Start by marking “White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)” as Want to Read:
White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)

White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #3)

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  623 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
IT’S A SNOWY December in Washington, D.C., and Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are there to see the sights. While they’re admiring the White House, they meet the president’s stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall. Soon, in the confusion of all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president’s dog, Natasha, goes missing! The kids set out to find her, but it ...more
Published August 12th 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about White House White-out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White House White-out

Thea Stilton and the Cherry Blossom Adventure by Thea StiltonThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. SeussWacky Wednesday by Dr. SeussNate the Great and the Pillowcase by Marjorie Weinman SharmatFancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
Francie's & Jane's list
48th out of 87 books — 4 voters
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Kite Runner by Khaled HosseiniA Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled HosseiniHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Books That I Rated "5 Stars"
384th out of 619 books — 68 voters

More lists with this book...

Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). The super editions are lengthier and more satisfying. I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I c
Evelynn
Oct 23, 2013 Evelynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great mystery for kids from the A to Z Mysteries by Ron Roy.

The mystery this time wasn't so much the "whodunit" as the "what's gonna happen next". It was a nice change of pace in comparison to the Encyclopedia Brown books, which are usually the "whodunit" or the "how'd they slip up".

(view spoiler)

I think th
Melissa Namba
Nov 11, 2015 Melissa Namba rated it it was ok
I liked this one less than the others in the series. It isn't the author's fault, but due to the events of 9/11, this is not even plausible. Basically, the President's step daughter approaches the kids by the gate to the White House and invites them in. And then they all get kidnapped. The kids reading these books now, would not even know a pre 9/11 world so the notion of a time when this might (implausible though it may be) happen does not exist. Characters are still consistent.
Kaytee
Jul 18, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing
the kids met kc and marshall then then they found out that kcs dog was missing then they found the dog in a truck they got trapped in the truck for the night then the truck stopped and the kids busted the trunk. then they couldent finf the dog agin then these snowmobiles came up and the dog was with him. then they gothome safley to there home
Jo Miller
A few kids are out seeing the sights in Washington D.C. and come across the president's stepdaughter. Next thing they know the president's dog goes missing and the group of kids go out to try to find her. It is suspenseful and I feel that the kids will enjoy reading, if not this book, than others in the series.

Tatiana
Jul 31, 2015 Tatiana rated it it was amazing
Ron Roy's books are soooooooooooooo good!It's a story of how Ruth Rose, Dink,and Josh meet the president's stepdaughter KC and her friend Marshall. They get trapped in a van and the kidnapper uses KC's dog as a bait. It's a very interesting story and fun to read! You should try the series.
Ms. Myers
Ruth ross ,josh,and dink Washington d.c and it is really snowy .they stay in the hotel that is near the white house so they go to check out the white house and they where out side b a fence ,there was the presidents step daughter named k.c ,her friend Marshall ,and her dog Natasha .k.c let josh,ruth Ross ,and dink in to the white house and there where decorators to decorate the white house for Christmas .k.c showed them what she was going to give to the president it was a whistle so he could tra ...more
Marlee
Dec 19, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it
A fun book for fans of the A-Z mysteries series, which also introduces some characters from another of Ron Roy's series. Both of my children, ages 7 and 10, really enjoyed this book.
Caleb
Jun 27, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it
I liked it they have capital mystery people in this book
Viola Sung
Feb 14, 2015 Viola Sung rated it really liked it
Caden
Dec 11, 2014 Caden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-myself
Its partly capital misery.

Dolly
Dec 22, 2009 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've really enjoyed the A to Z Mysteries series and love that Mr. Roy has written a couple extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. And what's even better is that Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose get to meet KC and Marshall from the Capital Mysteries series. We really liked that. We enjoyed looking for the hidden letters in the pictures, too, figuring out the special message. It's a really fun book and we will read more by this author very soon.
Gina
Dec 16, 2014 Natalie Burts rated it it was amazing
it was good.
Karijean31
Aug 18, 2014 Karijean31 rated it really liked it
Aaron and I enjoyed reading this book together!
Ann Moody
Jul 04, 2013 Ann Moody rated it liked it
Chose this in conjunction with a trip to Washington DC. It was okay, but the kids get into situations throughout that are completely unrealistic. Yes, I know it's fiction, just pretend. But they get much closer to the presidential family than could ever possibly happen, and they get into an extremely dangerous situation that in real life could easily end in disaster. This is our 2nd A to Z mystery and based on that I rank the series as "average."
Mary
Oct 18, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
I liked the story it was a fast read and shows that kids can accomplish things, but I didn't like the fact that a child in a high-profile place took a chance that allowed her to be kidnapped. I felt that the children should have approached one of the adults in charge of protection to help them. I also felt that someone who was friends with a person who was unstable was allowed free access to our White House.
Maddie Dalman
Feb 03, 2015 Maddie Dalman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
it was scary but not to scary
Katie
Dec 21, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Review from my 9 year old daughter: "I really liked that this book was about Washington DC because I enjoyed going there and I really like A to Z Mystery books. It was really fun reading with my mom."
Qiankun Liu
Sep 30, 2013 Qiankun Liu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 40-book-chanllge
This so good, is about Dink, Josh,and Ruth Rose meet president’s stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall.Then all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president’s dog, Natasha, goes missing! So they look for Natasha. And Natasha save they live. The adventure is so excite, and they are very smart to.
Kari
Mar 06, 2013 Kari rated it really liked it
Shelves: school, kids
A to Z mysteries are the perfect starter mystery for kids. The detective is pretty clear, the mystery is also pretty clear, even the bad guy is pretty clear. But, there are still clues to be found in the book, so early mystery readers can do the work of 'trying to figure out the solution to the mystery.'
Moop
Jan 15, 2013 Moop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Great book for third graders. Has mystery and suspense! The presidents dog and step kids are kidnapped and taken away in a van by some Christmas decorators that were working at the whit house. They eventually end up in a snow pile. Fun book for young readers.
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing
when dink and his friends visit washington d.c. they meet the president's stepdaughter and her friend.then the president's dog natasha is kidnapped dink and hiss friends and the president's step daughter and her friend are on the case to find natasha.
Lisadunbar22
Apr 24, 2013 Lisadunbar22 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: evan
Payton
Jun 12, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it
Its where Dink,Josh,Ruth Rose,KC,and Marshall have to find the first dog,Natasha,but when they find her they all seem to be kinapped and have to survive the in the snow and find Natasha again.
Angela
Jul 27, 2009 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ambitious book by Ron Roy. The only problem my daughter had was believing any parent would let their children wander around Washington D.C. without a chaperone.

Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Ruth Rose meet the presidents step daughter and her friend and they all get stuck in a snow bank. L.A.
Emily
Oct 21, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it
i liked this book because i could connect with most of the things in that book
Kaitlin
Jan 29, 2011 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
This is the best one that he ever wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The Secret Of Robber's Cave (Cabin Creek Mysteries #1)
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Abraham Lincoln (Magic Tree House Fact Tracker, #25)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • Pony Problems (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #3)
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Horrible Harry Bugs the Three Bears
  • Stop That Hamster! (Ready, Freddy!, #12)
  • Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition (8 books)
  • Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #1)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • The Castle Crime (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #6)
  • Operation Orca (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #7)
  • Secret Admirer: (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #8)