1 mile so they went there. The person in the toll booth is in a lifelike costume was sorry and allowed them to enter the park for free. When they ask to use the telephone they are informed that there are no telephones at HorrorLand.They decide to go on some rides. The Deadly Doom Slide is their first choice, and it con ...more
Icarlygirl
I am giving this one four stars because it was a little too creepy for me. My favorite ride was the house of mirrors because it was fun. The scariest ride was the deadly doom slide. I would not pick slide number 10 because it's the doom slide. If you choose it you will slide forever and if it stops you will slide to your doom. I would not go to Horror Land for a day! No Way!! I think I would recommend it to Haven, Haley, and Emoney. But not for Piper! And not for kids under 4.
Sabrina
Dette er nok min favorit af Gåsehud bøgerne indtil videre. Den var tilpas creepy og underholdende. Alle bøgerne er virkelig letlæselige, jeg kan læse den på ca. en time. Jeg elsker hvordan R.L. Stine formår at gøre dem uhyggelige. Jeg elskede dem virkelig som barn, og det faktum at de ikke har en lykkelig slutning er virkelig en fed detalje. Selvom disse bøger mest henvender sig til det noget yngre publikum, kan man sagtens læse dem som voksen.
Redfox5
Reader beware you're in for a scare!

I'm gonna read like it's 1994! I was 6 when I first started these books, borrowed 'Night Of The Living Dummy' from one of my friends and I was hooked from there. I read them all through the 90's and loved them. I only stopped when the 'Goosebumps 2000' series came out but I'm not sure if that's because they were rubbish or I was just getting older and had started to lose interest.

I love the idea of Horrorland. Someone should make a theme park like it. I'd go
Nina Ivanova
This story was published with another two Goosebumps stories - here's my full review of whole - Click, click

"Един ден в Хорърленд" затова пък си го спомням доста добре. В моята категория той приспада към по-леките епизоди, същото важи и за писмения вариант. Страхът се надграждаше постоянно в течение на историята и ефектът като цяло беше сполучлив (но не колкото визуалния вариант). Принадлежността на историята към леката категория се потвърди и от финалната врътка - която тук я имаше, но беше по-
Katie
I read this over again whenever I forget parts :) I love this book because it feels like I'm reading a dream/nightmare I would have. It's hard to explain, but I recommend reading this to experience one amazingly cool, scary, fast-paced book. My favorite Goosbumps book.
Kitkat
This book was a pretty good book. I liked how there was always something to entertain the reader. I'll admit, coming into the story was slow, but everything he wrote connected to the story and was relevant.
NATHANIELL
I like this book so much it kind of scary which I like. Another thing is that it was scarry and interesting at the same time.

At the beginning of the book theres this family and there going to a amusment park but they left the map at there house when they left. So they decide to try and fint the place on there own. As there driving they get lost and than they come acrost a sign that sais horrland 1 mile ahead. The father was planning on going back home but the kids wanted to go and see it to find
J.
Delacia
This book was an "ok " book because interesting things happen as Lizzy,her brother and his friend go through danger in an unknown park but it needs to get to the point.
Joaquín Jiménez-Waingort
Ben
I liked all the others way more than this one, but it is okay. It has the good writing that I know R.L. Stine for, but that is pretty much it.
Joan Sebastián Araujo Arena
Lo acabo de leer.

Lizzie, no puedo creer que tu familia dijese que eres la más tranquila de todos, al menos Luke se recuperaba rápido; respecto a Clay, bueno, él sólo es un niño. Y tu madre y tu padre, ¡sí que se mantienen en forma! Creo que si me hubiese tocado a mí y a mi familia estar un día en Horrorlandia no habríamos huido tan fácilmente.

Stine, no te conocía. Y generalmente no me gusta ni leer ni ver películas de «terror». Aún así, creo que te daré otra oportunidad de hacer que la adrenalin
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Em Smith
Very good, not really scary but i think that a good thing. Recomend it to everyone who likes goosebumps. Funny twist at the end.
Ashley Gonalez
One day at Horrorland 7 58 Nov 26, 2013 09:17AM
Goodreads Librari...: Make the English language series the primary one 5 86 Jul 01, 2013 03:00AM
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones
  • The Secret (Animorphs, #9)
  • Karen's Witch (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)