Start by marking “Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7)

Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery #7)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  1,236 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Eight years ago, Abby Knight babysat for a problem teen named Elizabeth. Today, Elizabeth’s back, with a new name (Libby) and a whole new life (stolen)—namely, one that already belongs to Abby. Libby’s even trying to steal Abby’s boyfriend, Marco. But imitation really becomes the sincerest form of trouble when Abby finds herself the accused dupe in a bizarre murder plot.
Published August 5th 2008 by NAL

The 7th installment in the Flower Shop Mysteries and once again when I got near the end I HAD to finish. All plans for the night went down the toilet while I sat and read the night away. Well worth it too I might add.

In this one Abby finds her old baby sitting charge Elizabeth Blume has come back to town. She charms everyone in Abbey's life and starts to take on Abby's identity. Worse - nobody believe's her when Abby tells them she is up to no good. When Abby finds herself thrown in jail over a
Abby Knight is back for the seventh book of A Flower Shop Mystery Series. This time Abby finds herself involved with a former charge who gradually steals Abby’s life. Right away Abby feels Libby is up to no good, however everyone else thinks Abby is overreacting. Things soon turn from bad to worse when Abby is mistakenly arrested for murder. Abby thinks Libby set her up, however Abby doesn’t have any proof.

Libby comes between Abby’s relationship with Marco which leaves Abby no choice but to end
Now, this is what I'm talking about! This was an awesome installment in the Flower Shop mystery series. It kept me engaged from beginning to end. The new characters were so interesting, yet some were downright people that you love to hate, like Libby. I really liked all of the scenarios in the book, including the issues with Marco and Abby.
Holly Booms Walsh
Surprisingly complex and entertaining little cozy mystery about a florist who has to solve the crime when another young woman comes to town and tries to take over her appearance, friends, and maybe even her boyfriend... and get her framed for murder. This is a breezy chick-lit/ light romance in addition to the mystery.
My second favorite book in the series. It was not better than the first book but really close.
Years ago Abby babysat Elizabeth, who even then made Abby’s life miserable. Now Libby is back in town and causing trouble for Abby. Libby buys the same car, dyes her blonde hair red, starts wearing the same clothes and even creates a shop that is eerily similar to Abby’s. Libby even starts getting between Abby and her boyfriend Marco. While Libby has the whole town fooled only Abby knows what lies beneath. But how will she prove it? Unfortunately, everyone thinks that Libby’s imitation of Abby i ...more
Shoots to Kill is number 7 in Kate Collins's cozy mystery series, A Flower Shop Mystery, but it's the first one I've read (just because I'm that kind of person and it was the only one my library had on-line). Which is too bad: now I'm going to have to go back to the first and read the rest of them which are hopefully as good as this one.

I admit I was drawn in by the name. Pretty clever-get it, "shoots" as in gun and flowers? I love the names of many of these cozy mysteries but the stories themse
Book 7 in the Flower Shop Mysteries.
This book sucked me in right from the start. Abby is dealing with a serious case of stolen identity. Problem is she is having a hard time convincing people that the innocent girl who stole it, Libby, is actually guilty. Libby becomes quite the doppleganger copying Abby's red hair, yellow corvette, and even the exact design of her flower shop. She also comes between Abby and her sultry boyfriend Marco. Things get interesting when Libby's mom is found murdered .
I must say that in the beginning it was so annoying that the characters could not see what was obvious to me, as the reader, that I almost put down the book. But, I can only assume that is what Kate Collins wants us to feel in order to connect with Abby, the main character, and the story as well. So, I decided to stick with it since I had already read the first six books in this series and hadn't yet been let down. Needless to say the mystery was wrapped up well (yay!) while another part of the ...more
Gail Galvan
This was my first book by this author. I fell in love with the characters, especially Abby's sassy, satirical attitude. The story reminded me of reading Grafton's books or Agatha Christie's Murder She Wrote plots. She's got everything a good book needs: plot, characters, humor, a love story between Abby and Marco, although sometimes off and on! Love it. Went straight to my second book, Nightshade on Elm Street. What an imagination to come up with so many diverse characters! Also, when I first he ...more
I enjoy this Flower Shop Mystery series so much! In this one Abby gets involved in a not-so-average case of mistaken identity. A girl whom she babysat for 8 years before turns up again. Abby isn't too keen on renewing her acquaintance. Soon the girl has wormed her way into Abby's life- she has dyed her hair red and cut it in Abby's style. She has bought a yellow Mustang convertible and even opened up a shop across from Abby's with the same yellow door and a similar name! Worse, she has alienated ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Abby Knight is facing one of her worst nightmares....the kid she babysat 10+ years previously is back and town and trying to take over her life. Elizabeth Blume decides to go by Libby, opens a shop called Blume's Art Gallery (Abby's shop is Bloomer's florist shop), dyes her hair red and has the same would think they are twins.

