Start by marking “Undressing Mercy” as Want to Read:
Undressing Mercy

Undressing Mercy

As director of a Boston art gallery, Mercy Rothell has made some hot deals in her time, but none like this. In order to sign the impossibly sexy, brilliant, and successful artist Shamus Montgomery to do a show of his celebrated erotic sculptures, Mercy must meet his curious but absolutely non-negotiable demand - she must pose for him in the nude, day after day, or he walks ...more
Published March 1st 2006 by Kensington (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Undressing Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undressing Mercy

Dina
First off, let me show you how I pictured Shamus while I was reading this book:

Photobucket

("Check out these abs," he says. "Aren't they to die for?" Oh yeah! LOL)

Now, on to the review...

Mercy Rothell works as Assistant Director at the Holman Gallery and her professional life couldn't be better. She's only a few months away from being promoted to Director and signing up internationally known artist Shamus Montgomery for a showing at the art gallery will only consolidate her position and thwart the current
Gemma
Jan 17, 2011 Gemma rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Though the cover hints at mad passionate monkey sex, it surprisingly wasn't page after page of it. Instead we had a book that covered a very intresting and pretty tough subject.

The main character Mercy had left New York for Boston after an ex-colleague had raped her and the book opens during the middle of a therapy session with Mercy.

This whole book was really about how a woman who was confident in her sexuality tries to rebuild her life after such a harrowing ordeal. The author handles it rat
ツ Renée
Jan 07, 2013 ツ Renée rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-romance
I thought this was a very entertaining read.

Mercy was a complex character. Having survived a terrible ordeal in which she was brutally violated, she found herself stuck between living and just existing. And then she met Shamus Montgomery. Tall, dark, sexy, confident, strong, dominant Shamus Montgomery. *sigh*

I loved Mercy and Shamus. Their connection was strong; their interactions raw, passionate, and highly sensual. I loved how he saw through the anger and defensiveness to the real Mercy. And t
Loren (lolace the case) White
Jun 21, 2010 Loren (lolace the case) White rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Not just sex, is my first thought about this book, not that sex is bad lol. The characters, they felt real, and the main one named Mercy is dynamic with a troubling past that shes trying to get past. So yes I was glad I read this one.
Jessica
Jul 25, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
interesting heroine (rape survivor) and hero (first interracial romance with a black hero) that I've read in a very long time.
Wyldchild
Jul 08, 2015 Wyldchild rated it really liked it
For a genre that I don't really care I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at the beauty of this book. The name fools you into thinking its all about sex. It isn't its about a woman gaining back her power over her sexuality after suffering a brutal rape by a male collegue/friend. Its about surviving and learning to rust and really live again.

I found myself laughing crying and being totally amazed this was my off the beaten path read and I am glad that I did
 B.E.Love
Oct 17, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
Undressing mercy is about Mercy who is an assistant art director who two years before was raped by a friend. Since the rape Mercy has done all she could to rebuild her life, to be a strong independent woman in all areas except in her personal life. Till one Day she meets Shamus a sexy artist that she is signing on to show his work in her gallery. While working on and signing the contract Shamus lets her know that he needs one more model for his last sculpture and Mercy agree to get who ever he w ...more
Liz Marie
Aug 03, 2016 Liz Marie rated it liked it
Tercera vez que leo este libro y me encanto como las dos veces anteriores. La apasionada historia de Mercy y Shame es hermosa.
Alfred Long
Dec 03, 2015 Alfred Long rated it it was amazing
SMOKIN'. HOT. SEX.
Rogetwhi
Sep 12, 2015 Rogetwhi rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!!!
Fiordiligii
This is one of my all-time favourite vanilla contemporary romances. I have re-read this love story five or six times in the past years. The chemistry between Mercy and Shame is super hot, and I just adore their scenes together when Mercy is posing for Shame's next work of art. What makes Shame one of my favourite heroes is his innately sexy, caring and smooth alpha character. He has the right blend of dirty lover and swoon-worthy gentleman. A+
Bell Sansone
Jan 29, 2013 Bell Sansone rated it it was ok
No me gusto demasiado. Tampoco me hice muy afín a los personajes.. no podía mentalizarlos.
La protagonista era una idiota, como no vas a denunciar al tipo, la cosa no es escaparte del chabon, la cosa es meterlo preso y dejarlo escrachado para toda la vida y que le pueda hacer lo mismo que le hizo a ella, a nadie mas.
Lo único que le preocupaba era su orgullo y dignidad.
No me gusto.
Auraya
Sep 21, 2013 Auraya rated it really liked it
A big disappointment was that we barely got to know Shamus. He didnt come across as someone permanent. I guess because they never talked about love it always seemed strictly sexual. (view spoiler)
Daphne
Jun 17, 2013 Daphne rated it liked it
La historia se me hizo interesante con el tema de Mercy, y debo concederle especialmente que tiene frases muy profundas sobre la supervivencia y que la protagonista, es una luchadora que se levanta y pelea por ella.

RR COMPLETO: http://www.daphnears.com/2013/06/lei-...
Eve
Jun 04, 2015 Eve rated it really liked it
Mercy is an art lover and a confident woman herself, who has been refusing to live after a traumatic event. This was a book that I read in a snap. Has very particular characters and reminds us women that we must continue our life bravely without fear of those who once hurt us.
Mar 04, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
God I love this book. Mercy is a strong independent working women. When she meets Shamus and then blackmails mercy into being his muse and stand in. The relationship between mercy n Shamus is hot dirty and loving. Great HEA. Really funny
Alexia Madrigal
Jun 17, 2013 Alexia Madrigal rated it did not like it
Al leer la sinopsis me parecía buena la historia y me daban ganas de leerlo. Ahora que lo he terminado, digo que me he llevado la mayor decepción de mi vida.
Erica
Mar 11, 2013 Erica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trama interesante, aunque algo lenta. Me imaginé a Shemar Moore (Derek Morgan en 'Criminal Minds) siendo Shame y estuvo genial.

Mi calificación 3.8
Brigette
Aug 22, 2010 Brigette rated it liked it
The characters, they felt real and the story was good.
Elle
May 01, 2012 Elle rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A great sexy contemporary.
Reddish
Oct 20, 2013 Reddish rated it did not like it
What a disappointment.
Mitabird
Jun 26, 2008 Mitabird rated it liked it
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
SLW
SLW marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Mariana
Mariana marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Penni
Penni marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Deb Kendall
Deb Kendall marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
  • He's So Shy (Bad Boys, #1)
  • Tempting Turner (The Men of CCD, #3)
  • Child of Her Heart
  • Love's Learning Curves (Wolf’s Seduction #3)
  • Inside Out
  • Yours for the Night (Courtesans Tales, #1)
  • One Night of Paradise (To Serve and Protect, #2)
  • Port of Paradise
  • Within His Sight (Heart of Justice #1)
  • Shaking Off the Dust
  • I'm Your Girl
  • Xavier's Loving Arms (Sweet & Sinful #3)
  • The Color of Love
  • At Last
  • Crash
  • The Soldier's Mate (prequel to The Billionaire's Mate)
  • Come, My Love
  • Tempt Not the Cat
Deanna Lee is an erotic romance author living in the southern United States with two spoiled rotten dogs and her husband. When she isn’t plotting world domination she splits her time between writing and the day to day operations of Cobblestone Press which she co-founded with her best friend Sable Grey.
More about Deanna Lee...