Then Libby's mother, Delphi Blume is killed and Abby is suspected and it is up to her to figure out who and why.

This is another good book by Kate Collins. I
I actually started this book in September but didn’t finish it until October. This is my third or fourth book in the series (and I haven’t read them in order). I think it’s the best of the ones I’ve read. Abby’s life gets turned upside-down when a girl from her past swoops in and takes over her identity, incriminating Abby in a murder. I was intrigued throughout this story!
It was nice to visit with all the old characters. when I read the Prologue, I thought I had missed a book, or had forgotten where I had left the characters. Then the first chapter started and I remembered and figured out that would happen very soon. I think this book was better than some of the previous books. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.
Feb 06, 2015 Babs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes mysteries
Thus being the 7th book in the series it was not my favorite one, but overall a great read. For me it was a tad bit slow on the first Chapter, after that it started to pick up and move right along. It was interesting how Libby tries to take over Abby's world and sure leaves a big mess where ever Libby goes. I am looking forward to book 8.
Not a long review because I read this a few days ago, but overall a HUGE improvement from the last book. I really enjoyed this one.
Shirley Worley
Always love to see what Abby and her hunk, Marco, are up to next. This is the first I can remember that there was definite friction between the two, so much so that they split up. I was definitely worried, and the ending was not quite what I was expecting.
Always a good read, Kate Collins has created yet another great cozy mystery. This one takes place in town, where the doppelganger tries to get the main character into a lot of trouble including arrested for murder!
This book immediately had me hooked. I think the idea of identity theft is great and I can't put it down. I'm glad Abby and Marco got back together at the end. Sometimes I wish Abby wasn't quite so stubborn.
This was a great book for the lake. Since this is the first book by this author I've read but is the seventh in the series, I will be starting with book one and reading the entire series over the summer.
This series of books are quick, fun reads. The plot in this one was a little predictable but I still enjoyed it. I didn't read the excerpt from the next book Evil in Carnations - hope the library has it!
Loved it as usual :0) the romance was lacking a bit in this one but for a good reason.... very interesting suspect list in this one lol ... lots if crazies! Moving on to the next :0)
I love this character Abby Knight and her hunky boyfriend marco......This one had me rushing to read so that I could figure out what was going on with my favorite couple
I do love this series of books. Kate Collins has such a humorous style of writing with clever characters and plots. This was one of the best so far.
Watch out world...there are two Abbys around town! Very cleverly written story about a total identity theft, not just credit cards or passwords!
Abigail Knight runs a flower shop but does pi work with her boyfriend on the side. A past acquaintance shows up much to her dismay. The young lady inserts herself in Abby's life way too much for Abby. But when the girls mother dies, an investigation starts unfortunately Abby and Marco (boyfriend) are having issues. This puts a snag in unvestigating for both of them. There are several suspects Abby included for this murder. Nothing is ever as it seems. This was a good fast read which comes to fin ...more
As a 27 year old living in a small Indiana town, I can relate to the main character. I'm glad someone turned me onto this series.
Another in the series of the Flower Shop Mysteries...Marco and Abby broke up. It was like watching them dance, getting back together.
Love this series it is such good fluff, not to mention a relaxing fun read. Enjoy! !!
Abby Knight is not thrilled when Elizabeth Blume returns to town. Abby babysat Elizabeth years ago which was not a happy experience and Abby doubts Elizabeth has changed much over the years. Sure enough, Elizabeth soon changes her name to Libby, dyes her hair red, and imitates Abby in many other ways. All of this is irritating, but when Libby seems to come between Abby and boyfriend Marco, Abby is furious. Even worse, Abby is a chief suspect when there is a murder. Now Abby has to solve the murd ...more
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • Howl Deadly (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #8)
  • Third Degree (A Murder 101 Mystery #5)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Trouble in Bloom (Nina Quinn, #4)
  • The Ghost and the Dead Deb (Haunted Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6)
  • Murder by the Slice (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #2)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery,  #4)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Murder of a Real Bad Boy (A Scumble River Mystery, #8)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
Indiana native and former teacher Kate Collins is the author of the national best-selling Flower Shop Mysteries, featuring feisty florist Abby Knight and the zany crew at Bloomers. Her books have made the New York Times Best-seller's list, Barnes & Noble mass bestsellers lists, the Independent Booksellers lists, and are available in large print editions in the U.S. and the UK.

Kate's historica
More about Kate Collins...

A Flower Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)
  • A Rose from the Dead (A Flower Shop Mysteries, #6)
  • Evil in Carnations (A Flower Shop Mystery, #8)
  • Sleeping With Anemone (A Flower Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) Slay It with Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3) Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4) Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5)